“Wouldn't stay anywhere else!”

Ashworth by the Sea
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We have been going to the Ashworth for a number of years, and it just keeps getting better....Rooms are immaculate, staff is wonderful, food is great....love that when we bring our grandchildren, the beach is just a few steps away.....looking forward to seeing the renovations this summer.....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for your loyal patronage of our hotel and for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We're happy to hear that you enjoy our accommodations, amenities, staff, and our beachfront location. We appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you again this summer!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had a hard time finding the place due to outside renovations but were really pleased to see that it was right across from the beach. Very clean rooms, front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The restaurant was very nice and the meal prices were reasonable. I would stay there anytime!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star review on TripAdvisor. We're happy to hear that our accommodations, location, staff, and restaurant provided you with an excellent stay. We hope it was the first of many!

Best,

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

When we first arrived it was hard to find no signs clearly stating that it was the ashworth by the sea... So we finally pulled over and asked someone... Rooms were very awesome! Staff was great!! Right across from beach loved it!!! Only downer was at 7 am i consitantly heard banging due to almost all the rooms around us being redone... Also the outside of the build was being redone so that a little you had to walk under metal things... All and all we had a great time!

• Stayed: April 2014
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star review on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the inconveniences posed by our renovations but appreciate your understanding and am happy to hear that you had a great time during your visit. Thank you for your business and we hope to host you again!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We showed up to find half the hotel covered in scaffolding and tarp and cold rain predicted during our trip…we were already saying "let's just make the best of our trip." Upgrading the balconies for Easter holiday great for future guests…not so much for me. We originally booked a queen ocean side view which I can't review since Lisa gave us a sweet upgrade to the cottage! Never in my years of traveling have I ever received an upgrade it felt so nice, our trip just got better! Tastefully decorated beach cottage which looked just like the website pics, two bedrooms and a full kitchen instead of paying $10 per night for a mini fridge. It gave us plenty of privacy and space since we spent most of our time inside cause temps were in the 30s and it snowed/freezing rain this week before Easter. (See my negative TA review of Mother Nature). We had to walk along the street to get to the lobby and to the pool which I don't think should be considered heated by any means; it was tolerable but our lips were blue after 15 minutes! It was such a letdown for the kids who were so excited to pack their bathing suits. Check out could have gone smoother, we were overbilled and the new staffers at the front desk didn't know what to do or when the manager would be out of her meetings. It was during the busier time when guests are checking out before 11am and I noticed the guest before me with similar issues leaving a bit frustrated. We had to nudge the issue a little harder after waiting in limbo for an hour or so, but staff was quite apologetic. Hey, any day on vacation is better than even a good day at work right?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank imsupafly
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed here for a quick getaway to the ocean. While the building and, especially the pool, are pretty tired looking the staff more than made up for it. Everyone was helpful, friendly, and our one meal in the restaurant was made even better by our excellent server, Justine. We love the location and views right across from the beach. Our room was nice but needed to be aired out upon arrival. Perhaps just musty from the quiet season? Anyway, we did love the view, the restaurant, and the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and view. Ask for a room without a view if you will be bothered by...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AC W
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for TripAdvisor. I sincerely apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your visit; however, I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the view, restaurant, and staff. I hope that you'll return and give us another chance to provide you with a 5-star stay.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I called to move the date to Valentines Day in January. I was told we were booked. I received and email confirmation with another date. I called again a few days later. At that time of they are not open daily, so I was not getting anyone when I called during the week. I finally got someone and told them that the email confirmation was wrong. The person said they would re-book it. I didn't get another confirmation and had to call the hotel again. The next person who picked up said the hotel is fully booked and that I should have checked the website. I told the person to cancel our reservation, I would not be going there.

I then receive an email remind us of our a reservation. So now I have to call the hotel again. I did get a more professional person who apologies for and stated that there is a software issues, so that when anyone makes a change to the reservation, it doesn't make the update. Apparently that is true for their survey email too.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dissappointing2014

I sincerely apologize for the confusion and inconvenience caused by these clerical errors. I understand your frustration and encourage you to contact me directly at the hotel so that I can take care of you personally.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed for the penquin plundge from thurs to Sunday, I enjoyed the stay very much, the food was priced right and the quality of it was excellent , I had injured my knee prev. To staying here and the room attentent saw that i needed ice she went n got a ice bucket wit h ice and plastic bags to ice it. She went out of her way, this was nice,the rooms were clean ,bed was comfortable , the only fall back yes the decks are small ,I look forward to comming back before summer time

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern
Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel
Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel
#1 of 2 in Newburyport
Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook

Been to Ashworth by the Sea? Share your experiences!