“"We Will return"”
Review of Brownie's Hotel

Brownie's Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hampton
Brownie's Hotel
Ranked #9 of 13 Hampton B&B and Inns
Warner, New Hampshire
“"We Will return"”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Driving down the strip I was not sure if I would being staying in Hampton beach for the night or not I had my "honey" with me for a day trip of just getting away from everything he and I seen a price for 69.00 a night , so we pulled in went in andLena the owner greeted us very super friendly and we asked for the 69.00 room for the night she checked us in and we were off to our room it was quaint with fridge tv clean bathroom nice linens ( no burn holes I hate that and no smell of cigarette smoke at all ) we stayed the night in out little room and we will be returning again. sitting on the porch in the morning with the beautiful sun and my honey was magnificent.
Thank you Lena.
Matt and Renie Keyser

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
mitchellb
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were set to stay here for a night with the inlaws for a night during the seafood festival. The inlaws were staying a couple nights and we were supposed to stay one night. They arrived a day before us and warned us that it was a disgusting disaster. I went into this thinking it was probably bad but would do the trick. After all, most times when we go somewhere we look to get the cheapest place possible just to find a place to sleep and have seen our fair share of dive rooms that ended up working out okay. We got there and the outside looked a little shabby and run down but still no big deal. the parking was a *^%#ing mess! They had people parked beyond crazy to the point where in order for our inlaws to leave 2 other vehicles would have to move in order for them to get out. I get this was a busy time for the seafood festival but serioulsy be real here! We walked up to the little seating area in front of our room a recycling bin with beer cans was in front of our door- we dont drink and neither does our in laws.... we sat in the chairs outside and 2 of them bent back in a way they werent meant to do, and we are average sized people here. The door looked like the door of a boarded up run down abandoned building. While walking in my son and i touched the door way and both got giant splinters with just a light touch. The wood on the door looked like it had been wet and then dried several times and was starting to split and splinter everywhere. We walked in and omg it smelled horrific as stated in other reviews. It smelled moldy and misty and clearly like it had been water damaged. The rug was nice and new and super plush but looked weird because the rest of the room was old outdated smelly and run down. first thing first i always check for bedbugs i lifted the sheets of the first bed to find it was covered in a giant sheet of green plastic that had ripped in several places and was duct taped together- totally nasty and ghetto looking. I didnt even look at the 2nd bed because we werent the ones sleeping in the other bed. As we walked through the room we found sinkholes in the floor where it felt like there was a piece of cardboard or wood layed under the rug and we would sink down into a soft spot there. We attempted to open the window which was boarded up with bars and the lock fell off the window. The bathroom ceiling has tons of brown water damaged spots, holes, and general ceiling damage missing pieces/chunks. The space where the toilet is was super small which wasnt a big deal except my MIL couldnt fit in there to use the bathroom at all. When the toilet flushed a terrible smell came outside the main door like a backed up sewage smell issue. The tv would shut off on its own at random. This hotel was just absolutely nasty, i felt nasty being in there and we decided not to stay the night after all. I have never left a hotel/motel before even if it did feel less than acceptable but this one was downright NASTY! i am willing to bet money on the fact a pipe burst or something water damage like happened and they didnt take care of it, they threw boards on the floor and covered with a nice carpet to make it look better. I dont know how this place would pass a health inspection it was terrible. I bet there is mold growing in there too at least it smells that way. We left and will NEVER come back and never reccomend this place ever! The sad part is, this place wasnt even as cheap as other places.

Room Tip: choose another HOTEL!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank mitchellb1984

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My sister and I worked at this motel in 1960 when it was purchased by family friends. For our annual sister reunion we booked a room for the day as our home base. Lena, the manager, and Pam, a housekeeper, could not have been more welcoming and accomodating to us! The room was comfortable, cheery and more than met our expectations! It was the perfect trip down memory lane made more wnderful by such pleasant people to deal with.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Avon, MA
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Do not go here unless your desperate. Bring an air freshener. This place needs updating terribly bad. The beds are wrapped in plastic so when your sleeping and you move it crackles, the wallpaper is peeling and is from the 60's with big orange, yellow & green flowers, the shower is old and outdated with pieces of the paneling all scraped and falling down, the ceiling tiles are stained from water leakage which is probably why it smells so bad, the handle on the bathroom window and frame is ready to fall out, and last but not least, the towels smell too!!!! This is the honest truth...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Doreen G
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights the weekend of the 4th of July. While it's nothing to write home about, we've certainly stayed in worse beach hotels in New England between this area and the Cape. This place does the trick if you are want to have fun on the beach during the day and go out to the bars to drink at night. It's a really close walk to the beach if you walk down Boston St or Dover st (I think those were the names) and there is an ice cream joint right around the corner that came in handy one afternoon. The main message in this review is: If you were going up for an event or a concert and just wanted a place to stay - I'd definitely recommend Brownies. For a visit much more than 2 nights - I might suggest opening up your wallet for something a little nicer - especially if you have back problems - as the beds aren't great.

More details:

We were not dissatisfied with the aroma or cleanliness at all. We brought candles that we didn't really need.

Bedding/Towels: We've traveled to Hampton Beach/Salisbury a few times and have learned what to expect with the beach hotels. We had brought our own sheets to be more comfortable having stayed at other places in the area that make our skin crawl a bit. I'd recommend if you like to bundle up in bed with something heavy I'd bring your own comforter, the ones at this modest hotel reminded me of something I used at a sleepover 20 years ago - sorta old with those itchy nub things that you might get on your sweatshirt. While I'm sure it was perfectly clean we had brought couch blankets because of past experiences at hotels in Hampton. However the AC worked so well that I was very cold because I like to be toasty when I sleep. Next time I'd bring a regular comforter, or at least a hoodie or something. Towels were a little small - but I guess all hotels are like that. We like big towels and might bring our own bath towels next time, because we are both taller and a little curvy :) Also if you are going up there for the nightlife and intend on sleeping til like 10 or 11, you'll miss the cleaning lady so you might be glad to have your own towel if you end up using the same one for a few days. If you aren't fussy or just staying for 1 night I wouldn't bother packing this extra stuff.

Other hiccups were we blew a fuse one day with the blow dryer when the AC was on, probably because we were using it in the main room and not the bathroom. They fixed it- but was a little annoying at the time since the room actually was pretty dark during the day without a light on, we were in a corner of the property that didn't get a lot of sun. Which obviously helped the room stay cool!

Also our particular room was hard to lock. Room #15 on the 2nd floor. The owner was responsive to this when we went down to ask for help. She sent a family member up to lock it, they gave us our key back, we went out to the bars, came back and it hadn't been locked like we thought. The next night we went out I was sure to put all my valuables in the car, sorta sketched me out that they hadn't locked it.

I read the reviews about the yummy brownies, thus the name of the hotel. I went into the office a few times to ask a couple questions - never did see a plate of brownies out. No lost points for that but was surprised there wasn't at least one in our room the 1st day we checked in if the place is called Brownies.

Warning check out is at 10 -- we had a work commitment so check out so that wasn't a problem for us but I wonder if their competitors are more like 11. They had a sign up that they would charge you if you checked out late --- which might be an empty threat but we made sure to leave right at 10. If you are up there for a concert or something I'm sure that wouldn't be fun to have to be up at 9 and out at 10. But maybe we are just lazy and like our sleep after going out, and that's not true for everyone!

To end on a positive note --- we appreciated the mini-fridge - we kept beers cold all weekend :)

In sum like I said up-top I think this place is doable for about 2 nights, we stayed our 3rd night but the beds aren't great so we contemplated going home after the 2nd night to get ahead start on the recooperation from being out 2 nights in a row. We decided to power through and stay for 3 nights. Four our next trip we might scope out a different hotel just to see if there's anything that's a little bit of a step up from the place, we we were perfectly fine there- just not so comfortable. When the price is right though--- sometimes that's what is important, and no regrets on going economical for this particular trip!

Room Tip: We were in room 15, which was on another floor - and while I didn't dislike that room, I would h...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank magsymae
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2012

This was the worst motel I ever stayed at. The rooms needs to be updated, the bathroom was a mess the shower drain back up and flooded the floor. The ad for the motel stated daily house keeping, but the two days we stayed no one clean our room and we had to asked for clean towels and light bulbs for the lamps
NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Melody R
Burlington,Vermont
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Stayed at The Brownie's July 3rd to July 6th 2012..brought the grand daughter to see the ocean for the first time. It was...OK. Stayed in room 1..a little close to the road. Found the room clean, a little run down, bathroom was tight to say the least. Water gets very hot, not a complaint more of a caution. Owners very friendly. It is a bit of a walk to the beach, especially with a little one in tow. We would stay here again, like I said is was OK.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family