“Pleased!”
Review of Janmere Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Janmere Motel
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Schenectady, New York, United States
“Pleased!”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

My husband and I were on vacation coming back from Myrtle Beach SC. We live in Upstate NY, So when we got home we desided to go for a ride to Vermont to see about this fleamarket not planning to stay over night anywhere. We were near Keen NH and I said lets take a ride further. Well Long story short we ended up in Hampton Beach. Now we are sure we were not going to travel back home that night so we came upon this hotel. I work for Choice Hotels myself knowing what to expect .Yes this is old school but the best old school hotel We ever stayed at.The room was very clean. bathroom spotless. Cleaner than the Choice Hotel we stayed in SC. Keep up the great work. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marietta B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I traveled to Hampton Beach with my daughter and granddaughter for a girls' getaway. We had stayed at the Janmere years ago and I'm so glad we returned.
The room was a good size with newer carpet, and the bathroom was imaculate! Dated decor as read on other reviews? Yes, but oh so clean!
Most importantly, the owners and staff were very nice and accomodating. I had read in a review that staff would sit and watch their guests. True. But I felt it to be a good thing - a way for them to watch their property, as well as say a friendly "hello" as we came back to our room. In fact, we were greeted and welcomed back each time we returned from the beach or boardwalk.
There is staff 24 hours and their presence is known, so I felt extremely safe. Justin is a fantastic and friendly night staffer. =)
And the pool!!...The cleanest and clearest of any hotel we have ever stayed at in Hampton or elsewhere!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank kbattuello
Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

I see some people give this place an excellent review, and personally there probably the neighbors who would keep your ball when it went over the fence, that's why they like this place so much, they can relate to the owners!!! Me, on the other hand, m shocked that after paying $200 a nite for a room, you can't have a guest?????!!!! Is this Germany in the 40's???? Or if your kid yells as he does a cannonball into the pool, your reprimanded and warned that if happens again, " YOUR OUTTA HERE"!!!! Really people, do yourself a favor and drive right on by the Janmere, and good reviews on this were written by the owners!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
14 Thank Townie1266

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 8 June 2012

we came here over july fourth weekend in 2011, after arriving on a whim with no reservations. we were glad to get any place, so we took it. i don't remember a bad experience that time, so we reserved the place again this year for memorial day weekend. after having read all of these reviews, i can totally see what everyone is talking about. i think the owners are a little crazy and i am not sure how they stay in business. i don't like to be negative on trip advisor but i feel it is my duty to report. you are watched like a hawk continually even if you aren't doing anything wrong. i understand they have their rules but i felt like i was on an army base. the room is small, there is no maid service included so i felt it was dirty. the bed was the most uncomfortable thing ever and my husband and i both left with back aches.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
14 Thank allisonod
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 18 January 2012

This is a quiet relaxing hotel a block from everything.I like the idea of not having a slews of visitors from other rooms.I like that we don't have riff raff hanging around to scope out our room to rob us.To many other hotels on the beach have people that are loud with their music and visitors.Very reasonable prices (cash).We also stay at other independent apartments right off the beach and have not been disappointed.We prefer to stay on the northern end of Ocean Blvd....quieter than the southern end.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 347Bella
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We arrived on Friday afternoon and checked right in - they gave us our towels (glad I brought our own) when we checked in and told us where to swap for clean ones - no room service - for the amount we paid I expected my bed to be made each day - there were friendly people sitting in the chairs across from our room when we got there - still sitting when we went for a walk - sitting there when we came back - sitting there - anyway you get the jist - so we met up with a couple of friends of ours at the beach - invited them back for a couple of drinks - hey with the economy the way it is you have to improvise - we were sitting there quietly chatting in our room (3:00 in the afternoon) when there was a knock on the door - a woman explained that there were "no visitors allowed" We saw a sign but assumed they meant over night or after certain hours - our friends got up and we were discussing where to meet up with them when this big guy came and POUNDED on the door and demand our friends leave immediately - we apologized and he stood there like a prison guard to escort them out! How rude! We aren't children - we are grown adults and to be treated like we were was not right! I recommend if you want a nice place to stay where there are friendly people DON'T CHOOSE THIS PLACE unless of course you have just been released from prison and are used to being treated as such ...

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else where you will be treated with the respect you deserve!