“Very nice”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hampton
The Condos @ Ashworth Ave.
Reviewed 14 June 2010

We stayed at the Sands Resort and the people were knowledgeable and helpful. It was very close to the beach and it had a downstairs shower you could rinse off before going to your room. The prices were reasonable - the weather on the other hand was not that great, but the Sands has a very large hot tub and a gym. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ssaunders16

Reviewed 8 October 2009

my family and I went to hampton beach and we stayed at the condos at 6 ashworth ave. The condo was beautiful!!! full stocked and had a heated swimming pool!! the kids loved every minute!!! we had so much fun at the condo we practicaly never left!!

2  Thank mschryver
Reviewed 23 June 2008

I stayed here this past weekend for one night, as the hotel I stayed at Friday night did not have a room available for Saturday. The MainSail Motel is much, much, better, as well as 30 dollars cheaper.

I stayed at the Royal Crest Saturday, because they had a vacancy and I didn't want to waste all day going from place to place seeing what was available.

The room was dirty and dark. I requested a non smoking room, and the place smelled like cigarettes anyway. The other guests were out on the balcony all night partying, leaving their trash for me to walk through the next morning.

Stay away...their are much better options such as the MainSail out there.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 31 July 2007

I just spent the weekend at the royal crest motor inn with 16 people and i want to let everyone know what i thought of it.
First of all..Dont Expect the hilton if that is the case dont even go to the hampton beach area because all the hotels / motels are like this one.
This place is slightly bigger then most motels in the area.
Its is very clean with daily maid service everyday and lots of towls and if you needed more they were brought to you right away.
Check inn was really fast and easy. Staff was helpful. we were on the second floor room 50-51-52-53
we had a long balcony with plenty of cairs and also a table. Rooms were Clean but kind of small. The bathroom is a hole and the sink is outside the bathroom. Shower was small but clean. One night the hot water ran out in all the rooms because someone turned it off by mistake. Taken care of very quickly.
It is about a 2mins walk to the beach.
Heated pool, never went in ( perferred beACH) But it looked big adn clean.

What ever other reviews you read dont listen to them. I was scared about going here after i booked because of all the bad reviews and it wasnt that bad. coming from someone who has stayed every year at 5 star all inclusive hotels.

Hoep it helped

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank palmTrees11
Reviewed 24 July 2006

I just spent this past weekend at two other properties owned by this same company-- the Royal Crest Motel, and the Seacrest Suites. I have travelled extensively throughout the world and stayed in more backpackers' accomodations than you can imagine-- this was one of the filthiest, shabbiest places I have ever stayed. I have also been a hotel manager myself, so I was hesitant to be the "difficult guest," but this was horrendous. We had a reservation for a 2-room suite at the Royal Crest Motel for $170 per night, and it was awful-- dirty, ceiling fans coming out of the ceiling, broken bed frame, filthy blankets on the beds, on and on. This was actually the second room we were given-- the first "suite" had no furniture in it except for a tiny love seat and a double bed. I complained the next morning and asked to be moved to another room. The manager was sympathetic and moved us to an apartment they have on M St. It had 2 bedrooms and supposedly rents for $275/night in the high season... the carpet had not been vaccumed in weeks, the sheets had sand in them, broken lamp, again more than I have space to write. These places should be shut down by the board of health, it is criminal what's going on.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank beachlover4
A TripAdvisor Member
Sherbrooke,Qc,Ca
Reviewed 14 June 2006

i've rented a 2 double bed with a supposed kitchenette for a two night stay.... What a waste of money. There was no table, no chair, no ustensile and plate, only one pan and a pot....and they call that a kitchenette. You could only smell bleech when you got in. And it's not for nothing either, after a couple of hour, the smell was so bad, like something rotting, and swewer.

DONT GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 August 2004

We stayed at the royal hampton for the third time from 8/8/04 to 8/13/04. This is the least expensive hotel near the hampton beach boardwalk and yes you can see the ocean from the hotel it is just on the curve going south off ocean blvd. This hotel is $99 weekdays and the ships inn's least expensive room is $129 on the weekdays. I know because I have stayed at both. Yes, ships inn is a bit more updated but not much and it is actually the same distance from the beach as Royal hampton. The only real update is the carpet, landscaping, and kitchenettes in the rooms that have them but they are over $200. The beds are compairable at both hotels. The biggest difference is that you get a coffee maker and microwave at ships in but not at the Royal hampton but for $30 per day it is cheaper to eat at the boardwalk. I have stayed in three different rooms at the Royal Hampton and have never seen a moldy shower curtain or any mold for that matter and always had a comfortable bed that never squeeked. The rooms are very clean and there is never any sand from the beach in the room. One other difference is Royal Hampton's pool is enclosed in case of rain and has a jacuzzi where Ship's inn pool is outdoors and there is no jacuzzi All the hotels at the beach are old they were all built around the same time. It is sad that someone had a bad experience because if they stayed a few days they would have been able to meet and talk to the friendly people we meet every year that stay there year after year and love it.

6  Thank itsjustme1