“I can see why people keep going back to this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hillcrest Inn

Hillcrest Inn
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
North Port, Florida
“I can see why people keep going back to this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

IF you are looking for a quaint friendly hotel where everyone seems to know each other this is the place. I talked with some who have been returning here for over 30 years. Everyone is so friendly and the place while not fancy is very neat and clean, very important in my opinion.
I also like that fact that they serve coffee each morning and evening with "real" cream for the coffee. They have a very nice lobby and front porch where folks congregate each morning and evening. The owners of the place are real nice and friendly too. I will be back!
Oh, and did I mention that they have a great swimming pool out on the back deck too.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank FloridaDonna

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Berlin, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Me and my fiancee came and stayed here for labor day weekend. its a wonderful location right on the beach, right in the middle of all the action, we had a great balcony overlooking the ocean and all the fun stuff goin on below in the street and a beautiful sunrise right in front of you over the ocean in the morning. Even if you dont get a balcony room they have a nice open porch in front of the hotel at street level to people watch. It has a great restaurant right below the hotel called mama leone's, really good food. Robert the owner at hillcrest was a very nice man from the get go, from me making the reservations and when we got their and on our way out. He helped us out when we needed a corkscrew to open a bottle of wine we couldnt open during our stay (lol). Very nice people their. When we return to hampton beach we will be staying at Hillcrest again!!!!

Room Tip: get a balcony room great views for watching all the action below, and maybe a glass of wine or two...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Denise L
Worcester, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I spoke with the owner about a complaint I had with the room (the sheet's were clearly not changed & the room smelled), wow was she rude!! She was extremely snooty & made it clear she was more interested in the conversation she was having with her friend in the lobby even though I was very respectful from start to end, she never even bothered to get up from her chair. I saw her treat a few other people like she didn't need their business and I have to say her attitude single handedly killed what should have been a great get together with family (something we rarely get to do together). Needless to say we didn't stay. I should have expected she had no people skills when I called for directions. Her response, "You don't have a GPS?". She also hung up on me before I was done talking. Good times (I saw sarcastically).

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Angie C

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Douglas, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

I have been going to Hampton Beach for 40 years. We always take any available hotel,Not any more. We found a Gem,The Hillcrest Inn. What a great hotel.It all starts with Robert at the front desk,wonderful man ,very helpful. The lobby and front porch are perfect for watching the passer byers and the ocean. Our room was the best at the hotel, the third floor King bedroom.Very clean and lots of room for us.We had our own private wrap around balcony , the front faced the ocean with chairs and the side had a table and chairs for snacking and playing cards and games.Awesome views.We also discovered a nice suprise,they have a heated inground pool fenced in behind the hotel.Plenty of chairs and a table area,very nice. We found our new Hotel.We will return again and again

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gerry519
Manchester, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

This is my 37th summer coming to Hampton Beach and staying at Hillcrest Inn. The owners are wonderful to deal with and are very accommodating for any needs we may have each summer. The Hillcrest is in the center of all of the activities and directly across from the beach. Can't get any better than that. Thank you again for another wonderful stay at the Hillcrest Inn on Hampton Beach.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bkh99bah
South Windsor, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

We’ve been staying at the Hillcrest every summer for many, many years because we know what we’re going to get. It’s a place at the beach to sleep and shower with a porch for evening cocktails and snacks and watching the fireworks. The rooms are not large but at the beach that’s not what we’re looking for. The location couldn’t be any better and we’ve never heard a party down the hall or noisy young people in the hall. The owner takes care of that. When we’re tired of the hot sun there’s a porch on the front facing the beach and large lobby to chat with people or use the game table. Another convenience is a great Italian restaurant underneath the hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms are priced on a
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard F
estrie
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2010

Stayed there for 3 nights,the rooms are very small and there is a strange smell in all the hotel and specially in our room.I cleaned the filter of the air conditioner but it did not help that much.I had no problems with the manager like some other customers.The only good thing is that you are in the center of the city and close to every activities.Will not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family