“Good food, slow service”
Review of Bernie's Beach Bar

Bernie's Beach Bar
Ranked #13 of 115 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We decided to stop here for afternoon drinks/appetizers. We went upstairs and were immediately seated at a table overlooking the beach. The waitress was over right away to take drink order and was very friendly. I got a beer and my fiance got a frozen margarita. The margarita was weak and nothing special... especially for $10 or whatever. We got the lobster rangoon app and the hummus/tabouleh app. Both came out very quickly. The rangoon was superb...highly recommended. The hummus plate was good... lots of veggies, pita etc. But once done with our drinks and food, we sat there quite a long time with no visit from our waitress. Finally at some pointisaw her in the distance and got her attention to bring the check. We paid cash to avoid waiting even longer. Was $50 with tip, little pricey for a snack and a drink but typical of Hampton eateries on the beach.

There are newer reviews for Bernie's Beach Bar

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have been coming since last August. Visited different days, times. Outcome still the same. The atmosphere, food and value keep Mr going there will be a change in service. This last time I felt unless you were going and hot forget out. My boyfriend and I waited for a long time for the check so we both got up and went to the rest room (DIRTY) we came back and there were other people sitting at out table. Yes we paid the check. But what does that tell you?

Reviewed 3 August 2014

First time here, last year, was bad. Second time this year was much better. Service was on the ball. Food was hot and tasty. Good portion sizes. Seating was 15 minute wait when we were told 30. So that was good. Outdoor seating at the beach is nice. A little pricey for me though.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

LOVE the fact this place is about the movie, Weekend at Bernies! I did the Bernie dance when I walked up the stairs. So when you sit upstairs in the front, you have a GREAT view of the beach!

The waitress was extremely slow! Our appetizer came out BEFORE she took our order! It was ridiculous! We had to ask for our check after she had brought us boxes and no checks.

We ordered nachos with steak as an appetizer and it was DELICIOUS. The steak was sooo good! I highly recommend this!

As for the rest of the meals they were average. I got a grilled chicken ceasar salad wrap which I did not care for. They made it with the blackened chicken that I hate. Had it mentioned that on the menu I wouldn't have gotten it! My boyfriend got a burger that he said wasn't as good as it sounded but was okay. Fish and chips were average (nothing to write home about) and I can't remember what my other friend got but that was also average! The drinks were okay/average. Compare the drinks to the Sea Ketch and they are less than average!

If you want great nachos go here, otherwise, walk a little further down the road and eat at Sea Ketch - they have great food and AMAZING DRINKS!

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

So, my significant other and I decided to take a late night stroll on a Tuesday night (during the busy season). I've gone to hampton beach for a very long time and have never been overly impressed with restaurants on the strip; but I have to say that I was really offended by the food and drinks that were served at Bernie's.

I ordered a makers with a splash of sour and quickly noticed the random floaters in my plastic cup. I almost would say that the cups seemed reused? Also.. There was also a fruit fly. It happens, I get it, no bar is perfect. But it legitimately seemed like everyone working there just had zero craps to give.

The selling point to Bernie's was that they were one of the only sit down restaurants that served food. There was a late night menu available, so we ordered jalapeño wrapped bacon, which felt like it had the potential to make patrons sick. Really. I was almost scared to eat the bacon. You could tell it sat for a long time. And the nachos... Hard to mess up nachos, right? WRONG. I would bet dollars to donuts that the nachos sat under a heat lamp for over an hour. The nachos were stale and soggy.

There is no love in that place. Honestly I would rather have the kitchen close than to ever eat that food again. It was so terrible. And with a $62 tab, (plus $15 tip) I would never go back. I would say, if anything, go back during peak hours. Not for late night.