Well I will NEVER stay here again.Got our room and parked in their garage with a sign that says not responsible for anything.Went to room,fridge warm and falling over,balcony lock broken,ancient air for room.After alerting the desk went to dinner down the beach,came back and they had not done a thing.Colleen at the desk was awesome and comped breakfast for the 3 days we were here and got us a new room.We went to breakfast 1st day waitress we were supposed to have ignored us and another older woman came over and was nice.Next day got room service and it was cold.Dealt with it.Went to go out later and noticed dishes in hallway by elevator were still there 6 hrs later.Went to dinner at the dining room,made a reservation for 2 for window,was sat nowhere near a window.Ordered a salad which was good and then surf and turf.My lobster was brown,steak was raw.Waiter was awesome his name is Derek who alerted the cook before he served us that he should cook me a new lobster because the claws were broken and brown but had him take it to me anyway.I opened it and it was brown and tail was also and wasn't from the vein either.Derek took it back to kitchen because they didn't believe him that it was even though it didn't look right before he even brought it to me.So he came back and said they have lobster meat for sandwiches and would give me some so I said fine,I then cut into my cold steak just to find it raw.He came back with the lobster meat,cold,and I showed him the steak and he said he would speak to manager again and see if it could be taken off the bill,It shouldn't have even been a discussion about it anymore.It took the manager over an hour to come to our table and apologize which is just bad managerial skills.They took off my and my friends food yay big deal and we are even guests in the hotel.I will never ever stay in this pit again.They need to make the desk girl manager and the waiter manager since they were the only ones who cared.The hotel night manager was acting like I was bothering him,sorry my door didn't lock.If my belongings got stolen they would have been sued and if I got food poisoning from their raw spoiled food they would have gotten sued.Maybe I should have eaten it.The hostess for the dining room was very snobby and like I said I made reservations for a window and no one was sitting at the window seats at all so NO EXCUSE THERE!!!! What a horrible experience for a vacation I was looking forward to since it was a 4-5 star hotel which in my opinion it is far from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open year round, Ashworth by the Sea offers friendly New England hospitality in an elegant, boutique setting overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. We've maintained the historical aspects of the hotel, which has been a Hampton Beach Landmark for the past 100 years, and our recent renovation has updated the hotel with all the modern conveniences and amenities today's traveler expects. Ashworth by the Sea offers captivating views overlooking award-winning beaches, as well as creative dining, superior service, well-appointed rooms, and a superb location on Hampton Beach, New Hampshire. We look forward to welcoming you to our beach hotel. With New Hampshire's only sandy beach just outside your front door, the hotel has been designed to provide a tranquil seaside retreat. Stay with us, and you'll enjoy elegantly furnished guestrooms, three restaurants offering some of the finest dining on Hampton Beach, and effortless access to the area's prime attractions, including Odiorne Point, Rye Harbor and the Kittery Outlets. A wide variety of family amusements including a water park, zoo, museums, the Casino Ballroom concert arena, and tax-free shopping, are all within minutes of our doors. Relax and enjoy the ocean views from your private balcony, or take a dip in our refreshing heated pool before strolling off to discover one of the many fine shops or historical sites nearby. With over 6,000 square feet of event space and five dynamic function rooms, Ashworth by the Sea is a top destination for weddings, social gathering and corporate meetings on Hampton Beach and the Seacoast. Ashworth by the Sea is the perfect destination for romantic getaways, family vacations, girlfriends' shopping weekends, or corporate retreats. While many Hampton Beach hotels close once the summer rush is over, Ashworth by the Sea welcomes guests throughout the year, making us ideal for travelers who prefer to enjoy the quieter, off-season side of the New England coast in the cooler months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ashworth by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashworth By The Sea Hotel Hampton
- Ashworth By The Sea Hampton
- Ashworth Sea
- Ashworth Hotel Hampton Nh