“Updating in progress”

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Updating in progress”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Have stayed here a few times before, the hotel is in progress of being renovated. We stayed in a newly renovated room I believe which was very nice. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean, plenty of hot water. The environment was quite. The pool looked very inviting but it the weather was too cold. Would stay again. The Price was okay but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shannon G

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
New Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

The hotel was very accomodating as we had different people coming for different amounts of time. We went for Seafood festival and the weather was perfect! We were able to have a late check out which is also very nice!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Foxboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Been staying here for years. It's old but very clean and well maintained. Has pool which is great at end of day. There aren't any kids activities or fitness center but there is so much to do on strip that they don't need to. Located On street in back of strip which is nice at bed time to get away from noise/partying on strip.

Room Tip: Lots of room types to choose from. They have basic or ones with kitchenettes. The ones across st f...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Concord, New Hampshire, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Bathroom door falling apart, not very clean . Definitely not worth $200 +. Would not stay there again unless they have nicer cleaner rooms.Location was great. Should have coffee available in rooms or at least in the office.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brenda G

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Pittsfield, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

The room was nice and very clean. We had 2 pillows for each bed. The were vere small and we wish we had more. All the rooms were non smoking. You were allowed to smoke outside on the porch. All our neighbors were smoking outside our door. We couldn't sit outside it was so bad. Sometimes it ws so bad we had to close the windows. I've stayed at other Hotels that don't allow that. We would have enjoyed our stay more if we could have left the windows opened and could sit outside. We have stayed at the Marguerite Motel my whole life and will go back. There pool is very very nice.

Room Tip: WE like to stay at the Sunny Side building. There are stairs though if that is a problem.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Eileen C
Ballston Spa, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Just a short summary, this motel had a great staff, was clean inside and out which is always a plus, one block from the beach and a short drive to many other attractions like a scenic drive up Rt.1A. The outlets at Kittery and the Marginal Way at Ogunquit are only a short trip up the coast if you're looking for a day trip. Definitely worth looking into.

There is a nice heated pool and barbeque grills with picnic tables that were all kept very clean. Some of the parking was undercover, which was very nice on a hot day.
The room was modest and very clean. The shower had plenty of hot water. The bed was very comfortable and the place itself, even though it was fully booked on Friday night was surprisingly quiet. We spoke to one of the staff the next morning and they told us that the motel is manned all night to make sure that no one creates a disturbance for the other guests.

At the front desk, Natalie, was one of the nicest people that we have encountered in quite sometime. She was informative and very helpful. I was especially surprised that I had a message from her saying that I had forgotten my reading glasses and when I called the motel they offered to send them to me. We will happily return to the Margurite motel again.

Room Tip: If you enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning, bring a coffee maker with you.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I checked in August .I has called Several times ahead of time to make sure that I that there was any deposits for the room or any hidden fees . Just to make sure that I would be aware of any charges and make sure that I would have the extra funds . I spoke Several times to Catherine and she a shored me that all I needed was the balance that was left on my room and that I can pay that cash when I checked in .So I Decided to leave my credit cards and just took my Debit card .When I checked in Nicole checked me in and stated I had to give a 150 dollers deposit because I had my debit card for a smoking cleaning fee . Which by the way I don't smoke . I stated to her that I called Several times and ask if there was any deposits or fee and I was told No . Will some of the money that I had to spend there it was . She was rude and very Persistent and wanted the deposit . I just feel there needs to be very clear Communication.
When people call and ask question . Then at check out Nicole was very Sarcastic at that . Would I stay there again NOOOO. When you arrive to place you want to feel welcome which I wasn't . At that the other couple I was with they had a debit card and was ask for no deposit .

• Stayed August 2013
MargMotelMgr, Manager at Marguerite Motel, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Hello Jazzystyle,

We appreciate all reviews; good or bad and yours is a fair critique (although it is in duplicate and why TripAdvisor allowed that I am not sure), but nonetheless I am happy to reply to your comments. Pursuant to your calls on several occasions with Catherine, that is correct; there were no additional charges that were not already communicated to you in the confirmation letter that was issued to you on 08/08/2013 to the email address you provided. In this email it addressed several issues that you are concerned with; let me point them out to you, since it was obvious that we were trying to conceal them from you.

1) You had a balance due that was payable upon check-in.......No Problem

2) You made that payment in cash..... No Problem.

3) As far as the cleaning & damage deposit..... In the confirmation letter, line item H: it states that "Management reserves the right to request and hold a damage deposit for up to $200.00. The money will be refunded upon check out after an inspection of the room has been done." Reserves is a vague choice of words, the intent is that: In the event a guest uses a valid credit card we hold that on the honor system using the credit card #, not something we can do with a debit card unless, as we did with your card, we process it upon check-in.

4) As far as the use of a debit card by your friends (& family) in the adjacent room, we opted to take their debit card as they have been repeat guests for many years and happen to have a valid credit card # on file to cover the cleaning & damage deposit. Which we did not feel was necessary to charge them as they have a great history with us since 2008. This was your first visit therefore we did not have a prior history with you as a customer.

5) FYI - this security/damage deposit covers any and all charges to the room, whether it is smoking in the room, sneaking in an un-registered pet or physical damage to the room. Other charges may also apply for adding un-registered guest to the room. It is not exclusively applied to smoking in the room.

Whether you smoke or not was not the primary issue, it was clearly communicated in the confirmation letter dated 08/08/2013 that management reserves the right to request a damage deposit, it was clearly communicated that we do not accept debit cards. However, these 2 line items alone do not appear to be clear enough, at least not to everyone.

Based upon this review we are drafting a revision to the confirmation letter and house rules that will specifically state that a credit card is required at check in, or if a guest opts to use a debit card or cash they will automatically be required to provide the cleaning/damage deposit upon check-in. Your critique of our policies will make it easier for everyone, down the road, to understand what is required for check-in.