“Rude and inattentive staff with horrible "food"”
Review of McGuirks

McGuirks
Ranked #45 of 117 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Where do I start? This place isn't worth my time but I feel I must spread the word about it. It was on of the worst experiences I've ever had (service and food). I wrote a review about it on another website and have simply copy and pasted it here. Here goes nothing: My boyfriend and I picked this restaurant based on their menu and how it looked/sounded. The downstairs bar area was packed and had live entertainment. It seemed like it would be a fun place to have dinner and then drinks. We were "greeted" by an older hostess who was not cheery at all. The table was upstairs, right by the windows. Great view! It took the server (I believe her name was Sarah) about 10-15 minutes to come over. My boyfriend ordered the Guinness Pie and I ordered the halibut stuffed with lobster filling. I asked for mashed potatoes on the side and she said she didn't have them so I ordered a baked potato. She came back about 5 minutes later and said they were out of guinness pie. Then she came back about 10 minutes later and said they didn't have baked potatoes. So, I opted for the rice pilaf. WHAT IRISH PUB RUNS OUT OF THEIR "SIGNATURE GUINNESS PIE AND POTATOES?!? When my boyfriend's meal came out (he wound up getting the shepard's pie), it looked like crap with day old, dried mashed potatoes on top. (Thought they didn't have any? Not that I would want it after seeing them). Mine looked delicious but tasted like crap. The fish was not fresh and the lobster stuffing had about 3 TINY pieces of lobster and the rest was dried breadcrumbs that were red in color. The rice pilaf was bland and not cooked properly. The service was lousy. No refills. No,"how is everything?" And no "have a great night." Didn't want to give this place any more money, so we wasted over 50 bucks and went home. We were happy that we didn't get sick off of this stuff they call food.

5  Thank champagnebackpack

Reviewed 9 July 2013

went one day with friends and it was a very bad experience--my husband actually left after an hour and ten minutes without any food in sight-it was in the downstairs bar--ok, one waitress for the entire downstairs--we did finally get the food and it was a little better than ok--the waitress was great and gave us money off with the ok she said of the manager-----forgive it,yes--tried again with family and what a mistake---we will never go there again--we were about the third or fourth table to be seated upstairs-we were there for about fifteen minutes before we put in our orders--we had drinks and the waitress brought bread(the little ones were happy)--we had scallops app(goood!)the waitress came by after a half hour and said it would be only a couple of minutes for the food--after 45 one of my daughters asked her to please check on the food--she came back after about 5 min. and said our slip was next --in the meantime all the tables are taken and some tables after us had their food already--our three year old was crying for her food--our five year old fell asleep in my arms--10 minutes later all but two of the meals came--the three year olds and the "special order"captains plate(clam strips instead of bellies)--the waitress says that they just ran out of clam strips(maybe someone at atable after us got them)----she tells us this as she is serving the other meals--do you want extra fish or something? no just give me fish n chips instead-and may we speak to the manager please-----after another 10 or 15 minutes(everyone is done now)the fish n chips come and the waitress says it will be half price---still no manager---we ask again---the manager finally comes after 5 more minutes with an awful attitude and did not want to discuss anything--he was disrespectful and rude--he was asked for the owners contact info and he walked away and would not come back to talk to us---we had the bill and a credit card out and said we want to talk to him before we pay---he called the police--he was talking nicely with them so i guess he does have the skills---the police did not care what happened and said we were to pay--period--what an awful experience not only for the restaurant but the hampton police!--we told the children that most police try to help people-that they are supposed to be the good guys and don't ever go to mcguirks again!!!!!!!!

3  Thank joyce s
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

We had a party of 10 and they made a reservation for us without any problems. The atmosphere was very nice beautiful view of the water. Everyone at our table seemed happy with their meal. The only downside is one friend waited forever for his scallops. The waitress was friendly. It was pretty great for good food for a big group before a concert.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We sat at the bar and enjoyed the people watching. Drinks were good, the people were good with the music played low. We were able to talk with each other and enjoy the engaging bar patrons and bartenders.

For us, that is important- we were not blasted with music!

We moved to a table for dinner and had Haddock Parmesano over noodles - wonderful! The salad was fresh and the italiano sauce was favorful and not too thick. Really nice. Absolutely beautiful and delicious. Our guests were dazzled! After we dined, we just sat downstairs and people watched until we were ready to go watch the fireworks.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I took my mom here for her birthday the first week of June. She had fried scallops but I noticed that there were many different menu options and I wanted to try something unique. I ordered the haddock parmesan and I was wowed when it came. It was a large portion of crisp haddock under a nice layer of cheese and covered in the best marinara sauce I've had in a long time! It was absolutely delicious. I will definitely go back and try more of the menu items too.

Been to McGuirks? Share your experiences!