“Hotel is Crappy and staff is rude”

Hampton Village Resort
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
boston
“Hotel is Crappy and staff is rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2009

I needed a place to crash for one night...last minute..this place was the only place with a room available. After reading the reviews I was skeptical, but decided to book anyways.
The hotel was dingy, dark and the front desk attendant was the rudest person I have ever encountered in my life.
I had to park my car in the lot next door, which I did not feel was safe.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2009

This is my second stay here, I was here in 2007. I have NEVER seen a place deteriorate as such. It is now refuge to drug addicts, drunks and prostitutes. There are weekly patrons here that stay throughout the winter months, but the vile language and the demeanor of the guests is unacceptable. Oh yes, if you want to see a good show poolside, just watch the sexual antics in the hot tub and pool, after seeing the sexual acts that were taking place my stay came to an end. NOT a place to bring your family!!!!! The rooms are ancient with surroundings to match. The staff members are old as rock, no wonder everything goes on, they can't see I guess. UNHAPPY GUEST!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2008

I was really shocked to read the other reviews about this place. My family and I have been staying here at least once a year for the last 6 years (although we almost always go off season), could that be the difference?
The price is really cheap compared to anywhere else around there. The rooms have always been very clean. The pool and hot tub are always a big hit since we sometimes go in the dead of winter. The people at the front desk have always been very helpful in fact one year the man running the desk gave me his own map and gave me detailed directions to all of the lighthouses on the coast of nh and maine. They have coffee and donuts for breakfast and a small game room. Food, shopping and the beach are all close. I walk alone to the nearby stores and have never felt like I was in a bad neighborhood.
When I read the other reviews it didn't even sound like the same place. My only thought is that maybe it is really different in the high season summer months.

• Liked — The indoor pool and hot tub. The easy access to food, shopping and the beach.
  • Disliked — Nothing, we love it here.
  • Stayed April 2008
1 Thank alilus
Vermont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2007

My husband and I stayed at this "hotel" during the Seafood Festival as we could not find a hotel closer to the beach. Our first indication to turn around should have been the drug addict prostitute walking through the parking lot...although she lived apparently a couple of streets over. As soon as we walked in the "lobby", we should have turned around. It was outdated and run down and the man at the front desk was quite unfriendly. We stayed in the jacuzzi suite, the most expensive room...the tub was nice and clean, but the room felt gross and smelled of stale smoke. They never asked us if we wanted smoking or non. I just did not feel safe here. Also, the pool and hot tub area looked dirty and outdated. Needless to say, we left a day early. I didnt mind losing the money, I couldn't bear spending another night in this place. The only good thing besides the clean tub, O'Leary's Pub 2 blocks away-friendly atmosphere and great food. I will never ever stay at this place again, I would advise anyone to do the same.

• Liked — Clean Jacuzzi Tub, Access to Restaurants
  • Disliked — Dirty, Unfriendly, Unsafe
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
West Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2007

Dirty, unfriendly. Old, run-down interiors. Shabby. Just a mess, even though the exterior doesn't look that bad.

You get the remote at the front desk when you check in. I guess they don't dare leave it in the rooms?
Sign telling you may NOT fill your travel mugs with coffee from the pseudo continental breakfast bar. Ice for sale at $.25 per bucket.

I didn't notice the sign hanging in the lobby that states "No refunds, no exceptions" when I checked in, but I sure did when I checked out. That policy is a good indicator that the guests want to leave the premises as soon as they can get out of there.

They advertise some low priced rooms, but if no more of those are available when you go to register, get back in your car and beat it.

You will hate yourself for paying more than $30 bucks a night for this hotel.

• Stayed July 2007
2 Thank Olivia T
Mexico, ME
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2006

This hotel changed its "Vacancy" status to a "No Vacancy" status after I checked at a hotel up the street (Stone Gable Inn). First I drove by the Hampton Village Resort. Then I checked out the Stone Gable Inn. I told the guy at Stone Gable Inn that I was going to check around. When I got to the Hampton Village Resort it said "No Vacancy" and I confirmed this with the guy behind the desk. Then I went to the Stone Gable Inn and the guy raised the rate on his hotel. After I left there (I refused to pay more at Stone Gable Inn), I drove by the Hampton Village Resort and they "suddenly" had vacancy again. Seems like these guys want to take you for a ride!

Stayed July 2006
7 Thank OOLONGJUNKIE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Ashworth by the Sea
Atlantic Breeze Suites
#6 of 41 in Hampton
Hampshire Inn Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Hampton

Been to Hampton Village Resort? Share your experiences!