“Best Hotel, Best Deal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Boston
“Best Hotel, Best Deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We bought this stay on living social and had seen mixed reviews. My boyfriend and I stayed here and everything was wonderful. The staff was super friendly. The food at the hotel dining room for dinner and breakfast was amazing. (Order the lobster mac n' cheese, and the rib eye). And the dining room turns into a little dance floor after 9pm and there's a DJ playing top 40.
We used the pool which was heated and clean.
We had a side view of the ocean-lovely! Hotel rooms are very clean.
The decor is a little dated and the hotel looks like there are making updates in steps (not under construction, but our room had dated bedding but a flat screen TV). If you want a Four Seasons in terms of decor- this is not it-but it's Four Seasons in terms of everything else. It is a beach hotel tried and true.
This was a great one stop destination for a quick get-away. This was an excellent visit! I would go back in a heart beat!!

Room Tip: They have 2 choices of rooms: a side view and the full ocean view. Side view is what we had and it...
5 Thank georgia730

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

The Ocean Front room was one of the best I've stayed in. The property is very well kept, with nice room decor and amenities. Things like large bathrooms with solid surface counters, subway tiled showers, flat screen TV with a large and comfy bed made this a location I could have easily stayed at for awhile. The on site restaurant offers all the basics, and is very good. We were there for an event which made for a fully booked property, but the staff did an excellent job managing the crowd and was super friendly and helpful. They really went out of their way to take care of us and make us feel welcome and relaxed.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DTdiesel
Central, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I have been coming here for years, it's a nice get away. We recently stayed there for the holiday weekend. We made reservations a bit late so they only had a room for one night, I called back on Wednesday and they a cancellation so we could go for the weekend. Colleen was wonderful and took great care of us. The first night we were on the second floor right by the elevator, my first thought was we were going to be up all night with the elevator noise, not true we didn't hear it at all. FYI, the only noise was in the bathroom you can hear your neighbors talking and they can hear you. We went out on Saturday and they moved our bags to our new room that all went smoothly. We ate here both Friday and Saturday night, Friday night we were told they were short staffed and our server just kept walking by and saying sorry instead of stopping long enough to take our order. People started coming in and sitting down getting food and service and we were still sitting there, my husband got up and got us a drink at the bar. It took an hour and a half to get our meal that wasn't very good, I had roasted chicken that was way over-cooked, my husband had a sirloin was just okay. So we went back (I know why) Saturday night and again the place is packed with dirty tables everywhere, we were lucky enough to have Derek as our server, although he was busy he took great care of us. I had a the surf n turf, Lobster and a sirloin steak, the steak was cooked to perfection. My husband had the Lobster mac n cheese that really enjoyed. I found it a bit too rich for me. So the food was better tonight, the service was great thanks to Derek. We had breakfast on Saturday morning and again walking in the diningroom and all the empty tables were dirty, not sure what's going on here but they need to stop saying SORRY and get some wait staff and improve the dining service or people will stop coming here. Why we come is for the great location, being able to eat here and listen to the DJ, dancing and not having to drive. Maybe it's because it's the off season, not sure.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KCVermont
Framingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

I have stayed at the Ashworth a few times and have always had a great stay. Lovely hotel, beautiful views, great dinner and lively bar scene. The staff could not have been nicer and more helpful. Will be staying there again.

6 Thank LeighR1957
Dracut, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife can't say enough about the Ashworth. In the summer it may be prohibitively expensive for our budget but in the off-season it can't be beat. During the coldest months they close off part of the hotel so we got an unexpected upgrade to our reservation. Our room came with a sofa which we moved closer to the sliding glass door where we could sit and watch the surf in cozy comfort. Plus, we were able to park in the garage downstairs and not be worried about being snowed in. As usual the indooor heated pool was really comfortable, the restaurant fare and staff were just what we expected, we had a great time in the lounge on Friday and Saturday night dancing to "DJ Dan" and enjoying ourselves with the other folks.
Everyone who works at the Ashworth is friendly and helpful, we can't wait for our next visit in a couple of months.

Room Tip: Not a room tip but we appreciated that complimentary coffee is available in the morning for guests t...
4 Thank Miike L
Londonderry, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

I ask my wife if we could run away for labor day weekend, without the kids and or distractions. I left it up to her to pick where she wanted to go and she picked the Ashworth by the Sea. We had never been to the Ashworth and I can tell you now it will be the only place we stay. A great staff ( they helped my wife find a karaoke place just off the strip that made her happy) a great location ( right on the beach where I had my morning coffee) good prices, clean, friendly, and more importantly very relaxing.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Dave L
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

I have been going to the Ashworth by the Sea for over 35 years (started as a child with my parents) and it has only gotten better with age. They have just remodelled the rooms, which are spectacular. The front desk staff is courteous & friendly, as are the valets & housekeeping. It truly is the only place to stay when visiting Hampton Beach!!

Room Tip: I have only stayed ocean front, which I highly recommend for the breathtaking views.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Bridgetmtl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern
Atlantic Breeze Suites
#5 of 41 in Hampton
Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook

Been to Ashworth by the Sea? Share your experiences!