“Consistent Quality and Service!!”

Galley Hatch Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 113 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sturbridge, Massachusetts, United States
“Consistent Quality and Service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We dine at this fine restaurant twice every August we come to visit Hampton Beach. Although the place has seen renovations, additions and more products we never see a decrease in food quality and service. We dined last night and we had Shrimp Cocktail and Clam Chowder. The shrimp are cooked to perfection (not always the case in every restaurant) and the cocktail sauce does not make my mouth ignite in fire. We ordered Veal Marsala and I had my annual Prime Rib with Seafood Casserole. My companion said the veal was tender and delicious served with a delicious Marsala and raviolis stuffed with mushrooms. He was VERY pleased. My Prime Rib was cooked perfectly and tasted as if it were roasted that afternoon. Delicious! The casserole had plenty of tiny shrimps and abundant scallops. All baked in a lobster sauce with breadcrumbs on top. YUM! For dessert we shared the best dessert in the place the Kahlua Ice Cream Pie. This is the best thing ever created.....Vanilla and Chocolate ice creams in a chocolate crust with flavors of Kahlua infused....all sitting in a pool of home-made Hot Fudge!! SINFUL!!! If you pass this up you are missing something! Also....in the past the Homemade Chocolate pudding with toll house cookies is not to be passed up!!! The prices are a bit expensive.....but year after year we enjoy the best cuisine and excellent customer service. WELL WORTH IT!!!!!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Dale G

Kingston, RI
“Great food & friendly waitstaff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had lunch here twice. Both times the food was excellent and we were able to sit for a very long time to talk and visit with our friends.

Visited August 2014
Stratham, New Hampshire
“Good, but a little overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I've been here many times. Good for special occasions. The honey buffalo tenders are great. Nice decor in the restaurant. I would also recommend the seven layer bar. Can be a little overpriced depending on what you order, but overall a nice restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
Hampton
“Let's have coffee out on the deck!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

After church last Sunday, my wife declared, "let's go to the Galley Hatch and have coffee out on the deck", Despite the threat of rain I agreed. My wife had the quiche and I had the breakfast burrito coupled with a side order of hash browns that we shared. All was great until the downpour so we went inside. By the way the Mrs, had a bloody Mary to start off with. All in all a great way to start a lazy Sunday

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Stephen D
ALBANY NY
“great dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We wanted a place to go for a good dinner without getting all dressed up and was told by the front desk at our motel that this was the place the locals go-away from the boardwalk, not overly fussy but good food and reasonable prices. I was a little skeptical but quickly realized it was exactly what we were looking for. We got there and were seated immediately. Service was quick and the waitress was pleasant. Fast with the drinks and brought a bread basket with a mix of rolls and cornbread. I got the filet mignon with mashed and green beans all cooked perfectly. My husband and son got the seafood ravioli and raved. Our son's friend had a lobster roll for the first time and loved it. Dinner total was $110 plus tip. Overall a great experience and we will go there again on our next visit to Hampton Beach.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Galley Hatch Restaurant? Share your experiences!