“Do not stay at this place”
Review of Sands Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Sands Resort
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Recently i booked this hotel for a night stay. The price was fairly cheaper compare to other hotels available in the place. The place had pool with Jacuzzi. However please do not go thinking that it is just a night stay. I read a few complaints of having bed bugs, but i did not believe it. After my stay at the resort, i am telling you the truth there is bed bugs. I could not sleep the whole night. I still have marks on my body. I stayed in Room 304. In addition to that the bed was not even cleaned well. You could see hair in the pillow and bed sheets. Do not stay in this room. I am never going back to this place in my life.

Room Tip: do not stay in room 304 it has bed bugs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank oldschool12

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Dirty ripped sheets. Sticky substance on carpet (I never took off my flip flops) tub was gross shower head covered in mold. Could go on and on........... don't get sucked in its nothing like a resort. The jacuzzi was filled with sand and after seeing how the room was kept there was no way we were going in there.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank shelly850
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We booked a room for a Saturday night. We payed $ 200. We have never stayed in such a dump in our entire lives (50 years). I was shocked by how dirty the suite (ha ha) was. I was to afraid to sit on the couch and subsequently sat on a sheet. The same thing with the bed, scary. The pillowcases were stained with what looked like blood. The tables were not clean and we were afraid to take off our shoes. There was no shampoo and one tiny bar of soap. The deck was covered with green mold, as well as the five dollar deck chairs. I would honestly sleep in my car then ever step foot in that dump again. For $ 200. we left feeling completely ripped off :(

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MKD1923C
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stayed one night while attending a show at the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom.. check- in was a breeze and because my friend had stayed before, they discounted the already reasonable room rate even more! The location is superb. One block from the beach with a partial ocean view from our room. A very short walk to the Casino Ballroom also. The suite itself could use some updating of bedding and linens but it was very clean and worked just fine for us. Bifg bonus was the full size fridge and kitchenette. If staying for more than a night or two would need to bring some essentials like paper towels, dish detergent and maybe some utensils. No coffee maker but there is a microwave to boil your own water. Staff was very friendly- I believe it is family owned. will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor and ocean view if possible
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank pattyzplace
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I cannot believe this place has the word "resort" in it! The hotel is very run down and the room itself was dirty, smelled like stale cigarettes and the balcony was a view of a public parking lot. This is not a place to bring children! We opened up the couch which turned into a bed and the mattress was full of stains and something black. I was horrified and so was my son. We paid $250 for this room and manager was awful to us. Completely rude and claimed he has brand new mattresses in the back. The room should have been ready ahead of time that is what we are paying for!!! Once I saw that mattress, I was in tears and by myself with my two children. Thanks to a smartphone, a crayon and the only piece of paper I could find, I started calling other hotels until a found a room. My kids and I went to see it first lest it be worse. They showed us the room and my son looked at me and said "much better mom". That was all I needed to hear. We went back to get our things and that is when we had awful exchange with manager who hollered at two of his staff to investigate the room and guess what?, they agreed with all my complaints but when I called first thing Monday morning the manager was in the background dictating to his staff person there would be no refund because they tried to do everything they could! I only asked for half ($125) back. don't bring kids here!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Jen V
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Well, for the price I was very disappointed. I walked in and the place we very large which was a plus. But the couch the was stained all over and there bathroom was disgusting. I was so uncomfortable there I slept on top of the comforter on the bed. I didn't want to see what was underneath. Overall not a good experience and I won't ever go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beth W
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed at the Sands over the 4th of July and couldn't be happier. Staff was great, very nice and professional. My room was clean and very welcoming. I read previous reviews, which surprised me as all windows, doors and screens in my unit worked just fine. I would recommend staying here and I plan on going back before the end of the summer again, probably for a week this time!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family