“Family vacation”

Harris Sea Ranch Motel
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 14 August 2012

When we arrived, Marilee (front desk) was very nice, greeted us and was very helpful by answering all our questions. We were in a Deluxe ocean view room (room 17) and had a great view of the boardwalk and I could see my husband and daughter setting up our beach stuff in the morning. The room was clean, althought very dated but, the beds were very confortable and there was a kitchenette so that made it easy with snacks for the kids. We were on the corner of Ocean blvd and L street right next to <<La bec rouge>> which is a pub by night. We didn't mind the live music across the street since we could enjoy the balcony with a drink and watch the people walking on the blvd while our kids were sleeping.There is the issue of the garbage trucks making noise at 6am, but that's not their fault. There was limited WiFi signal, but really, that's not what I was concentrating on while on a beach vacation! It was a great vacation, the area wasn't so crowded since the shops and arcades were further away. Great view and good value!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Isabel T

Reviewed 14 August 2012

I though it was a little pricey. It is at the end of the beach. The staff is very friendly and there is a nice court area to gather in. I would stay there again if nothing else was avaliable. The parking is very tight behind the hotel. Try to stay in one of the court rooms.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Very dated, but clean with friendly staff and comfy bed. Lovely balcony with a view of the beach and strip. There is no pool or fitness center: I am not sure why I can't correct accidentally rating them because they don't exist at this location.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed at the Harris Sea Ranch recently. I booked a queen room online for only $100 a night which is an excellent value to be on the strip. We read great reviews but figured that at that price the room wouldn't be spectacular and we were right. We stayed in the house in the courtyard. The entrance was noisy because the handle was broken. The hallway was small and very warm and made lots of noises and the walls were very thin. You could hear everything in the nearby rooms.

I think for a small investment the experience there would be so much better. It's older so there is lots of exposed wiring. The ceiling light was replaced and you could see the broken and dirty wood under what was a bigger light before. The windows did not open and they were very dirty. The shades were nice and darkening but you could not open them. The view was of a wall which we did not mind, but it would be so nice to be able to open the windows and get natural light. The mattress was very clean and VERY comfortable, but I found it odd that there was a mattress protector that didn't wrap around like a fitted sheet and there was no fitted sheet, just a regular one laid on top so the mattress was easily exposed. The sheets and pillows were very comfortable but the comforter needed to be replaced as it was both very dated and very crunchy. The room would also serve better function with another outlet because all the ones in the room are used so we had to plug our phones in the bathroom and it would be great if there was some other place to put our items on. A small dresser or even one of those small racks for the closet. I did not want to place my luggage on the floor.

The bathroom was a big disappointment. The shower was so tiny that you could not bend down to wash the sand from your feet without falling out of the shower. You couldn't lean up against it either, it was too small and we're not big people and the shower curtain was taped at the top. The toilet was VERY confined. It was very hard to sit and then wipe afterwards. The sink was rusted from the sea water but it was very old as well and could use updating.

The carpet felt dirty throughout the room as well which wasn't that great. Also, under the mini fridge the carpet was ripped up and there was a square that did not match that was over rotting wood.

They do have free Wi-Fi but it's only in the lobby area. We could not get a signal in our room which was a big drawback. If you are offering free internet to guests, they should be able to get it in their rooms.

The breakfast in the morning was okay. There was some danishes and muffins and coffee. Great tasting, but you'd be better off going out for breakfast at one of the many places.

Overall though I would still stay here again. The price was right, and the location was great. It was mid-strip on the map but it was really at the beginning of all the good shops so you don't have some things one way and some the other. The courtyard itself was nice. There were chairs and tables to sit and lots of people used it.

The owner was very, very nice. She was easy to talk to and worked efficiently even with phones ringing and guests coming in. She shared her knowledge of the area as well. I hope this review is read by her and maybe she can make the place a more refined room because while we would stay again, if some money was spent it would be a place that would probably become a family staple. It was in a perfect location and had great service, and while great service is HUGE, part of that is making the place look like it's well maintained and not just a money maker because in peak season the rooms WILL get rented no matter what.

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel with balconies. I believe those are better rooms. The courtyard is cheaper an...
2  Thank notjstanothrmom
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The price of this hotel did not coincide with what we actually got for our money. The room was clean but there were absolutely no amenities. No shampoo, phone, coffee maker, iron or iron board, one morning no towels, but hey, there was a refrigerator. The front desk manager /owner was very very nice which was a plus for this Hotel which was otherwise very disappointing. There was a smell to the room but instead of blaming it on something horrible, I'll just assume that it was the wooden walls in the room w hich caused the smell. The room absolutely needed updating, new blinds that weren't filthy on the back side, and absolutely needed new flooring/carpeting. That was in horrible shape and might possibly be what was causing the small. We definitely won't stay here again. For the price we should at the very least have had shampoo given to us. Also there are no elevators so if you are going to stay more than a couple of nights with lots of luggage to carry, be prepared to walk - up the flight of stairs (2) with all of your luggage. Oh, yes, there was a coffee room that I wasn't aware of but did find by mistake. It was up a flight of very steep stairs. Once there I couldn't carry two cups of coffee down the flight of stairs, then open doors, to get back into the hotel, and then up two flights of stairs and open the room door only because there were no caps for the cups provided so by the time I would be back to the room, the cups would have been empty, from spilling all the way back to the room. The coffee room was not in the same building as the hotel; it was attached but not the same building so I had to go out of the hotel and into the attached building and then up the steep flight of stairs only to not be able to take the coffee back to the room for reasons mentioned above. Never again but I said that when walking up all the stairs with the luggage before I even saw the room. It could have been so nice but apparently they opted not to do any upgrades or add any amenities because they were booking the hotel without these things. I absolutely hated it there but at least the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
2  Thank Donna F
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My 22 yr old daughter and myself had a little get away and were pleasantly surprised to find this Hotel..Hadn't been at Hampton Beach in years and it was a walk down memory lane for us.. It was a very clean room, stayed in a king size bed, comfortable bed it was room 23. The only complaint was the WiFi didn't work in our room. Had a view of the ocean and the restaurant next door ( good food ) with music playing on the deck was enjoyable but not too loud once you closed the door.. It was on the South side of the beach which I thought was a perfect location. Hampton Beach has had a nice face lift since the last time I was there and a few good restaurants with entertainment. I can only handle the beach for a few hours but hear I can do that and while the sun worshipers can stay i can walk the shops, listen to music and have a beer.. That's my kind of beach..

Room Tip: I would take the first floor.. The stairs are a little hard to get around...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank WannabeeTraveler25
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Just got done spending a wonderful week at this motel on Hampton Beach. There were six of us and week got the "Penthouse", a top level with three rooms and five beds. The beds by the way are very, very comfortable. We also had a terrace with six chairs and two tables, that looks over the beach and the Blv. The people watching was fantastic. Marylee was very friendly and most helpful with check in and check out. May do this next year as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family