“Would go back for sure!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sands Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Sands Resort
Ranked #30 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Melrose, Massachusetts
“Would go back for sure!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed at the Sands over the 4th of July and couldn't be happier. Staff was great, very nice and professional. My room was clean and very welcoming. I read previous reviews, which surprised me as all windows, doors and screens in my unit worked just fine. I would recommend staying here and I plan on going back before the end of the summer again, probably for a week this time!

5 Thank Louise C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Haverhill, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed at the Sands last year and was pleased with the room and staff. This year I can only say that the staff was great. Our suite/room was very disappointing. The cabinets were dirty, the sofa bed should have been thrown out, the screen in the bedroom was full of holes. I noticed mold in the bathroom ceiling and notified the front desk. A staff employee looked at it and said it did look like mold. He came back with Kilz - you know the stain blocker - and sprayed it. Well the Kilz dripped down the side of the wall and left a complete mess. The towel bar kept breaking so we didn't use it. The box spring had a large brown stain on the side. The carpeting had at least seven (7) large burn holes in it. The wallpaper was badly stained and coming off the wall. There were dust webs throughout the whole suite. Couldn't stay on the deck long because water from the third floor air conditioner leaked. I am so disappointed because I really liked this resort. Will not stay there again.

3 Thank Bunky48_12

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Methuen, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

read the reviews and went anyway.reviews lie!!! great little condo type units with private bedroom so we got a little privacy while the kids slept on the pullout sofa bed in the living room with their own tv. units were clean with a full size fridge and freezer so we could by food and save from going out every night. very clean with great housekeeping services. management staff was exceptional. we were well treated and cared for by everyone. easy walk to beach and all the activities. we will return.

5 Thank sally l
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Screen door wouldn t lock, sofa pull out bed disgusting, dirty and inside matress all teared apart. Dishes not clean. Phone not working. Hard to close and lock door when leaving, hard to close bathroom door. No dish soap, no shampoo. Unreal. Will never stay there again, not even if they d charge me $5.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Chevalier7
Newburyport, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

This place has bed bugs! Seriously. Do yourself a favor and stay away. And, the mold smell? Bed bug infestations could cause a smell similar to it. If you don't believe me, then check it out for yourself. Ask the front desk if you could check out the room before you stay there. I guarantee that you will smell the moldy smell as you walk down the hallways and into the room. Don't learn the hard way- just pick another hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank joe l
DeniseP57
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

Just got back from a fabulous weekend. If you can afford the Ashworth, more power to you, go stay there. If you want something reasonable, in a good location, with everything you really need, I would recommend the Sands. Yes, luxury is a little exageration, but how much time do you really spend in the room? (unless it's the Ashworth. For those prices, I'd never leave.) I've never found the staff to be anything but accomodating even late at night. My only comment to mgt would be that you might want to consider replacing some of those pull-out couches; they've seen better days. Not enough, however, to keep me away.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank DeniseP57
Fulton, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

My family tried staying here in May 2012. It was one horrible! First, the key card did not work, so we had to go get it reset. We opened the door to the room and it smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke. The room itself was dirty, there was hair in the bed, the TV was broken and there was an inch of dirt on the sprinkler head on the ceiling. I went back down to the lobby and asked for a different room because of the smell. The manager brought me to another room, and the master key didn't work. We went to a third room and all you could smell was mold. We checked out, got a refund and stayed at the Ashworth, which was amazing. Save yourself the aggravation and stay awat from this place!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family