“I loved it. So beautiful. Great view.”

Ashworth by the Sea
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This was the best hotel we have stayed in. The view of the beach is perfect!! I love that they are smoke free. Pool was great. Friendly staff. Dinner at the restraunt was ok. Very clean. They have valet parking also.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Loriloves98

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed at Ashworth By the Sea for our anniversary with a Groupon so did not have any expectation of luxury. Our room was clean, roomy, comfortable, slight ocean view from small balcony. The staff was exceedingly helpful; beachfront location cannot be beat. The food in the hotel was good but not great. Since it was off-season, we travelled around to find places that had been recommended to us to dine. In October, there were not many dining choices beachfront but plenty within a few miles drive. We found our room to be quiet as it was away from the front of the hotel. The lounge was a great place to just hang out. I would definitely stay here again.

T

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Having a small porch to sit on and just see and breathe in the ocean, That was just the best.

Everyone treated me like I was a King. Opening doors, valet service gratis for my car, greeting me when I came in, pulling that big cart with all of my clothes, camera gear, and food for me, bring up a frig and plugging it in, a great comfortable king size bed that I slept in for hours, totally cosy, heat or cool air I could regulate, desk for my laptop, and free wifi, bar, restaurant where I asked for a tall glass of juice. It must have been 12" tall, that I carefully carted back to my room.

And then just walking outside to the very wonderful totally new mile long walkway along the ocean, right across the street. It has very cool LED overhead street lights, benches, square blocks of granite to sit on in any which way, pergulas with very comfortable wood benches to sit in in the shade, tall grasses waving in the breeze, handicap accessible ramps to the beach, concerts, clean bathrooms, wonderful design elements. I spent hours walking along here.

The beach is unbelievably clean, as is the hotel, and the walkway. Friendly people everywhere.

Coming here off season is just a huge bonus. However the hotel is only open Thurs-Sunday.

Do get up at sunrise, as the light is tremendously beautiful. And as you have just have to walk across the street, to walk along the ocean, after a good nights sleep, you have the best of all worlds. Sunset streaks across the sky and over the ocean too.

Room Tip: I do not think there is a bad room here. I had a third floor, room 363. Faced north. Great view of...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CBatesVT
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amenities, our staff, and beautiful Hampton Beach. We hope you'll come visit us again soon!

Best,
Norm Demers, GM

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed at the hotel using a groupon during the off season so it was a deal at $79. The hotel is in a great location, with a view of the ocean. It's an older hotel so it is charming, not your standard "chain" rooms. Our room was a little on the small side but well equiped. Nice comfortable king bed, couch, tv and a small balcony. We walked around the pool and it seemed really nice. Things you should know though, when people say the walls are thin, they really mean it. If you are a light sleeper, this may not be the place for you. I could hear phone conversations from the next room as if he was actually in my room. I could hear people walking in the hallway, past my room. Also, the tv reception was pretty poor, which was a little disappointing while trying to watch the Sox game during the world series. Overall, I wouldn't stay there again, but if you can sleep thru anything, you will probably enjoy the charm of this hotel

Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife and I stay at the Ashworth by the Sea every October to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday. The room was clean and the bed comfortable.We enjoyed the ocean front balcony. The restaurant and lounge were very nice and we had a very nice dinner there one of our nights there.
The sad part is that it was very noisy, too noisy to sleep most of the night and too costly. We spent close to $500 for a two nights stay, the weekend after Columbus day weekend.As much as we like the Ashworth, I think we will probably be staying at one of the hotels next door to save a little money for dining and entertainment.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We were happy to find a room by the ocean. Indeed, the view from the balcony was good. The hotel is 100 years old, so we knew that the layout and rooms wouldn't be modern. However, we weren't prepared for paper-thin walls. The couple next door were loud and constant talkers, which made our "relaxed time by the sea" challenging. I woke to the alarm on their cell phone alarm clock! Now, those are thin walls.

The room was clean and roomy, and the bathroom had been updated. Maid service was adequate. There are few restaurants open along the beach in off season, so we ate at the cafe in the hotel. My breakfast was good, but my husband rated his breakfast as B-. Since it is off season, we were able to park our car in the surface lot out back and in the lot under the hotel. Otherwise, it is valet-only parking.

We will probably not return to this stretch of beach or this hotel.

Room Tip: We were in room 359 which had paper thin walls. We felt like we were in the same room with the peop...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Mia875,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We value guest feedback as it allows us to constantly improve upon the guest experience. We apologize that the room was a little noisy on your visit. The valet parking is only during the season (June through September); guests may park themselves in our lot during any other time of the year. We hope that you'll come back and give us another try!

Happy travels,

Norm Demers, GM

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary by staying in Ashworth by the Sea at Hampton Beach, New Hampshire. The room with a private balcony was clean and comfortable; the ocean view from the room was exactly what we hoped for; and the selection and quality of the food was very good.

Room Tip: It is worth the extra money to book a room with the ocean view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teri H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern
Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel
Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel
#1 of 2 in Newburyport
Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook

Been to Ashworth by the Sea? Share your experiences!