“Turn back!!!”

Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Vermont
“Turn back!!!”
Reviewed 11 September 2007

My husband and I stayed at this "hotel" during the Seafood Festival as we could not find a hotel closer to the beach. Our first indication to turn around should have been the drug addict prostitute walking through the parking lot...although she lived apparently a couple of streets over. As soon as we walked in the "lobby", we should have turned around. It was outdated and run down and the man at the front desk was quite unfriendly. We stayed in the jacuzzi suite, the most expensive room...the tub was nice and clean, but the room felt gross and smelled of stale smoke. They never asked us if we wanted smoking or non. I just did not feel safe here. Also, the pool and hot tub area looked dirty and outdated. Needless to say, we left a day early. I didnt mind losing the money, I couldn't bear spending another night in this place. The only good thing besides the clean tub, O'Leary's Pub 2 blocks away-friendly atmosphere and great food. I will never ever stay at this place again, I would advise anyone to do the same.

• Liked — Clean Jacuzzi Tub, Access to Restaurants
  • Disliked — Dirty, Unfriendly, Unsafe
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 10 July 2007

Dirty, unfriendly. Old, run-down interiors. Shabby. Just a mess, even though the exterior doesn't look that bad.

You get the remote at the front desk when you check in. I guess they don't dare leave it in the rooms?
Sign telling you may NOT fill your travel mugs with coffee from the pseudo continental breakfast bar. Ice for sale at $.25 per bucket.

I didn't notice the sign hanging in the lobby that states "No refunds, no exceptions" when I checked in, but I sure did when I checked out. That policy is a good indicator that the guests want to leave the premises as soon as they can get out of there.

They advertise some low priced rooms, but if no more of those are available when you go to register, get back in your car and beat it.

You will hate yourself for paying more than $30 bucks a night for this hotel.

• Stayed July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank Olivia T

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Mexico, ME
Reviewed 17 July 2006

This hotel changed its "Vacancy" status to a "No Vacancy" status after I checked at a hotel up the street (Stone Gable Inn). First I drove by the Hampton Village Resort. Then I checked out the Stone Gable Inn. I told the guy at Stone Gable Inn that I was going to check around. When I got to the Hampton Village Resort it said "No Vacancy" and I confirmed this with the guy behind the desk. Then I went to the Stone Gable Inn and the guy raised the rate on his hotel. After I left there (I refused to pay more at Stone Gable Inn), I drove by the Hampton Village Resort and they "suddenly" had vacancy again. Seems like these guys want to take you for a ride!

Stayed July 2006