“New with great deck”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I think Bernie's has great potential for the future and will get there with time. The upstairs deck is great!!! However, on windy days, umbrellas can blow away- luckily it wasn't too crowded in June when they opened. The food was really good, though a little on the pricier side... especially if you just want to go there for apps & drinks. Downside- kitchen is in the basement and my side of onion rings were cold when they reached me up on the top deck.

1  Thank Amy M

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My friend and I dined upstairs at Bernie's. We sat at the large bar instead of a table since there was only two of us. I liked they used glass for the deck border so you could see the ocean from anywhere you sat. The cocktail drink menu looked delicious! I got a Watermelon Cucumber Cooler, it was served in a plastic cup on the rocks. In my opinion, it was a lil pricey at $12. For an app, we ordered the Bacon wrapped jalapenos ($9)....they were soooo awesome!! The bacon was crispy too!! I could have ordered another one! We shared the Mahi Tacos with chipolte-gouda mashed potatoes and onion rings ($15). The tacos were good as the mahi was tender but would recommend better quality cheese (as it took away favor from the mahi). The mashed potatoes were unique and yummy! And the hand bread onion rings were excellent! (I didn't even use ketchup they were that good!)
The atmosphere was nice, I would return again. We went on a Thursday reggae night, but I didn't think that band was reggae music.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Went for my anniversary on a week night. Place was not packed. Seated right away. Waiter took a long time to come over & ask if we wanted drinks. Drinks took just as long to be made. Appetizer of chicken wings with Jamaican sauce tasted nice even though it tasted more like Mexican bean sauce. No small plates were given to us to share. Asked 1 staff for extra napkins and she never came back with them. Food was delivered at a good time frame. Husbands pork chop was hot. That was the only thing that came hot. My tips, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies and rice were room temp. Tried looking for waiter and could not see him. By the time we did get someone to acknowledge us It was too late want to deal with it. Service so slow. Food tasted good but was not kept warm. They really need to work out the kinks w/the kitchen & wait staff. Probably will not be back there again for that service & price.

1  Thank Kell68
Reviewed 8 August 2013

When we saw that there was a new bar in town, we had to try it. There were 12 of us in our group and we all were going out for drinks and possibly food. The drinks were severely lacking in alcohol and 2 in our group were unable to get their original drink requests. One had asked for a frozen mudslide and we were told that only certain bartenders will make them, so pick a 2nd drink just in case. Really?!

Our drinks took forever to come to us, so after 1 drink we all decided to move on. Our check came back with us being charged for the drinks they were unable to make for us so we had to wait again. Overpriced drinks with barely any alcohol and the margaritas were severely lacking. Seemed like they used one mix and just put full berries into them unmuddled.

2  Thank JessMinz95
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We made reservations for 11 people, and when we got there, they didn't have our reservation. Great waitress, but terrible servers.. Didn't know what the food was, and had bad attitudes..

2  Thank SunshineC516

Been to Bernie's Beach Bar? Share your experiences!