“Stay away unless you're a maintenance person!!!”
Review of Sands Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Sands Resort
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Definitely not the resort advertised. Turned the fan on in the kitchenette and was almost decapitated. One blade hanging by one screw. Wallpaper seams in all rooms held together with scotch tape. Mold in bathroom. Slats missing in blinds in both rooms. Balcony chairs covered in green algae. Might as well sleep on a sheet of plywood in the bedroom and the pull out sleeper was a joke.
The only positives were great water pressure in the shower and a very cold refrigerator.
Definitely stay somewhere else if you want to enjoy your stay!!!

3  Thank manymacs

Reviewed 22 August 2010

Me and my family visited the Sands Resort over my kids summer vacation and we had a wonderful time.The location of the hotel was perfect not to close to the boardwalk but yet just minutes away.The rooms were very spacious and and clean,they could use some updates but overall were what we are use to.The price was very fair and reasonable for what you got.The staff at the hotel was very nice and willing to go the extra mile when we needed them to.We have stayed here in the past and have noticed a significant improvement in the hotel staff.I would encourage people when traveling to Hampton Beach to check it out.

1  Thank richie71
Reviewed 17 August 2010

This place was horrible. First they charge people based on when they come and how they feel... We started our stay at 99$ a night and the next couple after us 129$... Not only that but after to add one night, one person said 159 the other 129... Felt like I was being sold a t-shirt on the boardwalk...
The worst is that the competition is sooooo much better. Right in front is the sands inn which offers a pool and has published prices which they respect... The rooms seem bigger and they can actually accommodate a family. Thats where we will stay next year!
Also, the rooms are really bad. Carpet is old so are sofas and beds... A/C dates from 1986! Blinds are missing and don't cover any daylight. Only good part is they have free wifi. Sofa bed feels like you have knives stubbing you in the back. Refrigerator is as old as the hotel and cutlery should not be offered as it's not cleaned by hotel staff...
The worst part is the management. I first have to compliment the night management which was very nice; but the day management is very rude and made us regret our stay. When I was asking for a reason why they would not honor our rate to extend one night they answered by telling us "if you are not happy we can make you leave" offended I asked if they were kicking us out and they said"I was disrupting the office".
You can see what kind of people manage this hotel... Just 2 words... STAY AWAY!

4  Thank shim9
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I went in to the sands resort with my husband and another couple. We read the policy which stated that there could only be a maximum of 4 people in the room to spend the night...ok so far. We went out for the first night and came back very late... the guys were singing but in a foreign language... they told us to be quiet..ok. Next day we go to the beach and my friends parents come to the resort with us to wait until we get ready to go out again but a VERY RUDE guy knocks in our door saying that they have to leave. Ok they leave but they ended up calling the police on us. And made us leave the hotel... It was the worst humiliation of my life...We did get the money back for the night we didn't stay there and besides they charged us with $100.00 more....absolutely ridiculous. The cops were rude and didn't listen to our side... I was very disappointed. NEVER GOING BACK IN MY LIFE

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KMereciano
Reviewed 17 June 2010

Had stayed here before, years ago, and when I pulled it up online it didn't look like it had changed a whole lot. BOY was I wrong. They definitely had not updated there pictures online. The room is a decent size but very run down. The sleeper sofa in the TV room looked like they had picked it up off the side of the road from someones trash. When you sat in it, you sank into it. The maid service knocked on our door and we were not quite ready for them. When we left to go sightseeing, they were still on our floor but never returned. We had to go to the front desk to get more clean towels for the next day and I had to make the bed. Not my idea of a vacation. They should have given us a refund.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arvaco35
Reviewed 24 May 2010

I've stayed in Hampton Beach a few times, and always at a pricey hotel right on the main drag. This time, our budget didn't permit (the other Hotel was $200 a night) so I thought I'd give the Sands a try, at $130 a night.

We were very pleased with the fact that we had a kitchenette, private balcony and separate living room! The gym was decent, and we loved the huge jacuzzi - water was very clean and nice and hot! There was also a sauna.

Location is ideal! Far enough away from the noise of the clubs at night, but only a 2 minute walk to the beach, restaurants, clubs and the Casino Ballroom.

Room was comfortable, bed was great, shower was awesome - but it would have been great to have a coffee maker in the room, since there is no coffee in the lobby in the morning.

I will definately stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LaurieD003
Reviewed 8 September 2009

We had stayed at The Sands numerous times in the past but not for 15 years or so. We have avoided it in the past several years thinking that it must, by this time, be very run down. Our son and family recently stayed at The Sands as it was a place from his childhood and was happy with the cleaniness in which to bring his family. My husband and I then spent what we intended to be one night and were so pleased with the room(s) that we extended our stay another night. I would not hesitate to return and am looking forward to a fall trip to the beach.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple