“Will be back next Summer!”

Harris Sea Ranch Motel
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I come to Hampton Beach twice a year with my wife once in July and once for Seafood Festival. I have stayed in many of the motels at Hampton Beach, and on my last trip saw the Harris Sea Ranch and decided to book for Seafood Festival. The location and price was perfect. The section I stayed in, you walk outside your room and you are in a courtyard with tables and umbrellas, cross the street and you are on the beach. It is less than twenty yards from room to beach. I have paid twice as much at other motels at Hampton Beach and had to walk for 5 minutes to get to the beach. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The parking lot was on site so it was very easy to load and unload my car. They also had free coffee and muffins which was awesome because it saved me a trip from going to Dunkin Donuts and waiting in line. I will definitely be back next summer as the price and location are perfect.

Room Tip: great location close to beach and on boardwalk, free coffee and muffins saves a trip to Dunkin, plen...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mattskinh

Reviewed 14 September 2011

The view from our room was excellent. It is an older motel and could use some upgrades but it was clean. The staff was very friendly. Our room was on the L streat side. There is a bar next to it and was very loud most of the night. The beds were very comfortable.The location of the motel to the beach was excellent, the best section of the beach right across the street. Many fine restaurant's all in walking distance. If you going to the sea food festival you will be in walking distance around 500 feet to the entrance to the festival

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are better due to the noise on the south side - L street side
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank looneylake
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I stayed with my two teenage daughters and six year old granddaughter. Never stayed downtown, but took a chance so my teens had access to all the action. Room view was phenomenal and we watched the fireworks from our private deck. Gracious hostess, extremely friendly. Parking beneath the building and directly in rear. Very small spaces (not suitable for SUVs) and the doors are locked early. Anyone out past nine has to use the security code so the motel is very secure but has to walk half a dark block and around the corner to re-enter. Lots of stair climbing too. Also, wi fi only in lobby, and we hoped to use our iPads at night before bed. We couldn't get our tv on, asked twice and neither time worked. Nobody offered to help. Cleanliness was good with daily maid service, but there was a black hair on my sheet and we are all blonde. There was also old food under our bed we discovered when we were checking our luggage to leave. Also, continental breakfast is not served as the office doesn't open until 10.

Room Tip: Aside from cleanliness, rooms are very small. No fridge in our room.
4  Thank Mrsgobrien8
Reviewed 9 August 2011

This was our first time visiting Hampton Beach and our first time traveling as a family of 5 for any real length of time, so we were apprehensive about the whole trip. We are two parents and 3 sons, 12 and under. Mary Lee at the Harris Sea Ranch was absolutely warm, friendly, and very accommodating, as was her staff. We stayed in room #30, which was perfect for us. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the kitchenette was what we needed and overall it suited us just fine. There were two twin beds in one room and we used a roll away for our third kid. There was a queen bed in the other room. Again, it was very comfortable. I only wish we could have had a balcony to sit on and to dry wet towels and bathing suits, but we are certainly not complaining. After all, we're a family of 5! The housekeeping was great, too. If we go back to Hampton Beach, I know we'll stay here again.

4  Thank jharvill
Reviewed 4 August 2011

WOW!! This place is where its at! My husband and our 2 boys just got back from The Harris Sea Ranch at Hampton Beach, Where do I even start??? We spent hours online searching for a place to stay at Hampton Beach, We came across the Harris Sea Ranch and after reading some reviews we booked a 3 night stay. We arrived before check in but Mary Lee (who is amazing) let us check in early. We got into our room and we were more than impressed. CLEAN!!! The room was so nice. It still had that old beach charm but new beds, new furniture, new counter, new sink, new frigde, NEW NEW NEW! I could go on and on. The breakfast was great. The service was superb and the beach was amazing. Have no worries staying here. Its 200 feet from the beach, no noise and so much fun. This is our new vaca spot for a lifetime. Many thanks to Mary Lee and her sons (especially the one who jumped our car from the dead battery), we will forever stay here!

3  Thank HamptonBeachFam
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed at Harris Sea Ranch for a long weekend..This hotel is on the Ocean blvd close to everything. The beautiful beach is located directly across the street. We booked their option of obstructed ocean view. This view from the balacony was fine. The hotel is older however most of the area is. The room was roomy and clean with a frigerator, air conditioning and satelite TV, and the bed was very comfortable. The parking was a breeze. Parking lot in the rear of the building and also a parking garage under the hotel, which was nice since we rode our motorcycle. They serve a continental breakfast each morning which consists of coffee, tea, muffins and danishes. The owner Mary Ellen is wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dexter6303
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My husband and I and our 3 children stayed at the Harris Sea Ranch for three nights. I have been coming to Hampton Beach for years and this is one of the nicer motels I have stayed in. We had a great room with our own private balcony and a kitchenette. It was perfect for us. We were able to make lunches and eat on the beach. The motel provides a nice continental breakfast which consists of muffins, pastries, coffee or tea. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. The owner, I wish I had gotten her name, was extremely nice and very welcoming. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family