“Worst hotel in Hampton Beach!!!!!”
Review of Moulton Hotel

Moulton Hotel
Ranked #36 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I would never return to the Moulton Hotel, even if you paid me. Not only was the place crawling with bed bugs and smelt like cat urine, but the staff hardly spoke a word of English and conned my friends and I out of $100!! Upon our arrival, my girlfriends and I paid our remaining balance for our rooms. Half was paid with a debit card, the other in cash (which the staff member conveniently put directly into his pocket...) We received a receipt showing a zero balance which we had signed by a member of management. The following night after we enjoyed dinner on the boardwalk, we were told by a different staff member that we could not enter our room until we paid the remainder of our bill..a balance of $90. Beacause it was late and we wanted to get back to our (bug infested) rooms, and there was no manager for us to speak with, we paid the $90 with the intentions of speaking to owner/management in the morning. The following morning once the owner was in, he informed us that we did not in fact pay the correct amount in cash..that we had given him a $10 instead of a $100....This statement was 100% false. Seeing as I have worked at a bank for over 10 years now, I am used to handling money and know that the correct amount of money was given... When we asked to speak to the staff member that had handled our transaction we were told he was busy at the moment. I asked if there was video surveillance that might be able to clear up the discrepancy but was told that we could not see the footage... Needless to say, the police were called and there was nothing they could do for us. Moral of the story.... unless you want your legs covered in bed bug bites, floors covered in hair and food from previous guests, moldy shower ceilings, and unprofessional staff... DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michelle B

Reviewed 19 August 2012

...it is what it is,folks...its Hampton Beach,NH..not The Hamptons on Long Island!!..the shower was temperamental,the rooms are tiny,et cetera et cetera....we didnt go to the ocean to watch T.V. or be catered to....it might not be my first choice of hotels again,but i didnt see any bugs,or sleep on soiled bedding...we bought coffee and food on the boardwalk with the rest of the masses and were just happy to be at the beach!!!...which is literally just steps away.Went with my sister and 9 yr. old for 2 nights,we were happy...all of these complaints i see could happen at your neighborhood Wal-Mart any day of the week.....I paid for a safe,happy stay at the ocean,NOT THE ROOM....would not kill me to stay here again...Thanx,Moulton;)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Upon arrival I wanted to put items in the small fridge and before I could I had to wipe it out. Food crumbs and hair were in the bottom of the fridge. Trying to sleep that night the air conditioner was not cooling anything. The dial was broken. The bathroom on my cruise was bigger then the one in the motel room. There were no outlets in the bathroom to plug in a hairdryer and the only one we could use was an extension cord that had the tv and the air conditioner plugged into. The television is on a side wall so you could not really watch tv unless you wanted a stiff neck. Very overpriced for a one queen bed,not ocean front. To top it off the owner parked blocking the cars in the tiny very tight parking lot we were in. His white SUV left white paint on my black bumper which could be matched up and he denied it. So you are better off parking in the lot 4 blocks away then the tiny one they supply! The answer: Find someplace else to stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewHampshireLaura54
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. The first night they made us park our car far off in a municipal parking lot after we were told we would be able to park right around the corner when we made reservations two weeks before our stay. The room was so small and had no place to sit except on the beds to watch tv. The bathroom was a joke, my closet at home is bigger then it as it was very dirty had a lot of soap scum and dirt in the stand up shower(gross) and to use the toilet your knees hit the bathroom door. The only thing this hotel has going for it is the view for the room, but they really have to do some cleaning up this hotel and it is not handcap friendly as you have to climb up a flight of stairs to get to the front desk, and when we were leaving we told them that the fire exits were blocked and he said ya...liked he really cared. (Big joke).

Room Tip: never stay there is all I can say.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 19diw
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights. It was a nice place. We had a small room with a double bed, and one sofa bed. The bed was comftorable.The sofa bed was not leveled at all, had to put pillows to level the matress, the only thing that was a bugger. The rest was clean and afordable and very friendly. The breakfast was good, bagels and cream cheese and butter, cinnamon rolls, danishes, milk, juice and all sorts of cearels and milk. Bathroom was quite small, but the toilet bowl was hard to flush and the sink overflowed. Overall, it was a nice, and friendly hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nuggetxo
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Had a two night stay here. Parking is far off at a municipal parking lot. Not convenient at all. The room soooo small, no chairs in room need to sit on bed. The room was not clean . The only good thing about this hotel is its location and the view from front room balconies. With everything else as bad as it was even the view fom balcony doesn't make up for the rest of the place...

Room Tip: What you see online is not always the way it really is
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patchette_12
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I made reservation at this hotel and then cancelled them 5 days early and was still charge for the room. When i called the hotel they informed me they next got my cancellation even thhough they gave me a cancellation #. Stay Away!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay Away!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple