“Nice family vacation”

Ranked #36 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Springfield, Mass
“Nice family vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2008

I went to Hampton beach with my two sisters, mother and father. We rented a spacious apartment with kitchen with decent size dinning area for 5 days. We had a wonderful time at the beach at Regal Inn. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub very much. I would recommend to any one.

• Liked — reasonable price and clean place
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Massachusets
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2007

I loved staying at the Regal inn. The pool was heated and it was always clean, and the rooms where so comfortable. The kids just adored the place and i plan on coming back next year.

1 Thank jrrykin52
Quincy, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2007

I have two regrets here. I wish I used [--] like I always do and I wish I knew of TripAdvisor before I booked the place.

I was looking for a room at Hampton Beach and came across the Regal Inn's website. It had a lovely picture of a clean room and claimed to have friendly, helpful staff, and the best pool on Hampton beach. There was no picture of the pool, but the photo of the hot tub was gorgeous, like a spa, so I called and booked a room.

This could not have been further from the truth! When we arrived at the Regal we were greeted by a huge overflowing, fly infested pile of trash, not in the back behind a fence, but right by the front door where you have to park. With some trepidation we entered the lobby , it was tacky. The woman behind the counter was not friendly as stated, but terse, grabbed our credit card, and charged us for our three nights stay in advance. She pointed to an accordion door next to the desk and said that the jacuzzi was behind there, if we wanted to use it. I peaked inside, the room was tiny, dark and had no windows. The hot tub looked nasty and I decided right then, that we would not use it at all.

We reluctantly took our key and went to the room. What we found then was even worse! The room stunk of cigarette smoke, even though the sign proudly stated that the hotel was a smoke free esablishment. The beds looked ancient and the bedding was dingy and dirty. The picture on the wall above the tv was broken the glass was sharred and spider-webbed. The lamp on the night stand was broken also, it's shade hung crookedly and it would not turn on. The room was devoid of the usual amenities. There was no coffeemaker, no alarm clock, it didn't even contain a Bible from the Gideons!

I was tired from a full day at the water park and was dying to shower off the chlorine, so I headed for the bathroom. Unfortunately it was dirty and had no toiletries. A pile of towels sat folded on a table by the bathroom door. I reached over to get one, only to find that they were sopping wet! Who folds a wet towel and leaves it in a room for their guest? Do you suppose they were the ones from the previous tenant? My husband grabbed them all and headed for the front desk to get new ones. A few minutes later he came back with dry ones, although I wasn't thrilled with them either.

We decided just to dump our bags and go to dinner because I was sick of hearing the kids complain, they were calling it the roach motel. When we got back from dinner, my husband grabbed a dirty pillow, and went down to find the terse woman again and complain.

"You can't expect us to check all the rooms" she said, and offered to move us to one upstairs, we looked at it, but it was just as bad as the first one. We finally decided that we couldn't possibly stay there and asked for a refund. It was then that we were told about the 48 hour cancellation policy and that we couldn't get our money back.

My husband called the owner, but he was unreasonable too. So we left, and found ourselves driving to Portsmouth at ten pm looking for a hotel with a vacancy. We found a clean, comfortable hotel, with an indoor pool, lovely clean jacuzzi and free continental breakfast, all for just a few dollars more than the stink hole we just left. In short, the Regal isn't very regal at all!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — There was nothing good here
7 Thank dad1001

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Tampa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2007

We stayed at Regal Inn during first week of July. The rooms are great and the view from the third floor was excellent. Our three small children had such a great time that they did not want to go home. So we booked the room for additional three days. Our next door visitor were staying there for two weeks. They said they loved the Jacuzzi room. it is nice place and we will come back next year.

Stayed July 2007
Lexington, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2007

If I had read the reviews prior to going to Regal Inn, I would have never gone. But me and my family I had a wonderful trip there. The owner was friendly, at the desk and accommodated us well. She reccommended ideas for the kids and great restaurants around the area. The rooms were nice and clean. Overall very enjoyable.

• Liked — Pool staff/owner at desk
2 Thank Mcadams
bindahbq
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2007

I have been staying at the Regal Inn in Hampton Beach for the past seven years. Two years back the property got sold to new owners and since then it is a horrible place to stay. The pool is always dirty and they close it to clean in the middle of a 96 degree weather day. The Jacuzzi is dirty, I stayed in the "Suite" last year and that was disgusting. Depite all of that I decided to give it another shot because I always loved staying there and thought maybe last summer I just went at a bad time. I called on June 2, 2007 to make reservations for one room with two double beds for four adults. The man I spoke with said I was all set but this year I would have to put
a deposit on my credit card instead of mailing the money to them like
past years. I told him I'd have to get my card and I would call him back in 5 minutes. When I did he said to put down $100 and when I went to give the card number he was telling the lady in the backround
about me reservations and she said no way. So now they were all of a sudden booked all summer. Im 25 not a child and going with a friend and our boyfriends should not be an issue. I could tell I was getting
discriminated against because of my ago so I had my boyfriend call about the same date and same room only say it was him and his kids. He got the room no problem they had any dates opened he needed. So I took the phone and told the woman of the situation that happened when
I just called. She apoligized and said she would book the room for us, she just needed to know our ages cause they charge more for young
kids. Thats when I said there were no kids we were 24, 24, 25 and 25. She responded by saying she was booked all summer again. I asked her if it was legal to age discriminate and she assured me she wasn't
she made a mistake and they were booked for the year. I told her how long I had been staying at the hotel and she said oh wait you should of said that in the beginning we hold rooms for past customers. Needless to say I will never stay there they don't deserve to have my money because I had to play games to even get a room. I have also contacted the camber of commerce on the issue and have been assured the correct people have been contacted to catch them in there scheme.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank bindahbq
Woburn, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2007

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! My boyfriend and I tried to plan a nice weekend away, boy were we in for a big surpirse. We were suppose to stay for 2 nights but left early with no refund because it was so bad! When we first got to the regal inn to check inn the office was closed and we had to check in at the flagship motel down the street. We finally got to the room and we had no hot water. We called and they said they were having maitnence issues and it will be on soon. More like two hours later! so finally I got to take a shower and the tub leaked and there was about 2 inches of water on the floor! we were going to a concert that night and was running late so we had to leave. When I called in the morning about the leaking the lady wa very rude and said they just opened and problems were expected. shorlty after the conversation the toliet chain broke off and it would not flush. Also the tv was just static none of the stations came in. There were peanuts around the edge of the bed and we didn't eat any peanuts. that was the last straw I called the lady and demanded a refund, she said no refund but offered another room. When I asked for the owners number or address she said he lives and florida and doesn't talk to people! Well we were so aggravated and didn't feel like dealing with any more problems and rude uncaring people we decided to leave. This hotel should be condemmed I plan to write to the BBB.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything was horrible
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple