“Awesome place to stay!”

Ranked #37 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Delmar, New York, United States
“Awesome place to stay!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My husband and I with our son just returned from a 3 night stay at the Moulton Hotel. The service was excellent. We were a little nervous after reading the reviews but found none of them true and had an excellent time. The room was clean and the service was wonderful! The continental breakfast was also excellent!. The fireworks viewed from the balcony was great. I don't think we could have asked for anything more. I would definitely recommend this hotel! JoAnn from Albany, NY

Room Tip: We stayed in room 22 and have a lovely ocean front view and plenty of room for the 3 of us!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Joann R

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sheffield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 July 2014

When we showed up they tell us our room wasn't ready,2 hours later we check in and the room is horrible. We reserved a room we ocean front balcony and we get brought to a side alley room barely big enough for a single couple let alone 2 adults and to on young children. Place is a death trap.our BROKEN fold out sofa complete with dirty clothes that didn't fit next to the BROKEN bed was OK if u like sleeping with another bed literally on top of yours. After we told them we were not happy about the room the front desk people who were not there finally helped they put us on the phone with the owner who rudely told us he wasn't going to refund our money and because sorry u don't like the room but he was not going to refund our money. If u want to enjoy beautiful Hampton beach don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank moeguy

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This place is disgusting. We found other people's clothes in our bed and couldnt check in because the room was not ready. The sofa was broken and laid 2 inches on top of the full bed so we couldn't move around at all absolutely not worth the charges for this closet. The owner if that's what you call him has the mangement skills of a rude 5 year old brat and does not deserve a penny from hard working families. Shame on them and the rude staff.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Rania B
Nottingham, New Hampshire
Reviewed 2 July 2014

THIS IS THE MOST HORRIBLE PLACE I'VE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF STAYING THE NIGHT AT!! AND OTHERS I TALKED TO THERE AGREED WITH ME!! We reserved and paid for an ocena front room with 2 queen size beds. Upon arrival, we were put in a room in the back, on the roof, overlooking the alley and the a/c equipment, with 1 tiny full size bed and 2 tiny twin size beds - which gave us all horrible back aches in the morning! When I complained, the owner actually told me that was the room I requested and he didn't have any others, even though while I was waiting for 'my room', he gave someone else the room I reserved and paid for! This place is horrible!! And the owner wouldn't switch my room, give me a refund or even a discount, and parking is a mile away and you have to pay for that, too!! Whatever you do - DON'T STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!! - You don't get the room you reserved and paid for!!! This pl...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Teresa F
Putnam, Connecticut
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Where do I even begin?! First of all, nowhere on the website does it state that it is NOT handicapped accessible. In fact, in order to get to the front desk you must climb up a full set of steep stairs. Once you have checked in....you have have to climb another set of steep stairs to get to your room. The private parking that is included is so far away and the lot is so small that it is almost impossible to maneuver. Now imagine having to unload your car, walk forever, and then have to haul everything up two steep flights of stairs. The poor girl at the front desk did not know how to check us in and suggested that I borrow her cell phone and contact the number written on a sign that said "If you have questions, please call....." Ok. Once we finally climbed Mt. Everest with all of our belongings, we opened the hotel room door to find a room the size of a walk in closet. Keep in mind that this room was booked for 4 adults and a toddler and had two queen beds and a fold out couch. The room was so small that once we put down our suitcases, there was no place for us to walk. The fold out couch could not be opened because there was not enough space to open it!!! The so called deck had been recently covered with new carpeting....but they failed to replace the soft and rotting boards underneath and we feared attempting to squeeze onto it for fear that we would fall to the ground.We had no hot water for showers!!!!! Numerous complaints and long wait times proved futile for we would only manage to get enough hot water for 1 1/2 showers! The floor around the beds was soft and spongy in places and I was worried about whether it was actually safe. The bathroom was clean, but very tiny and the door opened up against the bed. The management seemed indifferent to our numerous requests for hot water. In fact, we never received one apology!! Honestly, the place is a fire trap! Stay clear!!!!!

4 Thank llml4
Albany, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This place is absolutely disgusting!! they overcharge for a room the size of a closet, which by the way is nothing more than a tiny space with a plastic pipe used for plumbing and no hangers. The bathroom was the most awful thing, the toliet had a huge crack on the side of it with a filthy plunger next to it what does that tell you? the rugs were filthy, the tv was plugged in with the box on top of the tv and a sign that says if you use the a/c (which was so dirty) that you had to not use the tv at the same time!!! the refrigerator was so dirty you didn't want to put water in it. The so called veranda was about 2ft wide with two half broken chairs and a table with cigarette burns on it and the screen door had holes so big a cat or dog could go thru. The linens on the bed were so old and dingy and the curtains that were hanging were from the 70's which also were so dirty and smelled so bad. This place is so bad it should not be listed at all on this site. I am surprised the Health Dept. doesn't shut them down. The staff was rude and always sitting on their sofa or wasn't there at all. They never came to "clean" if it's possible the room or bring towels we had to finally ask for them and they never picked up the dirty ones!!!! I have been travelling for years and I have to say this place is the absolute most disgusting one I have ever been too. My advice, for your own health,drive by this place and never ever look back!! The absolute filthy, disgusting dump ever!!!!

Room Tip: go to another place
6 Thank 192Shelly
mechanicville ny
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I don't know where to start... first the website says all renovated rooms it is a lie! We stayed on June 20th to June 23rd 2014. Just got home and couldn't wait to leave this review. I had room #3 two double beds and a so called veranda. the bed I slept in had a huge dip in the middle it was right out of a comedy movie! there was a sign on the microwave that said please do not use the airconditioner and microwave at the same time! The AC was filthy. The rug was stained and filthy. The bed spreads and linen looked like they came out of a thrift shop. The screen to the veranda was ripped with huge holes. the veranda was 3ft long two chairs barely fit out there. there were crackes in the ceiling and dirt spots on the ceiling and walls.It was a filthy shabby(and I don't mean shabby chic) room. I cringed to be in there. the sink was outside the bathroom the shower and curtain were disgusting. Now lets discuss the toilet.. first the toilet seat was so old with chips out of it.. on the side of the toilet was a huge crack we didn't know how many more times of use before it let loose. There was a filthy plunger next to the toilet. on the back of the toilet was a dirty old basket and it was completely broken holding one bar soap and a shampoo and a conditioner. A picture of Alaska was in the bathroom all beat up.Now heres a good part.. after the first nights stay we left the room for part of the day came back and the dirty towels and beds weren't touched. I immediately went to the so called lobby and asked why it wasn't cleaned she said I didn't put the tag on the door knob . I told her both sides say do not disturb!!! she didn't have an answer for me and went and got towels but no one took the dirty ones or made our beds. I was charged 412.00 for that discusting experience. The only good thing was the view. So please do not stay there the website shows rooms that do not exist!! I would give this a minus star but there are none available. one more thing... I was about to leave gave the old fashioned keys back and she said I couldn't ck out till I turned in the parking pass and she said you might give it to someone to use. Now the parking was down one street take a left and up another street way away from the motel. the spots were sooo tight I went and checked my car constantly. so I went to the car got the handwritten so called pass and gave it to her. this place is a staircase up before you get to the so called lobby so it is not handicap accessable.

Room Tip: no room is good
5 Thank bellacinderella