“most DISGUSTING PLACE I HAVE EVER STAYED!!! NOT AGAIN”
Review of Sands Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Sands Resort
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We should have looked at all these reviews and not stayed in Hampton!! the place stunk!!,, the door to the balcony was open letting the hot air in so I closed it and went to turn on the AC unit, but first I had to clean it!! front of it was full of stuff and so was the filter! After cleaning it I left the dirt towel on the table below it so house keeping could see where all that dirt came from, poor chance of that though, when they came the next day they just left the dirty towel where it laid!! Couch was about on the floor and looked very used and abused, wall paper was coming of the wall. 3 of the so called kitchen chairs were broken, one was completely missing a piece of it's back. The lamp shade to the one light in the living room area had some kind stain on it in the inside that looked like it had been there quite awhile. The towel rack in the bathroom was coming off the wall on both ends, the tub was dirty inside and needed to be bleached, when sitting on the toilet and looking at the bathroom sink you could see how disgusting the faucet was with build up and had not been cleaned. There was stuff stained and stuck on the door to where the trash went in the kitchen. The WORST PART WAS THE 3 FREAKIN BED BUGS I FOUND IN BED WITH ME!!! gross gross gross!!!! I killed them and was not able to stay in that room. My husband was so tired he did sleep on the couch were he had slept the night before due to the bed being so hard he put his shoulder out. However I got dressed, put my things together and went to sleep in my car!! The security guard asked if everything was ok and I said no, I told him about everything and said the bed bugs was it for me, I was sleeping in my car. He said for me to be sure to tell the morning person and he would leave a note. It would have been nice to get everything off my chest in the am but when my husband woke me around 6am there was no one at the desk, it was shut with a metal gate locked on it. We got our things together and went back down, still no one. So we came home and after I slept the day, due to lack of being about to actually sleep in the car, I called the Sands. The young sounding man on the on phone didn't seem to care about any of what I said. He asked if there was anything they could do for me and I said yes, clean the place up and get rid of the bed bugs!! I can't believe that that person actually lives there,, how disgusting!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Marlisa C

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I dont understand how people give this place gd reviews ? This place is gross and i will never stay again ! Smelled of sweat couches were nasty. Floor covered in beach sand ac blew hot air ! Staff wefe rude and creepy nite staff woke us up 1 oclock in the mornin .. beating on the door acussing us of smokin weed !?!? I can go on and on!!it was like the bates mtel mixed with the twilitezone!! just read the reviews and dont make the same mistake as me!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank tl1000rtruelove
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed here in early July, and were grossly disappointed. We told by the front staff that we got the best room in the that is the case, it scares me to think what the other rooms are like!
As we opened the door to the room, we were welcomed with a strong smell of a stinky dorm room: cigarettes, dirty wet clothes, garbage. And the looks went along with the smell: the place was dirty, the couch ripped and stained, kitchen table and counters sticky, bath tub dirty, balcony railing so wobbly, that we told our kids to stay away from the balcony. The tv was very old and only showed a distorted picture. Kids found it funny and entertaining to watch people with giant watermelon shaped heads, us adults not so much.
We contemplated to ask for our money back and try to find another place, but since we were there just for two nights decided to stay. First thing we did though, was to drive to the local and bought our own sheets and air freshener. Those made the stay just a little more bearable.
As we checked out, the front staff barely looked at us, simply took the keys and wished us a safe drive. No, "How was your stay?", "Hope to see you again?", nothing. Suppose she knew what the answer would have been if she asked any of those standard courtesy questions!
The saying "you get what you pay for", doesn't even apply here. Even if the per night fee is fairly cheap, it is way too much for what this place is. Never again.

1  Thank Jane C
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was our first stay at the Sands Resort. The staff was very friendly and professional. Out visit was for three nights. Unfortunately, due to car problems, we had to cut our trip short by one night. The staff was so nice and helpful. We were even reimbursed for the night that we could not stay. This was very happy surprise to a frustrating situation.
Our room was a little outdated, but very clean. The queen bed was very comfortable. The pull-out couch was worn, but worked without any problem and was fine for my nine year old.
There is a very well maintained play ground at the hotel also.
Overall our stay was great!

3  Thank Christina P
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Although the Sands is a little outdated, I am rating the hotel 5 stars because of the staff and the location and the dependability of always having a great stay. My husband and I travel to Hampton Beach at least twice a year and stay at The Sands every time. From there, we can hop to Maine on day trips, or just sit at the Beach and enjoy the sun and sights of Hampton. We've traveled there with friends as well, and were kindly given rooms across the hall from one another. Our friends loved the place, too. Our rooms are always very clean, and are kept that way throughout our stay. Since each room has a kitchen, living room area, bath and bedroom, you don't feel cramped if you're staying for more than a few days. Now when we call for reservations, the staff always recognizes us and we always get friendly, helpful service. We will be there again on Monday and are looking forward to our stay once again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank The M
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is our first trip to Hampton Beach, while others family members went there every year for the last 15 years. I booked 3 rooms for our 3 families on July 15th for 3 evenings and I got Tom at the Front Desk and reservations. Right away, Tom has shown a great friendly but polite attitude: he offered to look for 3 rooms close to each other, and his voice showed the honesty and the cordial manner. On our arrival next day, we found all the three rooms quite nice, a bit outdated, and lack of maintenance. However, the rooms are very clean, the check-in staff was very helpful, and especially as Tom who was there on service, he immediately check for needed repairs ( front door and closet doors in our room). He truly want to make our stay comfortable. Next day, the maintenance staff was there around 9:00 AM to fix the front door. The Maid service was impeccable every day. I would not mind to come back and stay again with that group of young, polite and cordial staff.

Room Tip: Corner suite has a nice pleasant breeze going thru. The Hotel is one block away from the beach whic...