“This place was horrible!”

Tidewater Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hampton
Tidewater Campground
“This place was horrible!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I do not recommend staying here. The minute I walked into the office I was treated unfairly and was talked down to. The supposedly owner was very rude, disrespectful and such an awful person. She only said things I could not do and wasn't even pleasant about it. Not even a hi how are you, what can I help you with. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! No matter how cheap it might seem, they are all disrespectful and so rude and do not give them the pleasure of spending your money on their awful campgroound!

• Stayed July 2014
13 Thank Ashley M

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My family and I have been coming here since 2003 and loved it. The location is great, it's only a few minutes away from the beach. However the speed limit is slow, I feel totally safe letting my kids out alone riding bikes. The campsites are very clean. We will return here happily for many years to come!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Thejolys
Northfield, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 June 2014

PLEASE read all the reviews. This is absolutely the worst campground in the state. Even a drill Sargent won't want to stay here. If I am paying to stay I should be relaxed and comfortable. Not, yelled at for going 5 miles an hour. The bugs are horrible and the staff spends to much time yelling at the guests. Very strict and not fun. Don't stay here ever!

• Stayed June 2014
12 Thank campin14
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I have been camping at Tidewater since our children were very small and we have been seasonal there for the past 2 years. We absolutely LOVE it! I can not wait until May 15th! It is our home away from home. Our children this year will be 10 and 13, and we have always felt so comfortable with them going for walks or bike rides on their own. walking speed limit enforced is wonderful! we stayed for a weekend in Maine last year and I was afraid for my own life never mind the kids! people flying all over like it was the freeway! The sites at Tidewater are HUGE compared to other campgrounds. The grounds are immaculate! Wally and Theresa do such a wonderful job at maintaining a safe and clean environment. also they are both so knowledgeable about the area and will help you with whatever you need. ie...places to eat, where to shop, what's going on around town, how to get the best prices for parking and a plethora of other things. There is nothing better then siting around the campfire with a cold beer and watching the sun set over the marsh! We are in our 30's and camp with our family, my in-laws stay with us almost every weekend, my brother in law and his wife have a seasonal site next to us, and his wife's parents have a site 2 down from them! we always have at least 10 people on one of our sites as we enjoy campfires and dinners together as a family, and we are able to talk and laugh and have a great time! Just be quiet from 10pm-8am and you will be fine. salt water pool is always clean, as are showers, bathrooms and porta johns. We hope to stay every summer for many years to come! ~The Lamberts

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank cynderella76
Reviewed 9 September 2013

A weekend away at the beach with my sister turned into hell at the campground!! When we arrived I was driving 5 mph, the woman in the office yelled at me for speeding!!! As she proceeded to check us in she was giving us nasty looks (I'm assuming because we are younger and thought we were going to be loud) and was rude to us as though we were a huge inconvenience to her, she has no sense of humor. We got our directions and went to the tent site, our site was small and there really is no privacy from your neighboring campers. We set up and walked back to the main entrance to wait for a taxi to bring us to the seafood fest. Upon returning at 2am we were back at our site getting ready for bed we were whispering and were not loud by any means of the word!!! A male "security" guard approached us and was shining a light in my face asking if we were staying here, I didn't know him, he never said he was security and was very rude and overbearing... As a young female you should take caution when being approached like that, he began raising his voice to me and shinning his flashlight in our tent where my sister was changing!!!! I told him to stop and he continued!!!!! He told me we were being to loud and that he was going to kick us out. He lingered around our site for about 30 minutes watching our every move with flashlight in hand. We broke no rules and were treated like prisoners, we were very uncomfortable spending the night and called a bunch of hotels but because of the busy weekend there were no rooms available. When I gave the ol' bitty her gate card back the next morning she chewed me a new one telling me we broke all her rules and she was going to charge us more money!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?! I proceeded to tell her about the "security" guy that works nights and how we honestly felt VERY uncomfortable and she started yelling at me and then some other guy in the office that works there was in my face telling me he would of had us arrested that night because we were being loud. I told them both to take the gate card and shove it up their...... And that I would never stay at their campground again and that I would make sure to tell everyone I know not to either!!!

Only upside is that it is clean! It is close to the beach but it is still noisy from traffic. Sites were reasonable for price but would have rather spent 300$ to stay in at a bates motel instead!

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
24 Thank Tara N
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I called the campground to make reservations for a weekend and the women seemed okay... until the next time i called and was a little rude but not horrible. Needless to say when we got there she was unbelievably rude acting like i was wasting her time and that she didnt want us there. She also had toys in the office and my two year old son went over to look at them and ahe proceeded to chew him a new one because those were her grandchilds and not for him to touch. We will never be returning and i would never recommend this campground to anyone. I dont know how they even still have customers

• Stayed July 2013
21 Thank Amberconnolly
Laval, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I went there with a friend for a week end. We stopped there on our way to Hampton beach because it was on the way and we wanted to check if it was a nice place. The lady at the front desk was REALLY nice and we told her we would be back. When we came back 3 hours later, to book for 2 nights, she was REALLY REALLY RUDE! Like she didn't wanted us to be there. We still stayed there. When we arrived at our camping spot, we could ear the highway really loud. The speed limit is a little bit to excessive less then walking speed... I couldn't even drive because I drive manual and my car was stalling. Really expensive to ear cars all night like if you are in a rest area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
14 Thank Dominique572
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern
Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook
Atlantic Breeze Suites
Atlantic Breeze Suites
#6 of 41 in Hampton

Been to Tidewater Campground? Share your experiences!