I am not sure of all the 'rave' reviews, but I do understand the 'not so rave ones'....then again maybe some people are willing to just 'settle' for a place to stay by the ocean. There were only 2 things I can say that I enjoyed. The fish I ordered at Breakers Restaurant, and the staff...other than that...It was more like staying at an old, average,hotel. My husband ordered the chicken "breast" at Breakers and got something that looked like a very small cornish game hen piece with the leg still attached...not impressed for $20. It was a mere 3 bites and its gone. The pillows have much to be desired on the beds. They are comparable to sleeping on hard pancakes, and the beds are horrible. Also, as many others have said..walls are thin..heard people on both sides of us flushing, closing the 'closet' doors, talking...(at 3 AM)...and as an added bonus, there is about a 3" gap under the door to your room, so you can hear everyone talking, laughing, etc as they go by your room..(as if they were in your room with you)....Be careful if you go in the winter...yes, parking is free, but good luck finding a place to park as there is so much snow that was not removed, that it limits the parking spaces...Oh sure, you can park in front to the side, but be aware that area is not plowed...Other than that....the ocean is wonderful!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open year round, Ashworth by the Sea offers friendly New England hospitality in an elegant, boutique setting overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. We've maintained the historical aspects of the hotel, which has been a Hampton Beach Landmark for the past 100 years, and our recent renovation has updated the hotel with all the modern conveniences and amenities today's traveler expects. Ashworth by the Sea offers captivating views overlooking award-winning beaches, as well as creative dining, superior service, well-appointed rooms, and a superb location on Hampton Beach, New Hampshire. We look forward to welcoming you to our beach hotel. With New Hampshire's only sandy beach just outside your front door, the hotel has been designed to provide a tranquil seaside retreat. Stay with us, and you'll enjoy elegantly furnished guestrooms, three restaurants offering some of the finest dining on Hampton Beach, and effortless access to the area's prime attractions, including Odiorne Point, Rye Harbor and the Kittery Outlets. A wide variety of family amusements including a water park, zoo, museums, the Casino Ballroom concert arena, and tax-free shopping, are all within minutes of our doors. Relax and enjoy the ocean views from your private balcony, or take a dip in our refreshing heated pool before strolling off to discover one of the many fine shops or historical sites nearby. With over 6,000 square feet of event space and five dynamic function rooms, Ashworth by the Sea is a top destination for weddings, social gathering and corporate meetings on Hampton Beach and the Seacoast. Ashworth by the Sea is the perfect destination for romantic getaways, family vacations, girlfriends' shopping weekends, or corporate retreats. While many Hampton Beach hotels close once the summer rush is over, Ashworth by the Sea welcomes guests throughout the year, making us ideal for travelers who prefer to enjoy the quieter, off-season side of the New England coast in the cooler months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ashworth by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashworth By The Sea Hotel Hampton
- Ashworth By The Sea Hampton
- Ashworth Sea
- Ashworth Hotel Hampton Nh