“Our "to-go" place at the Beach”
Review of Sands Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Sands Resort
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Just got back from a fabulous weekend. If you can afford the Ashworth, more power to you, go stay there. If you want something reasonable, in a good location, with everything you really need, I would recommend the Sands. Yes, luxury is a little exageration, but how much time do you really spend in the room? (unless it's the Ashworth. For those prices, I'd never leave.) I've never found the staff to be anything but accomodating even late at night. My only comment to mgt would be that you might want to consider replacing some of those pull-out couches; they've seen better days. Not enough, however, to keep me away.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank DeniseP57

Reviewed 21 May 2012

My family tried staying here in May 2012. It was one horrible! First, the key card did not work, so we had to go get it reset. We opened the door to the room and it smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke. The room itself was dirty, there was hair in the bed, the TV was broken and there was an inch of dirt on the sprinkler head on the ceiling. I went back down to the lobby and asked for a different room because of the smell. The manager brought me to another room, and the master key didn't work. We went to a third room and all you could smell was mold. We checked out, got a refund and stayed at the Ashworth, which was amazing. Save yourself the aggravation and stay awat from this place!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Rachel5611
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We were worried about staying here due to reviews. The room was clean which was the most important thing to us. The screen door fell off, not that important as we were only staying one night. Staff was not very friendly. A very good value for the price,

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
23  Thank frednmo
Reviewed 3 September 2011

My wife and I thought we were getting a deal that was too good to be true. It was. We were drawn to The Sands by it's great location and great price, but we quickly found out that location was really the only good thing this place has going for it. It's not right on the beach but it's less than a block away and the boardwalk is right there as well.
However, after arriving in our room we learned that in addition to the terrible smell in the room- our door didn't close properly and you could get in without the room key. When we asked someone to come look at it, the guy who came just slammed it closed and said he wouldn't have to fix it, but we changed rooms anyway. Later we tried that door again just to see if it had been fixed, and it never was.
When we checked out the bed it had someone elses hair all over it and smelled like someone had slept there the night before.
The couch in the living area was so raggedy we were afraid to sit on it.
Our second room was slightly better than that, but we were already too grossed out to even deal with the shower (no shower head).
We only stayed there one night and checked out the next morning. They were cool about letting us park there past our check out time so we wouldn't have to pay for beach parking.
Overall, please do yourself a favor and find any one of the dozens of other hotels in Hampton Beach to stay at. It'll be worth it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Tyler C
Reviewed 25 August 2011

my family and i stayed at this dump. we tryed to make the best of the dirty bed, smelly room and dirty floors and the kids sleeped on a broken bed. the toilet cloged up twice on us. when called the front desk to come and fix toilet the manager gave an attitude and when he was in the room he got loud and ignorent in front of my children over something he was right about but could have talked about it in a profesional manor instead of getting in my face.so i deffended my self and told him to get out of my face and he kicked my family and i out. three cops came to escort out an 8 year old an 11 year old a woman and myself.never again will i even step foot in the so called resort i might get bugs!!!!

Room Tip: there are no good rooms in this resort the best room is another resort
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank housee123
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I didn't have any problems at the Sands like the ones I've seen reading reviews on the internet. While nowhere near a five star resort it's fairly priced and has a great location. Near the beach but away from the noise & folks on the boardwalk. Room service gave us fresh towels etc. everyday and all the staff was super nice! Nice full size refrigerator and mini kitchen (no stove but they had a microwave). My only complaint was the blinds DO NOT keep out the sunlight in the morning! We plan on bringing some eye masks next year. If you & your loved one or a couple friends want a nice affordable room by the beach I definitely recommend checking out the Sands. We're Headed back next year!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
22  Thank L H
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Our room smelled horrible, and our bed had bed bugs. We immediately checked out...glad we didn't bring any of our stuff up.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family