“Don't trust phone reservations”

Windjammer By The Sea
Ranked #3 of 13 Hampton B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Don't trust phone reservations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

I read Tripadvisor reviews and was quite comfortable in reserving this B&B.
Reservation: I talked to Anne and she was lovely at the phone. She promised for me and my 2 daughters a room with seaview, balcony and kitchen. She said I'd really love it.
On arrival: Rick was extremely kind, however asked for prepayment before I went up to the room. I did not see why not, I paid (no receipt, just CC slip) and there I went...
Room: # 40, very small, low ceiling, no kitchen (you cannot call a fridge and a microwave oven a kitchen facility), awful beds (too soft, really poor quality) and no balcony nor seaview at all. Positive side: brand new bathroom.
Deception: I was promised something else. I did not want to spoil my very small 4 day holiday fighting my hosts, so I accepted. I was expecting to be moved to another room, but it did not happen. Anne said she was sorry, but did nothing.
My tip? Trry another place, or get a written reservation with all details you can get.

The inn is very well located, not so far from the state beach, where it is alwas

Room Tip: Stay at the Best Western and use your car to go to the beaches if you want a nice sleep and breakfas...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DKanada
Rick P, Manager at Windjammer By The Sea, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
This review is states that I demanded payment before the customer was able to view the room, which is not the case. I do normally accept payment during the guest registration. However any guest who would like to see the room before payment is welcome to do so. If a guest thought the room wasn't up to their expectations they wouldn't be required to stay. The room this guest mentions is the corner room on the third floor. It is not an oceanfront room, however there is very large balcony on the other side of the building which is reserved for guests in this room. That might be where the misunderstanding was made. Not all of our rooms are oceanfront which is reflected in the price. We would be happy to fit everyone into an oceanfront room, but most are reserved months in advance and usually for 1 weeks stay checking in on Saturday and leaving on the following Saturday. There are only two people here who take phone reservation myself, and my mother Anne. We would never intend to be deceptive and try to describe each room best we can. I hope to some day have pictures of each room so that customers will be able to see online which room they are reserving.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hurst, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Anne And Ricky And Richard And Lindsey Are The Best Hotel Managers Ever This Hotel Is Home Away From Home Just With An Amazing Hotel Staff And View If Your Ever Looking For A Quiet And Relaxing Get Away Come To The Wind Jammer By The Sea! And Your Kids Will Love Boogie Boarding And Lessons And There Is A Surf Shop Right Next To You Called Cinnamon Rainbows Rent Boogie Boards For 7 Dollars A Day (A Absolute Steal) And Surf Board Paddle Boards And Wet Suits So If You Love Vacations You Will Love The Windjammer By The Sea!

Room Tip: All Rooms On The 1st 2nd and 3rd Floor With Ocean Front Views Are Amazing If You Have A Big Family A...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Collin S
Livingston, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

The Windjammer is the perfect get-a-way. Anne, Richard and Rick take great pride in providing great care for their guests. You are warmly greetted on arrival and treated like family during your stay. You can see North Hampton Beach from the inn and it is only a short walk to enjoy the ocean. I have discovered a little bit of heaven and look forward to many return trips. I cannot give a recommendation high enough for the Windjammer. It is beyond a 5 star.

Room Tip: I was in room 17 which is on the first floor and has a full plus a twin size bed and a sofa sleeper...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
berne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012 via mobile

Travelling with two small boys (3 and 4 years old), we found Hampton Beach terribly run-down, well past its haydays. Finding the Windjammer, a 200+ year old building about a mile or two north of the city center proved to be a wonderfulgift. Anne and Richard are the perfect hosts. They are keeping their "Grand Old Lady" in impeccable shape and are catering for every possible need. Be it two waveboards for the boys, noodles for the nice pool, buckets to play in the sand, some extra tea bags, invaluable advice on what to do, etc., etc.... Our cozy little apartment (#35) on the ground floor proved to be the perfect starting point for all of our adventures in the area. On top of everything, the beach nearby is gorgeous and there is a great place to dine just around the corner. All in all, it is both, the Windjammer itself, plus Anne and Richard's dedication who make the difference. Our family is voting it the clear number one in the area.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Canton, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

The Windjammer is the best place to stay here in Hampton, hands down. Super clean. Super dedicated staff. Adorable place with beautiful rooms in view. A great place for surfers, families and everybody in between. My best friend and I are in college and wanted to start an annual surf trip where we could meet up and Surf "The Wall" and the Windjammer was perfect. The owners are amazing and you will not be disappointed. We will definitely becoming back again and again and again! Trust us, this is the best place to stay !!! "You will want to come back !!! "

Room Tip: Ranges of no to full kitchens. Ann is really accommodating so give her a call and she can definitely...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kelly A
Glenville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

Words alone can not express the experience that awaits you at the Windjammer. It has been our family's little piece of heaven for many years now. We have a large family and have been making the Windjammer our summer vacation destination as often as possible over the last 25 or so years. Although our children are grown now, they were infants when we first started going to the Windjammer. Despite what might be considered overwhelming to a motel proprietor (a family of 7 children) we were always welcomed with open arms and treated with hospitality that is second to none. As adults, our children still want to stay at the Windjammer with some of them bringing their families. The Windjammer exudes a charm and home-type comfort you won't find any place else because Anne, Richard and their children work tirelessly to insure that their guests are happy and can relax. They are genuine, hard working people that understand the needs of their guests and accomodate them as much as it is within their power to do so. The motel is clean, quiet, and in a great location. The minute I enter the property I can feel all the stress of everday life disappear and I am totally relaxed. I highly recommend the Windjammer to anyone looking to stay in the Hampton Beach area!

Room Tip: Anne, Richard and family are very accomodating and will help you select the best room based on what...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Terri C
Metrowest Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

We wanted to spend one night in Hampton Beach but couldn't reserve ahead due to 2 night minimums everywhere. So, we set out "winging it" We drove from the Boardwalk area along the coast and called a few places. No vacancy. We saw Windjammer and immediately turned around.

At first I was worried that the small first floor room (bottom left when looking at hotel) was too small. But the price was right and the location seemed good. So we took the room. We soon realized it has every comfort and was IMMACULATE! No smell, no dust. Yes, it's decorated a bit like Grandma would have it, but really it was quaint and like I said CLEAN that I really appreciated it.

We fell in love with this area. The restaurant next door was great for dinner and breakfast. We walked miles on the beach. Rocking on the complimentary cushioned rockers outside our room was divine.

Overall, we'd love to go back. We saw what was available on the strip and say no thanks. Windjammer really was more than we expected.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple