“Very good value.”

Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Kirkland, Canada
“Very good value.”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Very friendly and helpful owner and staff. Quiet and very well situated considering your not in one of those noisy and crowded beach Motels that are at least double the price and yet no better other than proximity.
All 29 units are on ground floor which means no stairs to deal with and 5 or 6 of these units are rented all year long.
First day I discovered a defective fridge (bar style) and within an hour or so they had raced out to Home Depot to get me a brand new one and twice the size. Very helpful!
All was very clean and definitely NO bed bugs were to be found as reported in previous years with different management. Unfortunately thay had severely tarnished the motel's reputation. New owners are investing a lot of effort and money in turning things around. Installed new doors and many new beds. Several AC units were upgraded. Satellite TV worked well and had dozens of chanels but 20 inch screen could be a bit larger.
Word of caution; if you go, do bring a bit of cutlery because next to nothing is provided. They claim that too many tourists throw things out or steal them. As a matter of fact, while I was there, one client even went as far as to steal the old style wall mounted thermostat from his room! I just couldn't believe the nerve of some people!

Bottom line, even thought it was not perfect, I am still glad I chose that place for my 4 day stay in Hampton beach, over other possible choices in a similar price range and within several miles.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Leominster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 July 2013

So, last week I made a reservation to stay at this motel. I decided that the location and all else worked for me. Check in was not before 2PM. At appoximately, 6PM, I receive a call from a staffer at the motel who told me not to come to the motel because they don't have the vacancy. I had made the reservation through priceline. I have never had this happen to me before. The lady from the hotel tells me to go to another motel and that she had already called them. I arrived to that other motel, just to be told that they were not sure why I was there without a reservation. I had to spend 30 minutes with talking to the people of both motels. They even tried to charge me more at the new motel where I ended up staying. Later on that night, I spoke to someone who told me that this had happened to them as well. A person who works in the area also told me that this motel has a history of overbooking and then cancelling.
Throughout the entire time, I have my son with me and by now he is sitting in the car, hungry, tired and just wanted to go to sleep.
I have reported this to priceline and I am hoping they don't do business with them anymore.
You should be very careful with places like this one.

Room Tip: Always double check your hotel reservations directly with the hotel / motels.
Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank joelgomez

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Management and staff made our stay a memorable one. The manager was very caring and staff extremely respectful. I will recomend this hotel to everyone I know because of the hospitality my family had from the management and staff on our vacation. Awesome, I hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JAM1014
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Recently had a weekend stay here and was pleased. Greeted by great staff who had everything ready for us when we arrived as well as throughout the stay, checking in every morning with clean towels and linen. Room was clean and well kept. Parking was very convenient-right in front of our room door! Pool was refreshing and landscaping was up-kept. 5 minutes away from both Beach and local stores. Would certainly stay here on my next Hampton Trip.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley A
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2012

When we asked why it was so filthy they told us they were not as costly as many others. We toild them less expensive does not have to mean filthy. We left and went to Comfort Inn near by , we were pleased with Comfort Inn. I would say unless you don't care at all about clean don't stay here. We also sat on a bed to test firmness, the whole bed raised off the frame and left one lady sitting on the floor. A real pig pen.

Room Tip: choose one someplace else
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Douglas B
Reviewed 12 September 2012

new owners!! they have remodeled all the rooms. new beds, flooring, paint etc. very clean and reasonable priced. i just got home from a 4day stay and it was wonderful. the new owners are very friendly and family oriented. they made us feel very welcome. housekeeping came everyday with fresh towels and linens. they took the garbage,vacuumed and clean the bathrooms as well. it was a fun stay and we will be going back again. the new owners have definitely done an amazing job and are currently working on remodeling the outside pool as well.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank sweetjams06
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Just to let everyone know, this place USED to be nasty and filled with bed bugs, but it is now owned by other poeple and they've done a serious cleaning.
I stayed there for two nights, and there were no bugs at all. The place is cute, quiet and very close to the beach by car (5-10mins).
According to some previous comments, the new owners must have put a lot of money and effort, because this place is pretty cool and very clean. Thumbs up !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends