“what not to like”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2013

While visiting HB like to get off the beach to try other restaurants. What a good choice, went with a few friends most had lobster sliders, including me. Service was fast and friendly,drink order was out before everyone could decide on their food order. The sliders came with fish chowder, this was thick and very tasty. The sliders came with lots of meat and not a lot of any fillers. Everyone was happy with their meals. The inside is nicely decorated with an array of different items, lots of old photos of the Hampton area.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

LOVE the 401 and Desi is most welcoming. Nothing is fried which I love ! The chef (NORA) will go out of her way to make what you want the way you want it. Go there quite a bit. Would highly recommend to anyone not from the area.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

401 is the best. Best lobster rolls, best bartenders, best drinks! Great tunes, awesome outdoor seating and lots of close parking!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

The food was a little bland, had trouble finding something great to try on the menu and I am not a picky person. We did have the cheeseburger mac which was pretty good, but not as flavorful as I'd hoped. The prices were a little bit high. I was surprised to get that they didn't offer refills on soda. I will say the atmosphere was charming and very authentic.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

We renovated a beach house nearby and spent many days on the way to the big box hardware store and passed the 401 many times. But never went in. Our partners finally took us there during NH restaurant week. It was pretty crowded for 2 pm and parking at the location is pretty miserable, but there is a public lot just down the street with ample parking, so no big deal. A short walk.

My husband had the Rueben and pronounced it the best he'd ever had (and he's very picky). I had the Haddock Sliders and thought I'd died and gone to heaven! Perfect portion of fish on fresh baked, yummy slider rolls. My only pick was that the cheese on it wasn't necessary. They had a $15 4 course lunch, which our friend had, that was very generous and very good. I'll definitely go back!

1  Thank Calypso19

Been to The 401 Tavern? Share your experiences!