“YUK!”
Review of Sands Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Sands Resort
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Don't let the outside of the building fool you. This place is disgusting. Outdated is one thing, but filthy, there is no excuse. The bathroom tub needed a good scrubbing, the sofa needed to be burned. I have never seen such grime. This building hasn't had a good cleaning since 1982…
Don't stay here. Run away!!!!!

3  Thank deedee802

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family has been staying at this hotel for many years. Last year we stayed and things seemed not so good. (floors were dirty, sleeper sofa kind of worn out, stains and small holes on the walls etc. We made reservations again this week thinking that last year was a fluke. NOT THE CASE. This room we attempted to stay in was terrible. The floors were not vacuumed or mopped. Very sticky as if something had been spilled in front of the fridge/sink area. The walls had small holes every where that had attempted to be repaired over wall paper and stains all over the place on the walls. The bed had a large rip in the mattress and sand in the bed (obviously the bedding was not changed from the previous users). The sofa bed should be thrown in the dump. The mattress to this was full of holes so that you could see the springs and the sofa itself was just worn out. The AC worked kind of weird, but when it was turned on, it created a smell in the unit, which seemed to come from the bathroom. Pillows that we had should be thrown away they were also worn out beyond use. Dishware is lacking in the unit. Went to the desk around 1045 pm to complain and everything was locked up with a phone # posted to call if we had problems. We actually ended up leaving at 11 pm and found accommodations elsewhere for the night as we were not able to relax and feel comfortable in this room. I returned the next morning with my complaints. I was finally called later in the day and advised that I would be given a refund for the room. Thanks for that, I will check my card shortly and hope for the best. I will no longer stay at this hotel due to this event. Management should really start paying attention to the conditions of their rooms and start updating worn out items. Also, better train housekeeping.

Roger Laroche

5  Thank Roger L
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Looks nice from the outside, but the room had a terrible stale cigarette smell. Which is funny because we were in a non smoking room. The bathroom had hair all over it, tub was brown, carpet still had cereal on it from guest before, lightbulb were out, we pulled the sofa bed out only to find candy wrappers and candy, air conditioner had inches of dust on it, as well as the ceiling fan. Not impressed!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Chrystalblueangel18
Reviewed 14 July 2014

First of all, there are some things not supplied in the 'full' kitchen (there is no stove, but full fridge and microwave). Seems odd but if you ask, they will supply a coffee maker, toaster, etc. We also had to ask for 2 mugs. You should take your own dish soap, dish towels, etc.(although they did find some for us.) This should all be explained on their website to avoid complaints. I think housekeeping just takes out the garbage and changes the towels...I don't think they are asked to make the bed as part of their
duties (nor do they do your dirty dishes!). Again, if people knew this ahead of time, they wouldn't be giving bad reviews. This was our first time and we found it very nice once we got what we needed from front desk.
Close to beach, shops and Seashell stage (free concerts every night!).
4th floor has a nice view. Nice little balcony.... all in all,
we would go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for the best view...normally the upper floor (4th).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bobby B, General Manager at Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

I appreciate the time you took to write this review. I will personally train my staff to make our guests understand what is in the room before they arrive. The rooms are three room one bedroom units with a queen size bed and a queen size pullout sofa bed. We do offer several appliances at the desk upon request such as coffee makers ,toasters, toaster ovens, silverware, pots and pans and even wine openers\corkscrews. We always thrive to please every single guest that we meet because we love repeat guests as they become our family through the years. We have recently painted the building as well as added a brand new roof and continue to improve on our appearance every single day. I hope next time your in Hampton you come and see us again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this place for two nights. The staff was friendly but the place was dirty. The rooms were not clean. I had to sweep the bathroom. The next day when we got back to the room the bed was made but nothing else was clean. The toilet appeared that it had not been clean for weeks. The bathroom was not clean and there was still sand on the bathroom floor from before we got there that was not cleaned up. The location is good and it close to the beach. The parking is good as well.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sullybl
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at the Sands Hotel over the 4th of July this year & a couple times last year. The hotel has always been clean & the kitchen & bathrooms stocked with plenty of kitchen dishes, towels, washcloths & soap . The employees were very pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nancy W
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have been coming here for years and each year just gets better! The staff is great and always remembers the regulars and if your new they'll do anything they can so your stay is great and to get you to come back. Always get to park when we arrive and our rooms quite not ready and if its slow during the week you might even be able to park after check out IF not busy/full, for the day!!! That's why we always try to travel during the week, rates are great and for the most part we can leave the car after check out. The rooms seem to be improving each year, weather it's a new paint job, new furniture, etc. The outside of the building has recently been painted and looks great! The manager of the property Bobby is always on the ball making sure everything runs smoothly no matter what time of day, this is defiantly not a place to party! Very family type of resort! Front desk and housekeeping staff are all very nice, they come in to give fresh clean towels daily and take your trash and anything else upon request. Overall great place to stay, we wouldn't stay anywhere else!!!

Room Tip: I always forget about the playground they have on site for the little ones and huge hot tub as well...