“Smells, dirty and falling apart.”
Review of Ship's Inn Resort

Ship's Inn Resort
Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 12 August 2014

First floor room 55 and room 108 were very dirty, smelled like smoke and damp basement. Neighbors were smoking in their room so it's was in our room too. You could here every footstep from the people upstairs. Not good at all.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank travelheidi65

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Upon arrival I needed to use a bathroom and was refused and told to go to the beach restroom because our paper work wasn't completed. I asked if a family member could fill it all out and could I have the key to use the bathroom and was told no. 10 minutes later we were finally giving the key and when we asked where to park 2 employees told us they didn't know? We finally get to our poolside room to only go in to a nasty mildew smell, the couch was a loveseat pull out bed that was unable to even sit on due to the couch cushion sunk down into the bed. There were no towels and the coffee maker and counter tops were dirty. To top it all off we tried to enjoy the swimming pool but the water was so hot (95 degree's) we were unable to swim in it. No one could enjoy it and people were complaining about it. When we notified the staff several times our issue were never addressed.

Room Tip: I wouldn't suggest it!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Nina R
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed in the Windsurfer building on B street. Room 205 was a standard two double bed. Beds are not large enough for 4 adults. We brought a camp mattress. The beds and pillows were very comfortable compared to other hotels at the beach. The dark headboard was polished nicely. The room was darker than I'd like. The room has two chairs and dining table with coffee maker, ground coffee, cups with no creamer. I was fooled by the website wording for the standard room has a convenient kitchenette. The room had a microwave and small refrigerator. No cooking equipment. The toilet handle had to be held down in order for the toilet to fully flush. The bathroom looked remodeled and clean. The large private porch looked out at A street Silver Wave motel backside and telephone poles. Not a good view. The deck was swept but should be mopped. I did like their was a table and 3 outdoor chairs on porch. Their is no free wifi. I tried connecting to several options that popped up but couldn't get free service. I should have asked for 1st floor room. Those stairs coming in and out of the building is hard to climb when you have knee arthritis. There is a nice roof top deck. Room was reasonably priced. They have a very nice large heated pool. The best highlight of the place. The Inn was centrally located to everything.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank chermst
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was our second time staying at the Ship's Inn. We had room 57 by the road near the office and here it goes: the stove looked broken(talked to the office and someone was going to look at it but I don't know if they did), the stove hood worked when it wanted and didn't have a cover, carpet so stained I had to throw out my socks, needs updating on everything and the a/c filter was filthy so I cleaned it. I went to get towels the first day and they didn't have any went again twice the next day still none. House keeping only left 1 set of towels the second day it was a good thing we had beach towels we didn't use. I had such high hopes, so much so that we went back to this place to enjoy our family mini vacation. Needless to say we stayed out of the room for most of our trip. We didn't look for another place to stay seeing that we travel 4+ hours to get there but we will never stay at the Ship's Inn ever again. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Ask a lot of questions.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Aslin D
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My expectations weren't high after reading all of the negative reviews however we were pleasantly surprised. We arrived in Hampton around 10 am so I went to the office to see if we could at least park in the parking lot for the day. Not only did they say yes but we were told our room was ready and we were able to check in at 10AM! The front desk staff was very kind and helpful.
We stayed in a shipjack room overlooking the larger pool. The room itself was average. Nothing fancy however it suited all of our needs. There were two bedrooms. One had a king size bead and huge closet. The other bedroom had a full bed, small closet and tv. There was a TV in the living room area with a small 2 person couch. The couch pulled out to a sleeper sofa. That bed was extremely uncomfortable and you'd be better off bringing an air mattress to use. There was a small kitchen table with 2 chairs in the kitchen area. The kitchen was well stocked with pots, pans, toaster, coffee maker full size frig and freezer and utensils. The bathroom was a decent size. The room had a sliding glass door out on to the porch which was open with a view to the pool. It did rain one day and were unable to sit on the porch as there was no type of covering on the level above so the rain came through. The porch had a table and 4 chairs for each room. A friend with us stayed in one of the schooner suites. That room had everything ours did but was larger. the living room area had a couch, 2 chairs, a desk and small table. That room also overlooked the pool however the deck was enclosed but had windows. The decor and furniture we both rooms were old looking however like I said I don't have really high expectations for Hampton Beach. Everything was very clean, just dated.

The larger pool of the two was very warm and I saw it cleaned every morning. The small pool was very small but good for young children. There was a bbq area just outside of our building with 8 or so charcoal grills and picnic tables.

The staff was very pleasant. They gave us recommendations and directions for things to do on the rainy day. There are signs up saying the decks close from 10pm - 8am however we were out there past those hours and no one said anything. I'm guessing as long as you are quiet and not bothering anyone then they won't bother you. Same thing went for the pool. The sign said it closed at 9 however people were swimming until almost 11.

Being at the end of B street was very convenient for going out to eat, shopping and getting to the ocean.

There was plenty of room in the parking lot and we had no issues. You need to go to the laundry area for ice, but they had no problem filling up our cooler for us.

Overall I would have to say I would definitely stay there again. I'd say the value for the size of the rooms is just right.

Room Tip: If you are on the lower decks things fall through the cracks and land on you ie: if the person is sm...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kathy5512
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our room was 120, a jaquzzi room. We enjoyed it. A remodel is long overdue, but for what we needed, it was alright. After a drive around the village we relized that we could walk everywhere. The only real complaint was the "Free WiFi". Never worked on any of my devices and I'm very tech savy. I was able to used the hotspot feature of my iPhone to bypass the problem for me and my sister in-laws 6 member party that in a 2 bedroom suite that was awesome (their WiFi never worked either). Desk clerk told me to select Linksys-n network that showed up intermittantly on our list to choose from but when it did connect it did not work to use internet.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 120. Was nice and everything worked. when we arrived the alarm clock in the only...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

If you are staying at Hampton Beach this is a very good motel to stay at. I first booked a stay here a few weeks back, but I had to cancel the day of because I was in a car accident and was hospitalized. They gave me a no hassle refund and I didn't even have to ask for it. So I figured once I got out I would return the favor and stay a night at this motel. This motel is in a great location off the strip, but you are a quick minute walk to the strip which is nice because the strip is loud at night with drunks. The Ships Inn offers plenty of parking, they even let me keep my car at the hotel passed checkout time. The room was spacious for Hampton Beach standards and offers a kitchenette, plus a jacuzzi tub. Like most motels at Hampton Beach it's nothing luxurious, but it gets the job done. I would definitely stay here again, the staff is willing to go the extra mile to make sure you enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: June 2014