“What can we say? With one word, fantastic!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boardwalk Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hampton
Boardwalk Inn
Ranked #2 of 13 Hampton B&B and Inns
West Lebanon, NH
“What can we say? With one word, fantastic!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2009

We went online to find a hotel in Hampton, NH, late one night, and I filled out a form for this hotel after 9:30 pm. the night before we were set to leave. I got a phone call about 10:00 pm from this hotel to tell me about the hotel, the prices, new renovations, etc. The quick response impressed us. It was convenient having the restaurant downstairs from the room. The room was clean, newly painted, new furniture, small fridge, balcony (!!!!) overlooking the boardwalk and beach. The bed was the only one at a hotel we have EVER been at, that was comfortable to sleep on. The staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating. What totally blew us away was the menu and food. Everything we ate and drank was FANTASTIC!!!! Lunch or dinner, NOT ONE COMPLAINT!! INCREDIBLE food, that was worth the money . I don't know who their chef is, but Kudos to them... Blown away by our stay, and definately will come back to them.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank redgar67

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2008

If you are looking for a place that is old, dirty, loud and way over priced, this is the place for you. It was so bad I left after one night and paid the so called cancellation fees (which was more then a nights stay) that has been reported to the NH attorney general and the Hampton Chamber of Commerce. They don't have an excercise room, but not to worry because doing the three flights of dirty, smelly stairs with all your luggage from a parking lot a block away is a great work out. There is an alarm clock though, but you don't have to set it, the smashing beer bottles being dumped in the trash (right below your window) every ten minutes will keep you up. Also no need to bring anything to read because there is only light from the broken ceiling fan and no tables. I could go on and on, I hope you get the picture, and oh yes the manager, at least that's who she said she was, was rude unprofessional and could have used a good shower.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Bix115
Rhode Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2008

We had tickets to see Chris Isaak at the Hampton Beach Casino so I was looking for a hotel in close proximity to this venue.
I found and booked two nights at an ocean front room at the Boardwalk Inn and Cafe, since it was right next door to the casino.
The room was spacious and it had the great private deck overlooking the ocean and the "strip" at Hampton Beach.
The bathroom was tiny with a stand up shower, sink, mirror and toilet.
The room had a large but uncomfortable bed, a bureau, two nightstands, a mini fridge, tv, and air conditioner.
We had maid service but our room was never cleaned. So, fresh towels were never provided and our bed was never made.
We had to take toilet paper from an open supply closet so we didn't run out.
They hotel offered a free continental breakfast which translated into stale coffee and pastry in plastic (similar to Hostess mini coffee cakes).
The hotel does have an adjoining restaurant which serves lunch and dinner.
However, my husband got food poisoning during dinner so we didn't try any other meals.
The lounge had karaoke which is one of my favorite pasttimes. Yet, the karaoke host chose to sing all the songs so I never got a chance to hold the microphone.
He was talented but egos with talent don't mix and the point of a karaoke show is to engage the audience and encourage them to sing, not to hold a one-man song night.
The other complaint is that we never saw a manager or any "front desk" staff. We checked in with the bartender and checked out with an inadequate staff member who seemed to care less about the guests and more about sitting on her [--] playing with her dog.

• Liked — private deck on ocean front room
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank HC8
massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2008

My family and I stayed here last month (my husband, 2 year old daughter and mom) and we will never be back. Well to start off our check in time was 1:00pm so we got there by one and was told our room wasn’t ready.... seeing as parking was a block away it was extremely inconvenient for us to carry all of our bags back to the car. So we were told to come back in an hour, so we get back a little after 2 and guess what still not ready. Finally around 2:30 it was ready. We stayed in a suite so my mom could sleep on the pull out (which broke the second night leaving my mom to sleep on a couch), and we would have the bedroom. The rooms were supposed to be newly renovated which they look like they were but it was horrible there was holes in the wall, paint chipping off, and the room was ridiculously small. Then around 8 at night to top off our first day, there was a fire! no smoke alarms went off, we had out find out by someone outside yelling up to my husband in the window to get out there was a fire. So we had to stay outside till 11 at night with a 2 year old, we didn’t even get an apology. On our 3rd day we were told that housekeeping wasn’t coming in because no one was checking in. Let me remind you, the only trash cans you have are in the bathroom and are maybe only 7 inches tall...so they needed to be emptied, we needed new towels for the bathroom, and when we said something to the management it was almost like they didn’t want to be bothered. So apparently if you want a clean room pray that someone is checking in. It was so loud, which I understand you can expect being right on the boardwalk, but between the fights at the casino, and the beer bottles being dumped in the garbage it was extremely loud. so needless to say we had enough and left a day early.

• Liked — it was right on the boardwalk
  • Disliked — everything about the hotel
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank kayleensmommy
new hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2008

During my stay at the Boardwalk, I was completely dissatisfied with the rooms, housekeeping and management. The rooms are tiny and fiflty. It's is always loud. The casino is right next to it, they have a band playing until late at night and the management is not courteous whatsoever. I called and was told that I would get an ocean front room when I got their I got a room with windows facing the side of the casino. You have to look out the window to see the ocean if you can put up with the smell of the trash cans, etc., below and the noise early in the morning from the trash pick up sounds like a train wreck. The food was okay, nothing to write home about.

never again:>(.

• Liked — It's across from the ocean
  • Disliked — Very unfriendly environment i.e, staff and management.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bootsiebootsie
rhode island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2008

we stayed at the boardwalk inn last august. the only complaint i have is that at that time their website said "newly renovated rooms". i swear, the room we had, had a sleeping area and rroom with a sofa. there was a huge red stain on the carpet. we thought someone had been murdered there. the food at the pub/restaurant was good. as far as the loud music, we were in the crowd, that's one thing we went for. we walked the entire strip looking for entertainment and ended up back at the boardwalk. they had karoke, but the singers were good. they actually seemed to be regulars. call us gluteons for punishishment. we're going back to the boardwalk inn tomorrow, 8/4/08

• Liked — Location - Center Of Boardwalk
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Boston, ma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2008

My friend and I arrived for the weekend and only stayed for the night. The rooms are very very tiny and the hallway smelled funky. The carpet had sand embedded in it..housekeeping could have done a better job. We stayed in a room where it was advertised "some oceanview"..there was none. You look outside the room and there are trash cans everywhere, employees smoking and drunk kids..don't open the windows, it smelt horribly. Don't stay here if you want a good night's sleep. The bar which is 10 feet away from the rooms is extremely loud, there is a band that plays till 1am and the street is noisy as well. Also, the hotel manager was rude and snappy at us when we were checking in and out.. I dreaded even speaking to her. Overall, don't expect much out of this place.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends