“Nice”

Ashworth by the Sea
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel is very nice. It's directly across from the ocean. We had our wedding reception in the ballroom and everyone stayed at the hotel. All of our guests had such a wonderful stay, no complaints. The staff is very friendly. It would be nice if they had a complimentary breakfast. Everything was great!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jess532013

Reviewed 8 August 2013

my husband and i stayed at the Ashworth for our anniversary. we had a wonderful view and the staff was very helpful. There were a few concerns our sheets had some stains on them, the breakfast was a little cold, and the charged my credit card for parking when i asked to pay it during check out. but all and all we really enjoyed our hampton trip. we will definitely return to the Ashworth!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jtol3242
Ashworth_By_The_Sea, Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear jtol3242,

Please know that we welcome your feedback and are very sorry that you experienced a less than perfect vacation experience at our hotel.

Your comments have been shared at our weekly managers meeting and the issues you shared, were discussed with our housekeeping and culinary team members.

We truly hope that you will give us another chance in the future,

Warm Regards,

Resident Manager

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The view from the private balcony is breathtaking. We enjoyed a glass of wine while we sat there on Wednesday night to watch the fireworks right outside our room. Having the beautiful beach right across the street is wonderful. After the morning on the beach, we would break from the sun and have lunch in our room before going back for the afternoon. We didn't have as many beach days as we would have liked. On those days, we went to other nearby towns in NH, Maine, and Mass.. All the staff was polite and cheerful. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner in the restaurant. They offered a wide variety of food and all was delicious.

Room Tip: Getting a balcony if possible is so worthwhile. We opted for a refrigerator where we kept cold water...
3  Thank Jan Z
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I chose the Ashworth for our family vacation based on the hotel website- I particularly was looking for a hotel with an indoor pool in case of bad weather. We had a great time at the Ashworth. The location at the beginning of the boardwalk was very convenient. The rooms were updated and modern. The staff was helpful and friendly. We had the opportunity to eat at two of the onsite restaurants and the food was great. When we arrived the staff provided a gift pail with coloring books and snacks for my young children. When booking I ordered a dvd player and refrigerator and both were in the room and set up for our use. The wireless internet was easily accessible and we used it often throughout our stay. The cleaning staff was friendly and they did an excellent job every day. We had rainy weather two of our four days at the beach and I was happy that I chose the Ashworth because of the indoor pool, dvd and movie options and onsite restaurants. The one thing that I missed in Hampton Beach that I have found at every beach I've visited in the south is beach chairs and umbrellas available to rent at the beach. The Ashworth did provide very nice beach chairs that we used both good weather days, but they were heavy and difficult for me to carry across the street while lugging 2 young children and their many beach items. If we ever return to Hampton Beach, I will definitely stay at the Ashworth. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation to any family planning a stay at Hampton Beach.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa16162013
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Hoped for sunny beach days but we got rain both days. Hoever, we did swim in the indor pool and enjoyed the hotel restaurants. The beach across the steet is clean and sandy. The downtown is vibrant with shops, arcades, restaurants, and entertainment.

3  Thank Michael G
Ashworth_By_The_Sea, Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Micheal G,

We appreciate your taking the time to share your positive experience at our hotel during your recent visit to Hampton Beach.

We've had such a beautiful summer, I'm sorry you had rain during your stay. With so many options here, the pool, restaurants and lounge, in addition to the local area offerings of things to do - it's great that you were still able to enjoy it !

We hope to see you again soon - Remember, we are open year round and the beach is beautiful and relaxing in the off season too !

Hotel Resident Manager

Reviewed 1 August 2013

First trip to Hampton, so I had no idea what to expect. My husband and I were visiting for the night because of a concert. We chose the Ashworth because we wanted something a little nice than a hotel and the pickings are slim. This is definitely a hotel, not a motel. We pulled up and all their parking is valet only (with a $10 fee). This was perfectly fine. We were greeted at the front by a lovely receptionist. She was friendly and helpful and gave us some tips about restaurants. Our room was on the second floor. Best king with a partial view. Our view had a slight peek of ocean from our small balcony. The room was well kept. Everything was clean and working well and the room was a decent size. The bed was cozy and I felt I got a well nights rest and there was no noise in the hall. The hotel has a restaurant, bar and cafe as well as an exercise room and an indoor pool. The hotel was a bit pricey, but I guess you're paying for the amenities and if that's what you want, this is probably your best bet. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here because of the price and Hampton Beach isn't really my favorite place, but if I was visiting the area again I would definitely stay.

1  Thank Nicole C
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We recently stay at the ashworth in an oceanfront room. A little pricey but well worth the cost ocean was center front and you can look up and down the boardwalk. Trust me there was plenty of people to watch.. From check in to the restaurant to the sandbar, including room service to the maids to all the staff were friendly and helpful.will definitely stay again. Just wish they had a hot tub. Room was well appointed bed was kingsize and very comfortable. Bathroom was tile and granite counters. Very nice and CLEAN.

Room Tip: Looks like all the rooms have a view, so maybe you don't have to splurge for oceanfront
2  Thank Dianelson

Dear Easy Wind 9,

Thank you so much for a great review. The staff at our hotel truly care about our guests and strive every day to achieve the results that you experienced.

It means a lot to hear that their efforts are appreciated ! Know your comments are appreciated !

Please come see us again soon !

Warm regards,

Resident Manager

603-926-6762

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Atlantic Breeze Suites
Hampton Village Resort
#10 of 41 in Hampton
Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook
Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton

Been to Ashworth by the Sea? Share your experiences!