“Not too bad........”

McGuirks
Ranked #44 of 115 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stopped in on a busy labor Day Weekend (Sat) and was pleased to be seated immediately. Our party of 5 ordered a variety of dishes but two of us ordered Beef Stroganoff off a special menu ($10). It was watery and bland. You get what you pay for!! I had Fish n' Chips which were average....and the fries were hard and not cooked sufficiently. That was not a good sign! Our server was lively and humorous and took care of us wonderfully however. Not really worth the money in my opinion.

There are newer reviews for McGuirks

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Nice atmosphere, ocean view window seat. They do not make frozen piña colatas and their strawberry daq tastes like chemicals. Service was slow and food was sub par. The mashed potatoes were definitely the instant kind or just very bad. Not going back!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

First let me say that the hostess was very nice and our waittress was also very pleasant. My husband ordered a marguerita and said it was pretty good. Everything after that went downhill. I ordered a mediterranian salad and my husband ordered chicken quesadillas. What a disappointment! The salad came overloaded with feta cheese and it just ruined it. I tried to eat around it but after removing as much as I could the rest was stuck on everything. Most of the salad ingredients were not fresh, even some of the olives looked old and shriveled. The cucumbers had a yellowish hue in the center which signifies they are not fresh. The artichoke hearts were soggy, came from a bottle and had a funny taste. It was the same for the red peppers. I expected a fresh and crispy salad but instead I got a salad overloaded with enough olives, feta cheese, red onion, bottled peppers and pine nuts for a much bigger salad. Less is more in this case. My husband said his chicken quesadillas weren't fresh. They tasted reheated and were stale. I know it's the end of the summer season but the food should have been fresh. The reviews claimed McGuirks had the freshest food but that's certainly is not what they served. McGuirks made me want to mcpuke. I gave them one star because I couldn't give them none.

3  Thank pegaleg
Reviewed 22 August 2013

On our recent trip to Hampton Beach we visited McGuirks twice. The first time was in the evening for drinks and apps. We sat in the lower level bar area. the waitress was friendly and attentive. We had the bacon wrapped scallops and french onion soup. Both were amazing!! I wished I lived closer just to have these two things more often!! My only regret is not trying the Shark Attack drink. It's something I will try next summer when we visit!! They had a band playing. They got everyone in the bar to participate! It was a very good time!
The second night we took our family and ate dinner upstairs. Yes, we had the bacon wrapped scallops again!! The lobster stuffed haddock was fantastic as was the Shrimp and Lobster Medley. The food was very good!
We were seated next to the owners who were very sweet. They were very fun to talk to. Their granddaughter was our waitress. She was very nice and did a great job helping us that evening!
Our family will be back for sure! It's our favorite place to eat on Hampton Beach!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I am a frequent customer when I visit Hampton Beach from May-October. This is honestly the best place on the strip for fresh seafood, plus a variety of salads, both land & sea options, Irish cuisine, and delicious appetizers too. I do have my favorites (like the summer salad loaded with lobster meat on top and whole claws, or the tomato basil haddock, or the lobster roll served on a fresh sub roll- no skimpy hotdog buns here), but I do enjoy trying other meals from time to time too. I HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone visiting Hampton Beach! If you're in a rush and don't have time to dine in the bright, scenic upstairs dining room, they offer a pub menu downstairs as well.