Hillcrest Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$110
US$107
Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$131
BestWestern.com
Ashworth by the Sea(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$118
Groupon.com
  • Pool
Atlantic Breeze Suites(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$152
Grand View Motel(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$119
  • Free Internet
US$82
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfront porchgreat locationacross the streethampton beacha great ocean viewpeople watchfamily vacationrooms are smallmamaplaygroundcleanlinessratesfireworksstripconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My grandchildren and I stayed at the Hillcrest Inn two years ago. The kids are beggin me to take them back. I was totally relaxed and the girls had many things to do, the beach, shopping, arcade and snacking to keep them busy all day. The children also spent a lot of time in the pool. The ocean view is lovely and the staff very polite and accommating. Restaurant below very good place to eat from breakfast to dinner.

Room Tip: Front room with balcony to view the sites. Some nights there are fireworks.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank anagiekikibell
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Let me start by saying that my husband and I absolutely love Hampton Beach, NH. It is one of the cleanest beach towns I've been in. We have rented a condo which was wonderful and the other times have stayed at Lamies Inn which is probably the nicest B&B I've ever stayed in. This was our first summer oceanfront experience in Hampton Beach and I can safely say it will be our last. What is usually a four hour trip turned into a seven hour trip due to traffic on 495. When we finally arrived at our destination (Hillcrest Inn) we couldn't find a parking lot or, for that matter, a parking space. So I parked in back of the Hillcrest Inn in a so-called parking lot (couldn't fit 5 cars in there) and walked around to the front of the hotel to go in and check in. The woman who greeted us at the desk was nasty. I don't think the word "smile" is in her vocabulary. I asked where we were supposed to park and she answered me with a question..."where did you park?" I told her we parked in the back and she very nastily replied "I always tell people to park right in the front. But nobody listens." I asked her how I was going to park in front of the hotel because it is where thousands of people are walking. There is no parking in front. She told me to park in front that I needed to be aggressive. I guess that meant I should run some of the people over. Well, after straightening the no parking issue out, and I was made to feel like a complete idiot, the nasty woman (never even introduced herself or gave us her name) proceeds to tell me where I have to park my brand new car. ONE BLOCK AWAY FROM THE HOTEL!!!!! They don't tell you that in the pamphlet. Our room is on the third floor. No elevator. But not to worry, they have teenagers to help you up with your luggage. Great. The carpeting was in need of replacement throughout the whole place. Looked dirty, oh, but there was a teenage girl vacuuming with a beat up residential vacuum cleaner that smelled like it had cleaned a litter box. We trudge our way up to the third floor and dreading what we will see when we open the door to our room. Well, it wasn't all that bad. The bathroom was about the size of a closet (and I'm not talking about a walk-in closet). It didn't even have enough room for the sink...that was out in the room next to the t.v. The bed took up most of the room. There was only about six inches from the foot of the bed to the wall to walk. On the other side of the bed, they had a small refrigerator and microwave. The deck was decent. That's the ONLY thing that was decent. One of the few electrical outlets was coming away from the wall. There was a candy wrapper on the floor and when you walked without your shoes on (bad idea) you could feel the sand in the carpet. There were two lights in the room and only one had a bulb. There was no hair dryer and it just so happens this was the first time I didn't bring one with me. We had to make sure the toilet stopped running. I didn't even want to check out the pool, so I cannot give my opinion about that. This horrible experience has not changed my opinion about Hampton Beach. I will go back, but will most likely choose Lamies and forget the ocean view.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank sueann628
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Great location first of all. Robert was more than helpful from booking to check in to check out. Nice room with two dbl beds in it, kinda tight but we managed fine. Lovely view from the spacious balcony on the third floor. They have daily housekeeping which I would not have bothered but there was not a do not disturb sign for the doors. Oh well, it was a nice surprise. Location was key right next to the Casino as we were attending a concert! Great porch for people watching and an Italian restaurant right underneath the property. I recommend the Purple Urchin for dinner, have never had a bad meal there. Very nice, large clean pool downstairs that we enjoyed also. Love this place and tried to book for Sept for my birthday but will be closed for the season then....told Robert he would see me again next season!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Deb J
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We got a room at this wonderful hotel (me, husband and 3 year-old daughter) on short notice and feel very lucky that we were able to! Very nice and accommodating staff/owners and a clean, family-friendly place. PERFECT location and amenities (pool, playground, middle of the boardwalk, right on the beach, balcony, parking). We will definitely be returning here and for a longer stay next time! I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a laid-back, congenial atmosphere right in the middle of the action. We just got home and we already can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JodiYB
Reviewed 10 July 2013

IF you are looking for a quaint friendly hotel where everyone seems to know each other this is the place. I talked with some who have been returning here for over 30 years. Everyone is so friendly and the place while not fancy is very neat and clean, very important in my opinion.
I also like that fact that they serve coffee each morning and evening with "real" cream for the coffee. They have a very nice lobby and front porch where folks congregate each morning and evening. The owners of the place are real nice and friendly too. I will be back!
Oh, and did I mention that they have a great swimming pool out on the back deck too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends