“Davie's interpersonal skill”

Ashworth by the Sea
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Thanks to Davie for helping to make my sister's and my recent stay at the Ashworth, a comfortable success. His immediate solving of the problem of a faulty fridge was exceptional. He is a 5 star employee, with a warm friendly manner, assuring us he would supply additional help, if needed. Without being asked to do so, he tweeked the TV, to provide a perfect picture. Thanks Davie.
Arlene Martindale (NY)
Karen Thornton (Ma.)

Room Tip: All are great rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Karen,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for TripAdvisor. We're happy to hear that Davie's exceptional customer service provided you and your sister with an enjoyable visit to our hotel. We'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Davie and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We went to a show at the casino and decided to stay at the Ashworth - very glad we did! It had been a while since going to Hampton Beach - and this hotel is one of the best options in the area! Very clean rooms, balcony was a plus! Next time we will splurge for a full ocean view. We ate at the Breakers in the hotel for dinner and it was awesome! Calamari was amazing - baked stuffed haddock and the sirloin steak were awesome! Our waiter Lukas was really sweet.

Location was absolutely superb. Just next to all the madness on the boardwalk - so you don't need to be surrounded by loud shirtless dudes on steroids all the time. You just get a great view of them walking down the street from your balcony!

If you're an adult who likes to have fun but would prefer to spend a little more money to stay at a quality, clean hotel with great service - this is where it's at!

2  Thank Emmsicle
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for TripAdvisor. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our beachfront location, comfortable accommodations, and on-site restaurant. We value your 5-star rating and your recommendation of our property as the best option in Hampton Beach. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting your next visit!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I cashed in some United miles plus over $200 for two nights. I specifically reserved the biggest rom- king suite and even called two nights before to secure a specific room. I was assured we had what I asked for... but guess what???
We show up and Im told somehow that room is not available but would we take another room instead? I didn't have a choice and felt cheated. I spent extra time making sure specific things were in place and even thought assured, they weren't.
In two days, housekeeping knocked on the door at 4pm the first day. We said we would leave in 30 minutes for dinner. The housekeeper said she was leaving and no one ever came back the entire stay.
That Saturday night, there was a prom downstairs. At 11pm, the prom ended and there was a group of young people yelling and running down the halls of the first floor until 1 am. So.. why did you rent to a group of young people without supervision?
I know the beach is not always quiet time, but really.. it shouldn't have happened.
And after I spent a lot of money for two days I am extremely disappointed that you didn't deliver. I wont be back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NashuaNH
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

my husband and I stayed memorial day and had a great time touring up and down the beach. great dinner and fun sitting on the balcony and watching the fireworks. WiFi worked well. the room was very clean and the bed was firm but comfortable. free valet parking. stores located very close by. had a good time

1  Thank Ti83
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star review on TripAdvisor. We're happy to hear that you and your husband had a great Memorial Day visit and that you took advantage of our Hampton beach location to enjoy the beachfront, restaurants, and activities that the area has to offer. We appreciate your 5-star recommendation to the travel community and look forward to hosting your next visit.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was our 4th year staying at the Ashworth on our anniversary weekend. With finances tightening we had discussed if this was an expense we could continue to afford. But after another amazing weekend we agreed it is well worth it. This hotel is not just a room close to the beach... Guest services always make us feel like family. They remember it is our anniversary and go out of their way to ensure we are enjoying ourselves. This year they even surprised us with a complimentary tray of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries (to die for!!). They did not tell us it was them until we exhausted our friend list and begged they come clean. To me, this was a great example of going out of the way for their customers; to make them happy but not to be in the spot light. And this was only one of the many outstanding displays of hospitality we experienced. We get this type of service each year! Not to mention the location of the hotel! We watch the fireworks from our balcony on Sunday night and then the Memorial Service Monday morning. No need to fight the crowds. The view is spectacular! And when we do want to mingle with the beach crowd, we are steps away! This is definitely a getaway we will continue- as long as we stay at the Ashworth.

Room Tip: The rooms with teh balconies on the ocean side are perfect for viewing fireworks and the Memorial Da...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anzfam5
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for choosing us to host your annual anniversary getaway and for taking the time to review your recent experience for TripAdvisor. We're happy to know that we've been able to provide you with memorable visits and that all of your needs have been accommodated. We value your 5-star recommendation and look forward to hosting you again next year!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The service at this hotel was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. The staff was very friendly. The room was clean and we had a lovely view of the ocean. Wharf side cafe served an excellent breakfast and the prices were very reasonable and the service was good. The Breakers restaurant was good. The fish and chips were delicious. We would definetly go back there. We have no problem recommending this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine P
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Lorraine,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for the travel community. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, oceanfront location, and on-site restaurant. We value your recommendation to friends and family and the 5-star rating on TripAdvisor and look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

When I left the Ashwoth I realized I had forgotten a pair of my shoes. I immediately called the front desk and asked if someone could grab them and I would come right back. I came back about an hour later and asked the front desk for my shoes. The woman looked in the lost and found and said they were not there. I told her I knew I left them in there and if I could go up to the room to look. She told me the room was already cleaned and the next guests were already in there, and they would call me if they found my shoes. I was not going to accept that. So I ended up going up to the room I stayed in and the door happen to be open and it was being cleaned. I walked in and asked the house keeper if they found my shoes and they very politely said yes and gave them to me. I was absolutley discusted with the front desks performance. Absolutley no effort was given to help me find my shoes, and on top of it she lied about it. Never will give them my business again. There is clearly no respect for their guests.

6  Thank AshleyB1031
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

I sincerely apologize for the service failure that you experienced during your stay with us. This was due to miscommunication between the front desk and housekeeping. We will follow up with both teams to ensure that this doesn't happen again. We apologize for your trouble and hope you'll give us another opportunity to provide you with an excellent stay.

Tom Cannizaro, GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern
#1 of 2 in Newburyport
Blue - Inn on the Beach
Blue - Inn on the Beach
#1 of 1 in Plum Island

Been to Ashworth by the Sea? Share your experiences!