“Great crabcakes”

Ron's Landing At Rocky Bend
Ranked #5 of 117 Restaurants in Hampton
Price range: US$0 - US$29
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, View, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The food was good but not the most memorable; maybe it was the bottle of wine that makes me forget! I do remember the crab cakes were the best I've ever had. The waiter was awesome and the beach-centered decor added to the experience. Very romantic environment.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I must admit, I have a condo just blocks away from Ron's Landing...which might explain why I feel justified in giving this restaurant a 5 star rating.

1. Food: the seafood is remarkably fresh and they will cook it however you like. Indeed, I have an allergy to scallops and was able to get some dishes without said scallops and they were wonderful.
2. Service: this is a cloth napkin establishment, but the wait staff is friendly and willing to do whatever is needed to make their customers happy. (Shout out to Carolyn!!) The owner is a pearl amongst men. Just remember: make a reservation early to get the best seats on the 2nd floor by the window looking out on the ocean!
3. Price: Okay, unless you show up on Thursday or Sunday and the price is phenomenal, due to the fact that one can order the smaller sized fare. $25 to $35 (going on memory, here, don't hold me to it) with a very good wine list.
4. Wine: by the glass? Okay. I always end up ordering a Malbec. By the bottle? Excellent. So if you and your date/spouse/whatever have the same taste in wine, you can get something brilliant.
5. Entertainment: Okay, this isn't my bag, but when I've been there on nights when there's a band, it's always a band that's pleasant to listen to and not overbearing. More 80s and top hits that aren't disturbing than NIN.

I am looking forward to going back this season....yes, they're open all year. After Labor Day, it's Wednesday through Sunday. No touristas. No loud children. No inappropriate shorts and too small tank tops with questionable ink.... Ahhhhhh......heaven........(FYI, nothing against ink....just poorly done, unartistic ink.....)

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking for a new dinner experience and we came upon Ron's Landing. located in on Hampton Beach (across the street) It doesn't look great from the outside, but it is very nice on the inside. Tastefully decorated and have enough walls to lower the sound.

The waiter was awesome and very helpful and patient. The food was great and the cocktails and wine were very good as well. It is a little pricey but the portions were larger than expected and the food was excellent. You will need a reservation so you don't wait.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Went here this week with my son. Were in Hampton for a few days before he heads back to college. The menu is small and he didn't find anything he wanted, well, he didn't want me to spend $38 for the lamb chops. He ended up ordering the steamers off the appetizer menu. I had one of the specials. It was a mixed seafood dish with tortellini. I also had a side salad. The salad is huge and very fresh. It was missing the garlic croutons as noted on the menu. The house balsamic is outstanding. The salad was large enough to share with my son. My son loved the steamers as they are cooked with sausage and corn. He poured the liquid off after he was done eating the steamers so he could eat the reminents on the bottom. He wanted to drink the juice, but said it was too salty. It came with a side of bread for dipping. My meal was the best I've had in a long time. It came with two large shrimp, a large scallop, mussels, and lobster meat. The sauce was amazing. I spooned up as much as I could reasonalby do. It also had homemade artichoke hearts in it. I would definitely go back, even though $30 for a meal is a bit pricey.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Ron's Landing is one of my all-time favorite restaurants anywhere. Yes, it's pricey but WELL WORTH the money. Just stayed for a week at Hampton Beach and ate here 3 nights. Wonderful service, nice atmosphere, in walking distance of most hotels at Hampton Beach. The baked stuffed haddock was the best I've ever had. Good drinks and there is a bar with live music on the second floor with ocean views.