“Location, Location, Location.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boardwalk Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hampton
Boardwalk Inn
Ranked #2 of 13 Hampton B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Location, Location, Location.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I LOVE the location. There are quite a few reasons this got only average though:

Pros:

LOCATION! 1 block from the beach, across the street from the Casino Ballroom, which we had tickets to. Restaurant located within (which you get 15% off, saves you a little less than the tip, which hey - better than nothing!).

Staff - very friendly.

Coffee and (pre-packaged, Sara Lee) muffins and danish in "lobby" (strange little kitchen on 2nd floor) available at all times.

Restaurant - delicious, but in a different review on TripAdvisor.

Pretty clean. Did not have house keeping in on the day we spent the full day, but were very accommodating when asked for extra towels.

Cons:

Internet didn't work! Yes, I get we are on a beach vacation, but this was a stop-over for us, and while I am a beach-goer, my mom is not. She planned to do a lot of other planning and things in the room while I was out on the beach. The staff did kindly reset it (twice) for us, but it only worked a few mins the first time and not at all the second.

Noise! There was a band both nights we were there (Tuesday and Wednesday) - and seeing as we came for a concert at Casino Ballroom, I was not opposed to some noise. But the band played until well after 12:30 and kept us up, even though we were in the back, on the opposite side.

Bathroom - very small stall (shower only) and no hair dryer.

Parking - 1 block away. Not a major concern since we parked 1 time for the 2 days we were there, but not terrific. Is within the municipal lot (police) though, so felt safe leaving it there.

TV - we barely got any channels - I don't know if this was because the internet was down or not, but we couldn't even access the Weather Channel - said it was blocked. Strange, no?

We stayed on the 3rd floor - maybe this is my fault for not requesting a lower floor - but LOTS of stairs, a steeper set in back for hotel guests, or you can use the other set that is a little less steep and goes to the 2nd floor/deck bar/restaurant. Pretty far to carry lots of luggage with no elevator.

All in all, average. I'd probably not stay here again, would be just as well staying 1 block over and paying a tad less (and being closer to our car). That being said, we paid ($169 Tuesday and $199 Wednesday - not sure why the difference, but negligible) ~$370 plus tax for the 2 week nights.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bmg617

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Raynham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed at the Boardwalk Inn July 18-20. Could have not been a better stay. The room was clean as usual and the staff could not have been any friendlier. The new bar is great as it faces the ocean and the food was excellent. Do your self a favor and make this your only stop in Hampton.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rutland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Cons:
The renovation that took place this year left our balcony, ocean front room with a whole lot less balcony. When you were sitting on it, you now overlook all the diners and have to look over them for the ocean view. And the new plexi-glass balcony inserts make sitting on the balcony very hot.

The room was small and you had to move the sofa couch in order to pull it out into a bed. There weren't drawers to put any of your stuff into.

No elevators so you needed to lugg everything up 3 flights.
No ice machine.

The inn was running a special that offered 2 free meals per room except when the ballroom casino had an event and on a holiday. (I had seen it on the website). When I inquired about it, the manager said, sure, come down tom and get your tickets. When I arrived to get them, she said....well....I really shouldn't let you have them because today is fathers day and a holiday, but I guess I will let you have them anyways.

Pros: Location is right in the heart of everything! Next door to the ballroom casino, tourist office ,arcades and shops.

Staff are wonderfully friendly!
Staff did carry up the multiple loads of stuff from our friends staying the room next to us.
Parking is included (a great benefit)
Food is great.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean front balcony room on the left facing the ocean. It has the largest space and a la...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Raynham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

two of my girlfriends and i went up July 2nd-July 6th and they were awesome! I called right before we got there so we could run in and grab the parking pass, the boy at the front desk was absolutely so professional and polite.. He was very accommodating to anything we needed. There was also a lady who worked the front desk who was equally just as awesome. The room was exactly what we were promised and pretty spacious for the three of us. I've stayed in Hampton Beach a lot before and I will most definitely return to the boardwalk inn!!

Room Tip: we stayed in a side room which still had a very nice view of the beach
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Coldbrook NS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We booked this little spot for one night in Hampton Beach on our way to N. Carolina. the Front Desk Clerk, Jill was MORE than hospitable. She carried all 3 of our large bags to our room, while my husband parked the car. She was extremely friendly and clearly could not do enough for us. While we did have some very loud neighbours that night, we were assured by the morning clerk that that is unusual behaviour for this place and she would speak to them. We would stay there again without a doubt.

Room Tip: But it was very difficult to access.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JillBP
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I've stayed at a lot of the hotels on the Hampton Beach boardwalk and this is one of my favorites. We had one of the smallest rooms (lowest price peak season) but it was perfectly suitable for 2 people. It's not like we spend a lot of time in the room anyway. Though the rooms in the front are amazing with ocean view balconies if you can get them.

When we stayed here we got a discount at the restaurant below the hotel which was a great deal and the food is really good. This hotel is right next door to the Casino - arcade, mini golf, restaurants and shopping. Right across the street from the beach. They offer parking, you don't really need your car for anything while you're here unless you take a ride to Rye.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rebecca R
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have stayed at many places on Hampton Beach and the Boardwalk Inn is by far the cleanest, best furnished and friendliest staff and competitively priced! They are located next door to the Casino Ballroom and I would highly recommend and they will definitely be seeing me again!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family