“Great location with a heated pool that is only a block from the beach!!”
Review of Marguerite Motel

Marguerite Motel
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
“Great location with a heated pool that is only a block from the beach!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I brought the kids here for a 2nd straight year and we will be back for a 3rd next year. The 3 main reasons: 1) it's a block from everything...including the beach. 2) Heated pool. So when the ocean is too cold, hop in and cool off! Or just sit poolside w/ an adult bev and read. 3) Kitchenette. Everything you need. A fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, and sink for dishes. See ya next year!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank BigMK77

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This was our second time coming to the marguerite the 1st time was in 2013 we enjoyed our stay except for the bugs that made it impossible to enjoy the pool unless you are in the water. This year the help was awful they never left enough toilet paper so we were always chasing them down for it. The bugs by the pool were just as awful as in 2013 so there was no relaxing by the pool and no sitting by the side while the kids swam because the tiny bugs swarmed us and bit us. This year there were bbq's that we were able to use and it was really cost effective. The guest policy was wishy washy. I was told we could have guests and when we had guests they were made to feel so uncomfortable by one of the female staff bugging us about how long they were going to park there in the ample parking that was available, my guests left within 15min. All in all its nice for a weekend trip if u don't want to use the pool, but for a week go some where else. I will say the new manager seems to be really good and was one of two friendly staff. I think once he gets settled in and fixes a few things I'll try again for a night to judge the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed at the motel for a 3 nights. Staff is friendly, room was clean, BBQ were spotless, free parking, nice pool. In the price range of other motels. GREAT LOCATION near the ocean and attractions. Would go back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We are a family of four with two small kids (an infant @ 1 yrs old and a toddler @ 3 yrs old). At the time of booking (booked via booking.com) I requested accommodations for the baby such as a crib or a pack and play. The hotel contacted me several times via phone for different reasons between the booking and our stay including a call to let me know that they do not accept American Express (even though booking.com did take my card and did not indicate otherwise). However, during all those times, they did not advise me that they do not have accommodations for infants. When we arrived, I followed up on the request, but was advised that they just don't do that (as in provide cribs, etc.). So, we suffered it out. Also, the room has no bathtub and the bathroom was so tiny that if you wanted to wipe your own butt sitting on the toilet, you'd nearly be smashing your head on the sink. In addition, the pool while it may have the capacity to be heated, it was not (the temperatures outside were in the 60s, low 70s) and it had a film reflecting off the water of some substance that I cannot identify. The floors in the rooms, the carpet specifically, was unclean and in fact had a sharp part sticking out while walking into and out of the bathroom. The sink and the shower head leaked. The place is definitely dated and so are the things within it such as the beds, bedding, towels, fridge, etc. I do have to say that one good thing about this hotel is its location as it is very close to all of the main attractions to the center of the beach. That beings said, this is just not a place for a family with small kids.

Room Tip: We had a room with a kitchennette; perhaps other rooms that are without are more updated?
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WindyCityChic

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We needed two rooms on the first floor and I has requested renovated rooms when I confirmed our reservations a week before we arrived. As it turned out, our rooms were a couple of the unrenovated rooms and were dark and damp. Our rooms faced the parking lot and walkway, so we couldn't open our curtain. All rooms are supposed to be non-smoking; however, ash trays are located outside of each room, so our room smelled like cigarette smoke all the time! The rooms don't have phones or clocks. The bathroom is tiny. The area is noisy and in the middle of beach-partying activity. The staff was nice: however: we would not stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014
Guilford, Vermont
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The staff and owner were great. However, on the day we left two different contractors who were renovating/cleaning the place really got in to an exchange of words with each other including vulgar language while my sons ages 9 and 3 years old were in earshot from our room which had the windows open. I was not impressed and did let the contractors know this by saying they were both rude as I had my children who had to hear their LOUD yelling a expletives. Room was clean and close walking distance to the beach. Pool was freezing but room served its purpose which was to bring our whole family including our mini schnauzer on a couple day beach trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amber B
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my fiance for a little getaway and it was very nice. This is our second time. We will be back in July for a family vacation and will be staying here again. Manager is nice. Rooms are clean. Feel very comfortable.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple