“Good food, good service, GREAT DRINKS, But Overpriced!”

Sea Ketch Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 117 Restaurants in Hampton
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I went with a group of 7 of us. We went all the way to the top which has a great view of the beach! The service was first come first serve so we lucked out when 4 of us sat at a table because one table was just leaving so we all sat next to each other. The waitress was very attentive. The drinks were great! I highly recommend the Freeze Pop as it tastes just like the blue one! 2 of the guys in my group tried mine and then got the same thing! Another guy got The Matador or something like that. All I know is they said it was amazing and it had red bull in it. So mixed drinks = great! I was also surprised by their beer selection! If you want to try a fruit beer, I suggest the Sea Dog Sunfish (grapefruit). I LOVE THAT BEER! Was shocked to see it in a restaurant. I ordered the chicken ceasar salad wrap with fries. They kind of skimped out on the fries for mine but the wrap was amazing! So fresh, chicken lean and all white! It was delicious! The guys enjoyed their fish and chips and another guy enjoyed his buffalo chicken sandwich! The prices were average for a restaurant out there but still pricey. My sandwich was $9.99 which wasn't bad but then the appetizers cost the same amount pretty much! I would definitely go back. If I have extra money, I'd eat, if not, I'd just go back for the drinks! :)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

server was wonderful they took us in 10 min before opening very accommodating friendly great place over looking the beach you can sit inside or out on the deck everyone was great

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Started off by grabbing a few drinks and appetizers at the Top of The Ketch bar. Great service, good portions, and food was good too. Only downfall was drinks served in plastic cups - I felt like I was at a frat party more than a beach side bar. Things went downhill fast when we went for dinner on the 2nd floor main dining room. My husband ordered the Caribbean Chicken and I the Fried Scallops. My scallops came out OK and were good. My husbands dish however came made with two different kinds of FISH - not chicken! They don't even have a Caribbean Fish dish on their menu - so I have no idea how they even made it. We sent it back and waited forever. I was done my meal before his came back - made with the correct ingredients this time! We go the bill - nothing was comped! We complained. the manager came over and explained that she took a $10 martini off the bill, but not the food because he ate it. I have never heard of this in my life - what was he supposed to do with it?! They refused to take the full $18 cost of his meal off the bill even when we made a scene. In his opinion even if it had come out correct the first time the dish was bland and not worth the price. Avoid the dining room at this place at all costs! I hope the $8 they saved that night was worth it to them for this bad review.

2  Thank RobertC1458
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We ate at the Sea Ketch the two days while we were at Hampton Beach. My wife ate the lobster rolls twice for lunch while I had clam chowder and lobster roll one day and then the haddock for my second lunch. Both days our food was excellent. Since we aren't big fries people, they let us substitute the fries for a Caesar salad for a small fee. Thanks Sea Ketch, see you next year!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

On our last visit to Hampton Beach, NH, we always have to have lunch at the Sea
Ketch.
This time, however, we decided to get the Lobster Pie. Is was very good, but a bit on
the salty side.
While we were there, just between breakfast and lunch, we go to see what breakfast
food they had. I have to tell you that the pancakes and home fries looked pretty appetizing.
My husband and I looked at each other and said, " We should have go to breakfast".
Our lunch was very good.
We will be back for breakfast though.
A great place to eat on the Boardwalk.

Been to Sea Ketch Restaurant? Share your experiences!