“Right by the Sea” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ashworth by the Sea
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
“Right by the Sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Great location very pricey though I loved how up to date Ashworth by the Sea in modern times but for one night I paid $300+ because I had to pay for valet. I would love to stay there again but for one night stay it's not worth the money. Oh and they have a place attached to it where you can eat drink etc. Even being a guest there you still have to pay for your food. So we had breakfast and wanted to bring it to our room and they wouldn't let us stating that if they let one do it then they would have to let everyone do it. So the rest of our party just decided to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Janice,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star rating on TripAdvisor. We're pleased to hear that you loved our location and our up-to-date facility. We apologize that policy at our on-site restaurant prevented the rest of your party from joining us but we appreciate your understanding. We value your business and hope you'll visit us again.

Tom Cannizaro, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We ate at the breakers restaurant. First our waiter Danny was amazing. One filet was over cooked but the Manager on his own came over and offered us a free desert without us even saying anything.

The scallops wrapped in bacon was huge.The lobster bisque was the creaminest I have ever had..
The prices were comparable to other restaurants. $20 for filet, $27 for filet oscar...
Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Beth03054
Thank you for your recent visit to Breakers Restaurant and for taking the time to review your experience for TripAdvisor. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our customer service and delicious seafood. We appreciate your 5-star recommendation and we'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Danny. We look forward to providing you with another great meal next time you're in Hamtpon Beach!

Best,
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Let's start with what went wrong. The room that I had asked for was not the room I got. When I mentioned to the hotel staff they immediately switched our room within 10 minutes. The hotel staff was very friendly and I specially love the valet parking. It made it very convenient for the customers. The room was neat and clean. The view from the balcony was amazing. There was a live band as well. The food at the restaurant downstairs was very good as well. Overall my rating is a four because of the mix-up of the room however they made up for it so I would like to give it a 5. Thank you to the staff for making our stay very pleasant.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star rating on TripAdvisor. We apologize for the confusion regarding your room request and appreciate your patience as we sorted it out. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, convenient valet parking, clean accommodations, and amazing ocean view. We value your business and hope you'll make us your home away from home on Hampton Beach.

Best,
Wareham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed at the Ash worth for two nights. Great location, nice king room with a small balcony. Not a large room but plenty of space for two of us. Clean and well kept. Breakfast was very good at the Wharfside but food at the Breakers not very good. Walk down the street and you will find a lot of restaurants with much better food and service. Only negative, very poor service upon arrival. No help with luggage. We had to wait for our room so we had the valet park the car. When the room was ready the valet retrieved the car and just handed me the keys so we could get our luggage out of the car ourselves. No help was offered and the valet just disappeared into the hotel. Desk service wasn't great either. Should probably work on customer service training. Also, be prepared if you are a light sleeper, walls between rooms are very thin. Overall, nice hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a balcony, front or side, great view of the beach.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Keene, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have been wanting to stay at this hotel for years, it looks so grand. Not all that's it's cracked up to be. The pool area needed to be updated and cleaned, everything including the doors were rusting out. Room was very plain but the view was amazing. Overpriced I think.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Dandygirl41
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I had a great long weekend at your beautiful hotel. It was nearly perfect, except when we tried to get our car at checkout. We thought there might be a rush at checkout time, so we purposely checked out a little early. I gave my claim ticket to the valet, and waited almost 45 minutes to have my car brought to me! I was standing out there in the sun, with all of our luggage, watching people who came after me get their cars and drive away. Not one of the 3 valets approached me as I stood there! When I finally asked the young man about my car, the valet couldn't find my claim ticket. Apparently he had lost it and forgot all about getting my car. It would have been faster just to get my own car! He didn't even apologize for having me wait there so long. PLEASE review your current valet procedures. No one should have to wait that long to have there car returned. :(

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon M
Conway, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

It was going to be a beautiful weekend, so we decided last minute to head to Hampton Beach. We've stayed at the Ashworth before, so I went online and got lucky. They had an oceanfront room available! Love the ocean and was looking forward to sitting on the balcony watching the waves.
So we get there, they have valet parking only...$15. You don't really have access to your vehicle. We check in and I'm told that the whole beach area had a black gnat issue this winter and they've done all they can, but they ask that you DONT open your balcony door. WHAT?! Now THIS was why I paid $300 for this room. No phone call or email BEFORE I got there informing me of this. No credit on the rate. Nothing but a piece of paper with the black gnat info on it. We weren't in our room ten minutes and the same paper they gave us at check in was slipped under our door.
We walked the boardwalk, ate at an outdoor cafe and sat outside listening to a concert on the beach. No issues with black gnats anywhere BUT The Ashworth. They were all over the outside of the sliders. I think it was an issue with the Ashworth not the whole beach area.
Ok so the beds were comfortable, room reasonable size, Vending machines outside the door. But the bug thing really wrecked it for me.
I got an email after my stay from them stating if I had any negatives about my stay to email them direct. Which I did. Nothing! No response...nothing. Don't think I'll be staying there again. The only thing they had going for them was the oceanfront view. Otherwise it's just another hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to offer valuable feedback. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the current black gnat issue affecting Hampton Beach. The gnats were unanticipated; they hit the beach suddenly and we had to react quickly and did our best to inform our guests. This issue was a beach-wide problem and we unfortunately had no control over the situation. I hope you'll accept our apology and give us another opportunity to provide you with an excellent stay.

Tom Cannizaro, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern
Atlantic Breeze Suites
#5 of 41 in Hampton
Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook

Been to Ashworth by the Sea? Share your experiences!