“Economical, friendly service, walk to beach!”

Harris Sea Ranch Motel
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I come with a group of friends every fourth of July. Marilee is SO sweet, she remembers you by name! I love the courtyard all dolled up with beautiful flowers. The fact that we can just walk to the beach in a matter of 5 minutes total is HUGE!! If you like to "people watch" the courtyard is THE place to do it!

Room Tip: inside house on first floor, quitest and AC's work the best!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Amy S

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I was shocked by how small and dirty the rooms were. The internet shows these beautiful rooms and I was so disappointed in how misleading the photos were. Even the bedding smelled like smoke and dirt! I would never stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Susan C
Harris S, Owner at Harris Sea Ranch Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

The Harris Sea Ranch is a seasonal business. We closed on October 8, 2012 and have not yet reopened for the summer of 2013. Currently, we are involved in a legal dispute with our neighbor, the owner of the former La Bec Rouge. We were not open during the time of these reviews. As a family business, we are committed to the surrounding of our guests with clean rooms in friendly surroundings as we have done for the last 39 summers.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed there last weekend, April 12th an 13rh. The place was gross. Mold in the tub. Holes in the wall, tv was broken. Sheets smelled horrible. I told them that I would post this if they didnt at least clean the bedding

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Barryjames1

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I booked this hotel for a three night stay from Monday-Thursday, Booking online was easy enough and the follow up for call to confirm was appreciated. We got into town around 11 which was after the hotels normal check in hours. The staff was very accommodating and met me at the office once I arrived. As other reviewers have said the rooms are very dated and basic, the showers and toilets were very tight even for an average size person. On the plus side the bed was very comfy and you couldn't get any closer to the ocean. The hotel is in a quieter part of the strip but only a 5 minute walk away from plenty of restaurants and bars. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a budget beachfront hotel. But if your staying for the whole week and can afford a higher rate I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2012

When we arrived, Marilee (front desk) was very nice, greeted us and was very helpful by answering all our questions. We were in a Deluxe ocean view room (room 17) and had a great view of the boardwalk and I could see my husband and daughter setting up our beach stuff in the morning. The room was clean, althought very dated but, the beds were very confortable and there was a kitchenette so that made it easy with snacks for the kids. We were on the corner of Ocean blvd and L street right next to <<La bec rouge>> which is a pub by night. We didn't mind the live music across the street since we could enjoy the balcony with a drink and watch the people walking on the blvd while our kids were sleeping.There is the issue of the garbage trucks making noise at 6am, but that's not their fault. There was limited WiFi signal, but really, that's not what I was concentrating on while on a beach vacation! It was a great vacation, the area wasn't so crowded since the shops and arcades were further away. Great view and good value!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Isabel T
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I though it was a little pricey. It is at the end of the beach. The staff is very friendly and there is a nice court area to gather in. I would stay there again if nothing else was avaliable. The parking is very tight behind the hotel. Try to stay in one of the court rooms.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Very dated, but clean with friendly staff and comfy bed. Lovely balcony with a view of the beach and strip. There is no pool or fitness center: I am not sure why I can't correct accidentally rating them because they don't exist at this location.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple