You really cannot beat the location of the Ashworth. Literally the closest hotel to the beach and probably the best hotel in Hampton Beach. However, looking at the competition, that's not saying much. We reserved two rooms - one in the new wing and one in the old. The larger room was in the old part with the bathroom remodelled nicely, however the room had a smell - a little like low tide. Both rooms had partial ocean views and looked over the pool and "sand bar" area (a cool spot for drinks and appetizers early in the evening). The rooms both had new flat screen TVs. The bedding seemed old and the bed sheets didn't fit properly. The toilet in one room was so loud that when it was used in the middle of the night it would have awakened light sleepers.
The restaurant/bar/disco was okay. After the first night we drove to Portsmouth for dinner each night - a much better option. The attached coffee shop was open only till noon so lunch there was not an option. The food was edible but not particularly worthy of a second visit. The staff however was very courteous, pleasant and helpful. We were looking for a DVD player one night and they were able to provide one.
Overall still a nice vacation spot for a few days....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open year round, Ashworth by the Sea offers friendly New England hospitality in an elegant, boutique setting overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. We've maintained the historical aspects of the hotel, which has been a Hampton Beach Landmark for the past 100 years, and our recent renovation has updated the hotel with all the modern conveniences and amenities today's traveler expects. Ashworth by the Sea offers captivating views overlooking award-winning beaches, as well as creative dining, superior service, well-appointed rooms, and a superb location on Hampton Beach, New Hampshire. We look forward to welcoming you to our beach hotel. With New Hampshire's only sandy beach just outside your front door, the hotel has been designed to provide a tranquil seaside retreat. Stay with us, and you'll enjoy elegantly furnished guestrooms, three restaurants offering some of the finest dining on Hampton Beach, and effortless access to the area's prime attractions, including Odiorne Point, Rye Harbor and the Kittery Outlets. A wide variety of family amusements including a water park, zoo, museums, the Casino Ballroom concert arena, and tax-free shopping, are all within minutes of our doors. Relax and enjoy the ocean views from your private balcony, or take a dip in our refreshing heated pool before strolling off to discover one of the many fine shops or historical sites nearby. With over 6,000 square feet of event space and five dynamic function rooms, Ashworth by the Sea is a top destination for weddings, social gathering and corporate meetings on Hampton Beach and the Seacoast. Ashworth by the Sea is the perfect destination for romantic getaways, family vacations, girlfriends' shopping weekends, or corporate retreats. While many Hampton Beach hotels close once the summer rush is over, Ashworth by the Sea welcomes guests throughout the year, making us ideal for travelers who prefer to enjoy the quieter, off-season side of the New England coast in the cooler months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ashworth by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashworth By The Sea Hotel Hampton
- Ashworth By The Sea Hampton
- Ashworth Sea
- Ashworth Hotel Hampton Nh