“Take a chance on the Sands”
Review of Sands Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Sands Resort
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stayed one night while attending a show at the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom.. check- in was a breeze and because my friend had stayed before, they discounted the already reasonable room rate even more! The location is superb. One block from the beach with a partial ocean view from our room. A very short walk to the Casino Ballroom also. The suite itself could use some updating of bedding and linens but it was very clean and worked just fine for us. Bifg bonus was the full size fridge and kitchenette. If staying for more than a night or two would need to bring some essentials like paper towels, dish detergent and maybe some utensils. No coffee maker but there is a microwave to boil your own water. Staff was very friendly- I believe it is family owned. will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor and ocean view if possible
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank pattyzplace

Reviewed 24 July 2012

I cannot believe this place has the word "resort" in it! The hotel is very run down and the room itself was dirty, smelled like stale cigarettes and the balcony was a view of a public parking lot. This is not a place to bring children! We opened up the couch which turned into a bed and the mattress was full of stains and something black. I was horrified and so was my son. We paid $250 for this room and manager was awful to us. Completely rude and claimed he has brand new mattresses in the back. The room should have been ready ahead of time that is what we are paying for!!! Once I saw that mattress, I was in tears and by myself with my two children. Thanks to a smartphone, a crayon and the only piece of paper I could find, I started calling other hotels until a found a room. My kids and I went to see it first lest it be worse. They showed us the room and my son looked at me and said "much better mom". That was all I needed to hear. We went back to get our things and that is when we had awful exchange with manager who hollered at two of his staff to investigate the room and guess what?, they agreed with all my complaints but when I called first thing Monday morning the manager was in the background dictating to his staff person there would be no refund because they tried to do everything they could! I only asked for half ($125) back. don't bring kids here!

7  Thank Jen V
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Well, for the price I was very disappointed. I walked in and the place we very large which was a plus. But the couch the was stained all over and there bathroom was disgusting. I was so uncomfortable there I slept on top of the comforter on the bed. I didn't want to see what was underneath. Overall not a good experience and I won't ever go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beth W
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed at the Sands over the 4th of July and couldn't be happier. Staff was great, very nice and professional. My room was clean and very welcoming. I read previous reviews, which surprised me as all windows, doors and screens in my unit worked just fine. I would recommend staying here and I plan on going back before the end of the summer again, probably for a week this time!

5  Thank Louise C
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed at the Sands last year and was pleased with the room and staff. This year I can only say that the staff was great. Our suite/room was very disappointing. The cabinets were dirty, the sofa bed should have been thrown out, the screen in the bedroom was full of holes. I noticed mold in the bathroom ceiling and notified the front desk. A staff employee looked at it and said it did look like mold. He came back with Kilz - you know the stain blocker - and sprayed it. Well the Kilz dripped down the side of the wall and left a complete mess. The towel bar kept breaking so we didn't use it. The box spring had a large brown stain on the side. The carpeting had at least seven (7) large burn holes in it. The wallpaper was badly stained and coming off the wall. There were dust webs throughout the whole suite. Couldn't stay on the deck long because water from the third floor air conditioner leaked. I am so disappointed because I really liked this resort. Will not stay there again.

3  Thank Bunky48_12
Reviewed 14 July 2012

read the reviews and went anyway.reviews lie!!! great little condo type units with private bedroom so we got a little privacy while the kids slept on the pullout sofa bed in the living room with their own tv. units were clean with a full size fridge and freezer so we could by food and save from going out every night. very clean with great housekeeping services. management staff was exceptional. we were well treated and cared for by everyone. easy walk to beach and all the activities. we will return.

5  Thank sally l
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Screen door wouldn t lock, sofa pull out bed disgusting, dirty and inside matress all teared apart. Dishes not clean. Phone not working. Hard to close and lock door when leaving, hard to close bathroom door. No dish soap, no shampoo. Unreal. Will never stay there again, not even if they d charge me $5.

• Stayed: July 2012