Windjammer By The Sea
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$131
US$107
Hillcrest Inn(Hampton)
US$153
Ashworth by the Sea(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$120
  • Pool
US$153
  • Beachfront
US$73
US$71
US$97
Atlantic Breeze Suites(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$152
Grand View Motel(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$119
  • Free Internet
US$82
  • Pool
All reviewshomemade sconesacross the streetrocking chairsthird floornext morningrickanneoceanmotelbalconiesdeck
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2010

My family has been staying at the WIndjammer for 4 generations. This inn is now 210 yrs old and the Pouliot family has done wonders at keeping it updated and well maintained. This is a gem at Hampton Beach and you are made to feel like part of the family. The Pouliots go out of their way to make sure you have a good experience there. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. Can not ask for a better view. This is a quiet area of the beach.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank pippenAugusta
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I stayed in this hotel as a last minute booking due to to the fact that my original hotel was awful. The owners of this hotel were absolutely wonderful and beatiful people. Everyone here was kind. The ocean front room was beautiful and the view was amazing. The room was extremely clean and homey. I will definatley return for years to come. I hope that others will visit this wonderful place as well.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Becky8829
Reviewed 3 September 2010

The Windjammer By-The-Sea is a great place to relax, to enjoy North Hampton Beach, to hop, skip and jump to the beach, to feel like you are part of the Anne, Richard and Rick Pouliot family. Kudos to Rick! And a special thanks to Anne for the scones and bottle of wine.
HIGHLY recommended by us!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thearts
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I searched all of the reviews I could find on all of these sights and Windjammer sounded like a great place (a couple of reviews notwithstanding). We literally looked (from St Louis) at probably a hundred places, but something seemed right about Windjammer. We had one day to spend on the ocean and we wanted to get it right.

So we took a chance and booked.

We were thrilled! Rick met us as we parked and he was terrific. He took our bags to the room, got us some ice, helped us to get online--the service was great.

The building was in excellent shape--but still had character. I'm not sure how old it is (100 years?) but it's been well taken care of. As I sat on our balcony (second floor, ocean front) I looked around me and was glad we didn't choose the newer, modern places that were nearby. It felt like we had gotten it right.

The ocean is just across the street. Windjammer is at the north end of Hampton Beach and that was great with us--it wasn't crazy crowded where we were. But a quick walk would have had us in the busiest section. I personally liked our section--a little rocky area to our left, smooth sand as far as the eye could see on the right.

A great bar just around the corner with good food (North Beach Bar and Grill), Beach Plum ice cream half a mile north--it was a great location for us.

I slept like a rock. Got up at 5am to see the low tide, went right back to sleep. Beds were really comfortable. I had just injured my back and didn't want a bed that was too soft, it was perfect. The little air conditioner gave us the perfect amount of relief from the warm afternoon. Private bath. The room was compact, but we weren't there to hang out in the room. The balcony was great.

A very friendly, CLEAN, family feel.

We will definitely be back. It was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank wyliejg
Reviewed 6 September 2009

The Windjammer has a good location clse to all the action on Hampton Beach. If you are looking for generic "Best Western" style of accomodations , prepare to be dissapointed . The rooms are clean , comfortable and all have a unique style . There are little knick-nacks everywhere and it reminded me of some guest houses that I have visited in England . The host Ann, was friendly and extremely welcoming and I can understand why people come back here year after year . The rates are very fair and there is everything you need to enjoy a pleasant stay .

Some of the rooms are very small and have shared bathrooms so you may want to check on your room first . The ones on the first floor have lovely ocean views with large private decks .

Bottom line- not fancy but an old fashioned beach spot that has a considerable amount of charm.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family