“Rent the jacuzzi suite if u stay here!!”

Hampton Village Resort
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Sedgwick, Maine
“Rent the jacuzzi suite if u stay here!!”
Reviewed 14 May 2011

We stumbled upon this place because I java a friend nearby and everything else was full last summer when she got married. We rented the jacuzzi suite cuz everything else was full, and liked it so much we have been back many times. It is outdated, but the jacuzzi suite is the way to go. It's the price of all the other regular places in the area, and has lots of room. I have walked past the other rooms, and see why they have bad reviews, I would never stay in one of the regular rooms, but for the price and actual time spent here, the suite is the way to go.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank jillc565

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
worcester ma
Reviewed 21 September 2010

My partner & I wanted to save money on lodging and spend more money at the beach so I booked a room here. Upon entry the room was really stinky musky, we did book a smoking room but the entire room was yellow and everything smelled really foul. But we said hey whatever its just one night we'll deal. I always bring my own bedding and pillows so we put them down left for a bite and came back to go to sleep. I awoke at 3 am to a BED BUG CRAWLING TOWARDS MY FACE. I freaked out grabbed a lighter and burned it. I put it in the sink and was awake paranoid the rest of the night watching to see if my partner had any bugs on or around her. In the morning I let her know i found a bed bug and I called the mgmnt. I also refused to take a shower because there was hair all over the bottom of the tub so i wanted some one to come and look at the bug and clean out the shower so we could get the hell out of there. The owner came up denied the bug was a bed bug and washed it down the sink, then asked if we used the shower the night before insinuating it was our hair? She was rude, did not offer a comp for the room and the problems, I showed her i had been actually bitten on my arm by an obvious infestation of bed bugs and she shrugged it off like i was lying or something. Its pretty crazy they stay in business and I have called expedia to file a formal complaint. I am now going to call the board of health... And still don't know if I will even get my lousy 79 dollars back which in my opinion was waaaaaaayyyy too much for the nasty small room we had.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sylviacousins

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Much like a number of the other reviews (Oh how I wish I had a chance to read the reviews first!!!), I do not have anything good to say about this hotel/inn/dump...there were holes in the walls, paint peeling everywhere, ripped sheets, mould in the bathroom, grungy in general, out-dated furniture (like belongs in the garbage kind of out-dated), broken ice machine, gross pastries and coffee (that was supposed to be the continental breakfast, plus it was only available from 6-8am, bloody ridiculous!), out of order sauna....i could go on, but i think you get the idea - DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL - TRIP ADVISOR IS YOUR FRIEND, AND I WILL NOT FORGET TO USE IT AGAIN IN THE FUTURE!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chopper516
dover
Reviewed 19 November 2009

I have been one of the weekly tenants there. It is not a bad place at all. I will say the only bad thing I have noticed there are some of the others who reside there and don't care about the other people. I have been woken up to screaming in the next room, but the pool, hot tub, and staff have all been nice to me and my dad. They are old, but who cares how old they are. Also, the breakfast is terrible, nothing good.

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank slickjob
vermont
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Never again. My family and I stayed at this dump for the first and last time. The represented owner Paul talked with a hand out for a tip after requesting information about places to eat. The staff is rude and disrespectful. Rooms are not clean; towels ripped and old. Couples getting it on in the Jacoussi in plain view from a second floor glass endlosure. Pastry was from a local discount house representings coffe and pastry from 6 a.m. to 8 a m. The worst place I have ever stayed in my life. Never again and my family has reported this dump to the BBB in New Hampshire and talked to the State Police about the conditions existing at this place.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank VermontRichardc
boston
Reviewed 25 August 2009

I needed a place to crash for one night...last minute..this place was the only place with a room available. After reading the reviews I was skeptical, but decided to book anyways.
The hotel was dingy, dark and the front desk attendant was the rudest person I have ever encountered in my life.
I had to park my car in the lot next door, which I did not feel was safe.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
Florida
Reviewed 17 April 2009

This is my second stay here, I was here in 2007. I have NEVER seen a place deteriorate as such. It is now refuge to drug addicts, drunks and prostitutes. There are weekly patrons here that stay throughout the winter months, but the vile language and the demeanor of the guests is unacceptable. Oh yes, if you want to see a good show poolside, just watch the sexual antics in the hot tub and pool, after seeing the sexual acts that were taking place my stay came to an end. NOT a place to bring your family!!!!! The rooms are ancient with surroundings to match. The staff members are old as rock, no wonder everything goes on, they can't see I guess. UNHAPPY GUEST!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Ashworth by the Sea
Atlantic Breeze Suites
#6 of 41 in Hampton
Hampshire Inn Conference Center
Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton

Been to Hampton Village Resort? Share your experiences!