“What a change.”

Breakers by the Sea
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 14 June 2014

First off, the sunrises from the balcony are spectacular, as it is everywhere on Hampton Beach. The room smelled of fresh paint and the linens looked new. There are some legit horror stories about this place online, but that owner and staff are gone. The rooms facing the ocean are the best view you can have anywhere here. It's not right down on the board walk so the traffic isn't as busy. I found the board walk area to be about a 5-10 min walk away, so yes, park the car and leave it alone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bogblogger

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed there the last weekend in May. Great new management who go out of their way to make guests satisfied. Location is great. Had a room Facing the ocean that was beautiful. Full kitchen amenities (fridge, stove, kitchen ware). Great location, service, and price!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank KaylaLO
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I can understand why people in the past did not like this place. Management was terrible. However it has since been taken over by new management and they are great. Dedicated to making sure their customers are satisfied. Went above and beyond during our stay there to make sure things went well for us. We were in a beautiful room which was in great shape. It's an ideal location with the ocean and strip very close. Excited to stay there again in the future!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matt C
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for 3 days 2 nights. First room smelled of alcohol, broken beds, moldy room. Management couldn't move us until the next day. Assured us that we would be reimbursed for one night. 2nd room still moldy but beds in ok shape. Dirty linens and towels. When checking out management "forgot" about issues and only offered half of a day reimbursement because we slept in the rotten room..we had no other choice! Never ever going back here and it spoiled my trip.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This place is a real dump. Non working A/C in our room, with moldy walls, mold in the fridge. clogged bathtub, no dining area as supposed, dirty carpet, smell like a real dump due to molding issue. It was hard to believe how I was ripped off and could not do anything about it. I tried to cancel with my credit card company but they could not assure me I would win my case. Don't stay there, and you should be safe. On top, my room was in the semi-basement, no balcony.......... gross, disgusting........ a big shower with lots of alcool desinfectant is needed after staying there. BE AWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank QcCndtraveler
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I was running a 5k near Hampton this past weekend with a few of my friends so we decided to stay at the beach for a few nights while we were there. We booked 2 nights at Breakers by the Sea but we were only able to stay for 1 due to the horrible conditions. We were disappointed the minute we walked into the room because it was absolutely disgusting. I'm not sure why they even bother having the kitchenette in there because the appliances are so old and dirty that nobody in their right mind would ever use them anyway. There was still a dirty towel hanging on the back of the door. There is no sink in the tiny bathroom so you have to use the one for the kitchenette. The smell of the musty carpets was awful. We could have put up with all of this, because we were not there for the hotel and didn't plan on doing anything there except sleeping and showering. But that was the biggest problem. We planned to take showers that night but realized that the shower drain was completely plugged and there was nobody in the office at that time to complain to. The next morning before our race we got up early and found a guy that worked there and asked him to take a look at it for us. He said he couldn't fix it right then but that he would be back and it would be fixed before we got back from our 5k. We got back later that afternoon, hot and sweaty from the race and wanting to shower. We went back to the room and it still wasn't fixed. When I went to the office to complain and request another room I was told that there were no other rooms available and the very incompetent man at the desk was even rude enough to suggest that we go use the outdoor showers at the beach if we needed a shower so bad. My friends and I left and were able to find another hotel down the road that was much cleaner and nicer and we immediately booked a room because we knew we couldn't spend another night in that other disgusting place. When I went back to Breakers I told the man in the office that I would like a refund because we were not staying in a hotel where we couldn't even take a shower. I was told that he wouldn't be able to give a refund and that I would have to wait to talk to the office manager who wasn't there at that time. When she finally came in she was very nice and apologetic about it (probably all fake to make me shut up) and said that she couldn't give me a refund and that she would have to talk to the owners and promised to call me. It's now 3 days later and I still haven't heard anything or been able to get an answer when I call. Do yourself a favor and do not stay at this dump!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank happycamper978
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My wife and I made a last minute decision to drive to Hampton Beach to The Breakers BTS which we were happy to get at the last minute. We arrived to find a young woman who let us into our "room". I don't know where to start! The room smelled of must, the sliding glass door to the outside porch did not hardly open, the porch was covered in webs and bird crap, there was no sink in the bathroom (only one in the "kitchenette"), not a single garbage can to be found, the beds were lumpy and the linens where musty, and the cable tv did not work. After finding the girl who let us in and showing her the issues she stated that she would tell the manager and she would come take care of it. I told her we were going to leave but be back in an hour. When we returned nothing had been done. There is no night manager or a number to call for assistance. When we were leaving the next morning there was no one in the office and only a slot to drop the key. After NUMEROUS attempts to get some sort of resolution with management, at the writing of this review, nothing has been done. I have been promised over and over that something would be done. STAY AWAY!!

Room Tip: GO to another hotel