“just got home from vacation”
Review of Emerald Isle Motel

Emerald Isle Motel
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
“just got home from vacation”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

new owners!! they have remodeled all the rooms. new beds, flooring, paint etc. very clean and reasonable priced. i just got home from a 4day stay and it was wonderful. the new owners are very friendly and family oriented. they made us feel very welcome. housekeeping came everyday with fresh towels and linens. they took the garbage,vacuumed and clean the bathrooms as well. it was a fun stay and we will be going back again. the new owners have definitely done an amazing job and are currently working on remodeling the outside pool as well.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank sweetjams06

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Just to let everyone know, this place USED to be nasty and filled with bed bugs, but it is now owned by other poeple and they've done a serious cleaning.
I stayed there for two nights, and there were no bugs at all. The place is cute, quiet and very close to the beach by car (5-10mins).
According to some previous comments, the new owners must have put a lot of money and effort, because this place is pretty cool and very clean. Thumbs up !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank phs_22
Portsmouth, NH
Reviewed 25 July 2012

The hotel has recently changed owners, so our stay was fantastic! The rooms were so clean, and everyone was so nice and accomodating!
It was a great location - close to everything, but not right on Hampton Beach. Can't wait to go back next year!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Krysdes
Nowhere
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I stayed there for a while. We got there and we had been there a week when my husband and my self had bug bites. When I told the woman she said they are sand fleas. How the hell did I get sand fleas when I do not go to the beach. We later found the bed bugs. They moved us to another room and a few days later bed bugs again. The owners did nothing about it. b Those owners are now gone. I do know that they got condemned and the place has had a complete over haul. I do not think they take pets anymore. It should be a really nice place now. Check it out. Do give it another chance. I live around the corner and have seen the work that has been done. My husband also did some fence repair there in the last month. The comment that was left with a response from doeboy is not a lie. It was sooooo true. Doeboy lied. Like I said I stay for a while. I lived there in 1 of the rooms!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank MinnieMouse196052

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Hampton, NH, USA
Reviewed 29 February 2012

If you like bed bugs and other bugs, dirty floors, ripped curtains. non-working toiltets and more....this is the place for you
I put my foot on the floor for a minute and when I looked down it was covered in bed bugs.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank christinakr
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My boyfriend and I. Prepaid 1 week at the Emerald Isle Motel. When we got there we were very tired and just wanted a relaxing first night. We went to bed and shut the lights off!! Big mistake. Because that's when all the bed bugs came out from living in the dirty stained mattresses! Just like I read in another review of this place the woman said she "imagined little bugs biting her all night" my bf was completely covered from head to toe in itchy bug bites. I was so scared to go back into the room unless my bf checked the matresses. He flipped them up and stretched out a hole that was already there. 100s OF BED BUGS CAME OUT OF MATTRESS!!! We left all our clothes and bags right at the hotel cuz I Developed a bug phobia and wasn't taking those nasty things home with me!! Don't bring ur kids into this environment for them to get eaten alive like my bf did.

• Stayed November 2011
4 Thank fast2
Poultney, Vermont
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I recently vacationed to hampton beach with a few friends and made reservations here. My friend had stayed here before with her family many times in the past, but it was under different owners. The new owners guided me to the office, after we found them in their room, and had us check in. May I add that the male owner had holes all over his shirt and the woman was trashy. Later that night I went to shut the curtains and the entire thing fell down! Another thing that broke was the bed as soon as I sat on it to go to sleep(and keep in mind I'm a 120lb girl.) Thank goodness that was the only thing wrong with the bed. Our neighbors, however, were not as lucky. Their bed was infested with BED BUGS and the owner wasn't even going to give a refund to them until the man threatened to call the health department on them. Our bathroom door also had "F*** you Phil" written on it. And talk about lousy service, the owners were never to be found, only provided one roll of toilet paper for our two-night stay, and didn't even make the bed or provide fresh towels in the morning.

I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy! NEVER STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank B3485bs
doeboy01, Owner at Emerald Isle Motel, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
I am writing in response to the recent post defaming my motel. The customer who wrote this review was unruley and had eight (8) people in a two person room and were creating a disturbance late into the night when they were asked to settle down and asked that the overflow of people leave. They were spoken to on more than one occasion during their stay and were untilmatly asked to leave. The room was inspected immediatly upon this report and there was no trace of bed bugs. We also have an exterminator that checks the rooms once a month in addition to our weekly inspections by management. In addition, other guests have been in that room since and there has not been any complaints.

This post is as a result of a guest who wanted to rent a room to party and were unable to party all night because this is a family-friendly environment and does not allow disturbing parties by the guests. We recieved complaints about these guests from the other guests staying at the motel.

We are sorry they were unhappy with their stay but putting out defamitory, false information on the Internet is not the way to handle the situation. I would like this post removed as a result of it's false and inaccurate information.