“The Ashworth was great off-season so on-season must be perfect!”

Ashworth by the Sea
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Clinton, Massachusetts
“The Ashworth was great off-season so on-season must be perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

It was a clean, comfortable, quiet, and a very pleasant long overdue stay for me. I wish that I could have stayed longer. I enjoyed the solitude of off-season too. I wish I had remembered my suit for the pool! Breakfast was tasty and everyone at the front desk pleasant when I needed directions to a few places. I attended a Halloween Party at the Upper Deck with my biker friends the night and day worked very well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thankyou!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank heidiy2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Polish first
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

I stayed here while attending a concert at the nearby Casino Ballroom. As it was off season, I was happy to find a great bar/grill downstairs next to the hotel lobby. Very good food with good pricing too. My husband and I ordered the Fried Spring Roll appetizer, French Onion soup, a house salad and a hearty Fish sandwich. We were very happy with our room, although small, had a nice deck where we were able to watch the sunset. If you are going to Hampton Beach, stay right on the beach! We were very happy here.

South Euclid, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2010

After an average night in Binghampton, NY and a terrible night in Brockton, MA we were ready to just go home. So it was an absolute pleasure to get to the Ashworth. I stayed here in 1997 for 1/2 night. All I remembered Is that view was awesome. 13 years later I came back for a few days stay to do "Leafs and Lobster". We weren't disappointed at all. Your staff, every single one we met, were friendly and their service was superior. We stayed for 3 days and traveled from Boston to Portland with no difficulties. Breakfast in the coffee shop was great and I'm not even going to attempt to describe the Sunday Brunch Buffet, except to say It was INCREDIBLE! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

East Hampton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

My husband and I recently stayed here this past weekend for our honeymoon. I had always gone to Hampton Beach as a teenager and wanted to share the experience with my husband. This is my second time in 5 years staying at this hotel and the last time was very good, but this time was just amazing. EVERY staff member made us feel like they had known us for years. EVERY staff member had a smile and we both thought all the amenities in the hotel were amazing. It was in itself an "inclusive resort" the only time you would want to leave the hotel is to go to the beach - which is right there in front of you! My husband and I are already planning our trip back! Kudo's to Colleen, Matt, the Valet Team and especially the GM of the Hotel Dave. I can't imagine anyone having a poor experience here.

West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

My friend and I have been traveling to Hampton twice a year for the past 20+ years. We had previously stayed at Lamies Inn, mainly because of a wonderful employee Colleen. She always made our stay perfect for us and was always so welcoming that we felt as if we were visiting family. Last spring we were sad to learn that Colleen was no longer working at Lamies. It was very apparent in the way that we were treated. So, when we planned our trip this fall, we were thrilled to find out that Colleen was now working at the Ashworth by the Sea. We were met with the usual friendliness and professionalism that we had expected at Lamies but did not get on our last visit. Colleen made sure that we had a perfect room! The Ashworth is a beautiful hotel with the best ocean views. The rooms are updated and very spacious and comfortable. The beds were heavenly! The best hotel sleep I had ever gotten! The patio overlooking the ocean was a great amenity and we spent quite a bit of time there. We even slept with the door partially open to listen to the water. There is a wonderful restaurant and coffee shop in the hotel. We had a delicous meal in the restaurant and the service there was excellant. I am so glad that we have now found the perfect place to stay in Hampton.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank baileysmom81
Colwen_Management, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this review, 1 November 2010
Thank you for the kind words about your trip to Ashworth By The Sea. We were happy to add Colleen to our staff as we do take pride in searching for the most hospitable people available. We will be sure to pass your comments on to her as well as the rest of the associates here at our establishment. We have taken great strides in improving the overall experience of our guests. Renovations to both our guest rooms and restaurant areas have recently been completed as well as our menu being updated. We are continually emphasizing hospitality with our staff and it appears to be working based on your review.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know where we have succeeded.

Sincerely
David Giampietro, General Manager
Wolcott, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

$200 a night for small room, small balcony and horrible breakfast restaurant. Bar lacked personality and warmth. Rooms have very thin walls, can hear alarm clock in next room and dog whining in next room. Beach under construction, most stores closed on strip and fall festival was lackluster. Best part of hotel was the valet guy "ROB". Enjoyed the "Old Salt" restaurant on Rte. 1. Wouldn't stay here again and even merchant's in town comment freely about this hotel being over priced.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank littlefriend201
Colwen_Management, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this review, 21 October 2010
Please accept our sincere apologies from the entire staff at Ashworth By The Sea. It is unfortunate that the rates and decor were not up to your standards. We have recently put $1,000,000 of improvements into the design of our lounge and restaurant to bring it up to a new standard to include the warmth of our furnishings. We appreciate your input as it helps us with decisions on future renovations. We are looking into all of your observations as it is with input from our guests that we are able to continue to improve the overall guest experience.

During the month of October we received an enormous amount of demand for the Columbus Day weekend which impacted the cost of our rooms.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with information that can be utilized in our continual improvement process.

David Giampietro, General Manager
Marlborough, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

The room was large and very comfortable. View of the ocean.
Great bar, able to watch the baseball game. Good food and excellent service. There was a D.J. and obviously this was the place to be on this Friday night!. The breakfast buffet had a great selection, and my panckes were freshly prpared.!. Everything was hot and there was a great selection of fruit and juices.. I am not a devotee of buffets, but this one I would recommend.
The coffee shop attached to the hotel is also a great place for breakfast.
We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern
Hampton Village Resort
#17 of 41 in Hampton
Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Hampton

Been to Ashworth by the Sea? Share your experiences!